Author Topic: Another Bowdish skunk...  (Read 1669 times)

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
Another Bowdish skunk...
« on: Feb 07, 2022, 01:25 PM »
Well another foray out this a.m. 10-11  inches of ice. Looked for the elusive "Slot" my neighbor spoke of ... no luck hit about 6 ft. max where he said the area was. Hand augered about 15 holes got to about 6 ft. on a couple. went further up to the main part of the lake cut another 2 holes and those tested out at about 7 ft. (not too weedy.) To be fair to this old lake, I really have not give it a full on the ice day and I've fished a lot during the day. To be fair I need to get out early a.m. in some 7 ft water and hit a full day of fishing. Like I've said before all the fish don't go to Boca for the winter. They are here somewhere. I just need to find them. I have great luck early a.m. on this lake in the summer, maybe the same for the winter. oh well another day another bucket of shiners.
Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Another Bowdish skunk...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2022, 04:58 PM »
I feel your pain….did another couple hours at Lincoln Woods this am…not even a flag with crazy shiners. Conditions were great just no luck so far at my stomping grounds. Heading for the derby this weekend hope my luck changes there! Tight lines  ;)

Offline comeonnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2022, 05:46 PM »
Good effort getting out there and finding the spot. They're in there somewhere and I'm sure you'll find them.  The rain drove me off the ice at 11:30.  Nice morning to be on the ice.  Tight lines,

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2022, 05:51 AM »
Need another good freeze after this weather keep the ice around for a few more weeks

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2022, 07:46 AM »
Thanks for the support fellas. I may head up to the derby this weekend as well. I have about another 1/2 dozen leftover shiners to drown so tomorrow morning I'm going to give it another run up the lake.
Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.