Author Topic: 21/22 Hard Water Season  (Read 3586 times)

Offline Seus

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Not all who wander are Lost!
21/22 Hard Water Season
« on: Oct 15, 2021, 05:51 AM »
Hi fellow Ontarians, I am just posting to see if everyone is getting excited yet about the upcoming season. This year I hope the ice comes early, last year wasn't bad but I hope it is much better this year. I am in Eastern Ontario in the Ottawa area. It would be nice to find some people to fish with most of my friends don't fish. While I enjoy being out on the ice it is always better with someone else to fish with. Looking forward to it either way, Cheers all.
Seus

Keep'em Tight!
Not all who wander are Lost!

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 21/22 Hard Water Season
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2021, 07:04 AM »
We are still doing a little open water fishing here in N/W Ontario on the occasional nice day.  I plan on running up to the outpost cabin the first couple of days next week since the weather looks good, then the next trip in after that it will be time to pull the docks, waterline and winterize. Winter usually shows it's face here anytime after the middle of October, it looks like it might be a little later this year.  My permanent shacks are ready to go, I like to see 8" to 10" of ice before pulling them out, last year they were on the ice the first week of December. My wife always says winter is her favorite time of year, for her it is snowshoeing and skiing, for me it ice fishing.  The first thing that comes to mind about ice fishing is firing up the wood stove and cooking smokies out in the shack, then looking forward to snowmobiling in to the remote lakes and the overnighters at the cabins.  As you mentioned, it is nice to fish with others, it is usually a social thing, but I also enjoy my time fishing alone.  I am sure if you look around you will be able to find some others that like to ice fish, maybe even someone from your area will see this post and reach out to you. Enjoy your winter.

Offline DawntoDusk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2021, 11:48 AM »
Yep, I'm starting to get that itch for the ice season also. Been checking out the gear today to see what I need for the upcoming season.

Offline Bear58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2021, 03:34 PM »
Hi fellow Ontarians, I am just posting to see if everyone is getting excited yet about the upcoming season. This year I hope the ice comes early, last year wasn't bad but I hope it is much better this year. I am in Eastern Ontario in the Ottawa area. It would be nice to find some people to fish with most of my friends don't fish. While I enjoy being out on the ice it is always better with someone else to fish with. Looking forward to it either way, Cheers all.

Where in the Ottawa area do you fish, I live in Carleton Place, might hook up at some point
OFAH ZONE F

Offline Seus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2021, 11:55 AM »
Hey Bear, I Live in Stittsville and fish Mississippi, White, Clayton, Shirleys Bay, Constance Lake and Bay. Looking to find more places to have a good Varity and always like to meet new people with similar interests..
Seus

Keep'em Tight!

Offline m1k3_88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2021, 09:16 AM »
I'm new to the Smiths Falls area. If you guys don't mind me tagging along sometimes,  Have all my own gear.

Mike

Offline shinpoe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2021, 10:21 AM »
In Ottawa area (Kanata South) and just moved from Alberta this summer. Always down to join! I try to make it out at least once a week. Been somewhat scouting the areas during the open water season in my kayak, mostly around mississippi lake and bob's lake.

Offline Seus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 15, 2021, 10:23 AM »
Sounds like a plan guys, once the ice starts we can start talking about meeting and trying a few spots.
Seus

Keep'em Tight!

Offline m1k3_88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 26, 2021, 12:51 PM »
Anybody out hitting the ice yet?

Offline Seus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 27, 2021, 05:20 AM »
I am trying Shirley’s bay this morning. Checked yesterday and there was 8” for a good distance out.
Seus

Keep'em Tight!

Offline shinpoe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2021, 10:43 PM »
how was the ice? I was thinking of heading down there tmr to test out the eqpt for the season

Offline Seus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2021, 09:56 AM »
Ice was great 8-9 in, several days later there are vehicles going out there now. Several perch caught and ate, great first ice day.
Seus

Keep'em Tight!

Offline B_radley83

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2022, 07:17 AM »
I've gotten out this week, was a blast. It was nice to walk on water again. Took a few mins for the jitters to get out. Always nerve-wracking the first time on ice for the season. I live in Trenton. I hit up all sorts of lakes from the BOQ to back lakes. Anyone who wants to get out. Just send a msg. I don't have spots, but I have the know how and drive

Offline shinpoe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2022, 06:57 PM »
Ice was great 8-9 in, several days later there are vehicles going out there now. Several perch caught and ate, great first ice day.

Thanks, was able to get out on the ice couple of days ago based on your posts. About a dozen perch caught and released at 7 FOW - I'm guessing will have to go a bit deeper for eyes and pike.

Offline Backwoodsfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2022, 07:15 AM »

I have been reading and learning from this site for a while now but this will be my first post. This was our last day fishing of 2021 and a great way to end one year and start the new ice season. My son caught his first trout ever and the first fish of the season for us. I thought being out in the backwoods we would be alone but there were several others fishing the lake that day and this was the only fish I saw landed. I'm not sure who was more proud him or me.

Offline shinpoe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 17, 2022, 02:11 PM »
nice catch!

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
« Reply #16 on: Jan 19, 2022, 10:43 AM »

I have been reading and learning from this site for a while now but this will be my first post. This was our last day fishing of 2021 and a great way to end one year and start the new ice season. My son caught his first trout ever and the first fish of the season for us. I thought being out in the backwoods we would be alone but there were several others fishing the lake that day and this was the only fish I saw landed. I'm not sure who was more proud him or me.

Awesome job DAD! I’m the same, love it when the boy outfishes me…. Lol. Great first post, look forward to more.
   "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline m1k3_88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 21, 2022, 05:54 AM »
anybody up for hitting mississippi lake this weekend?

Offline Bear58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 21, 2022, 09:49 AM »
Where u thinking, I might Sunday but depends on access  after all that snow this week might be a hard trek on foot
OFAH ZONE F

Offline m1k3_88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 22, 2022, 09:38 AM »
Gonna see if the gf wants to go out tomorrow afternoon. Most likely grasshopper point but yeah the snow should be interesting.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.