The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Jiffy Augers: White Lightning vs. Lightning Stealth  (Read 2552 times)

Offline pontiac787

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Jiffy Augers: White Lightning vs. Lightning Stealth
« on: Sep 13, 2005, 09:31 AM »
Does anyone know the difference between the Jiffy Model 76 Lightweight and the Jiffy Legend Lightning Stealth? There is about a $10 difference in price between the two in Cabela's but neither the Cabela's or Jiffy website are very clear as to why you would choose one over the other.  The Stealth seems to have a better warranty and blade.  Any ideas?

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Jiffy Augers: White Lightning vs. Lightning Stealth
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2005, 10:33 AM »
Here is what Jiffy says:

Q: What is the difference between the Jiffy WHITE LIGHTning™ and the LEGEND LIGHTning™?
A: The same two horsepower 49 cc Tecumseh engine is used for the Jiffy WHITE LIGHTning (Model 76) and the LEGEND LIGHTning Model 77. The engine on the LEGEND LIGHTning is yellow. They all use the same high-speed gearbox used on all Jiffy power ice drills.
The WHITE LIGHTning and LEGEND LIGHTning are available with all the FirePower™ and FirePower D-Ice'r ARMOR™ drills. They can also use any separately purchased Jiffy 70 Series power ice drill assembly.

I have a 2 HP Stealth and for the extra $$ definatley go for the Stealth blades.  That price of $299.99 I believe is for last year models.  I don't think this price is for the new 2006 STX blade models.  I have seen them listed between $379.99 and $389.99 for the new model. They are also offering a 1-2-3 warranty on their new 2006 models.  A 1 year warranty on the engine, 2 years on the gear box and 3 years on the new STX blades.  When I bought my Stealth two years ago I paid $329.00.   Good Luck.
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Jiffy Augers: White Lightning vs. Lightning Stealth
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2005, 05:41 PM »
I have a 2HP 9" Stealth Jiffy. Cuts great, the two small blades cut a nice pilot hole for the main blade.
I saw both cut holes and you cant go wrong with either.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.