The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Pick-up Auger Mount  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Pick-up Auger Mount
« on: Nov 01, 2003, 08:44 PM »
I posted this one earlier but was forced to delete it(technical difficulties).  I got tired of gear just bouncing around the back of the truck as it can get pretty rough getting to and from the lake.  I've decided to begin modifying my truck to better suit my fishing needs.  I started with this mount for my auger.  

Wables

Re:Pick-up Auger Mount
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2003, 09:59 PM »
Hee Hee.  That looks almost exactly like the one I built for the front rack on my 4-wheeler.  I lined mine with conveyor belting though.  Works great, and only costs some scrap plywood and belting.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2003, 06:39 AM »
Looks pretty cool. Ive also seen 4' pieces of PVC used where one can set the auger in and it rides along.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2003, 10:42 AM »
I forgot to mention, something that makes this addition to my truck even sweeter.  I did it at work, on company time, out of the company material(with permission of course).  I've done a lot of fishing projects at work over the years, there is something to be said about getting paid to build fishing stuff.  I had this one Superintendant who was an avid ice angler, would let me do whatever I wanted with company material so long as it was for fishing....gotta love it....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.