The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Someone fishing Chauncy this morning - anyone here?  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nationality: Porterguese of course!
Someone fishing Chauncy this morning - anyone here?
« on: Dec 19, 2005, 09:26 AM »
Saw another lonely soul fishing Chauncy this am - same cove behind the state hospital. Anyone from this site? Any reports?

- Porter

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Someone fishing Chauncy this morning - anyone here?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2005, 12:59 PM »
I took a look see on saturday, but didn't see anyone out there, and no holes  either.  I only looked around the boat ramp area.  I have never fished chauncey, any ideas of where to start drilling?  I hope to be out there all next week.  Anyone else going to be around?

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2005, 01:04 PM »
We have fished around the boat Ramp area. Have had good days and bad days.
Worth a shot. Good Luck.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2005, 02:36 PM »
 I think that BigBigRdg was heading over there today. He sent me a PM saying he would be there , but I had to work today. :-\
Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2005, 03:02 PM »
Im actually heading out there tmra morning. I just got all my bait, and im ready to go. The Pike Bait is absolutly HUGE! Hope I get one! :tipup:

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nationality: Porterguese of course!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2005, 03:21 PM »
Big big rdg, see my avatar above - that was from Chauncy last year (about 9lbs) - much bigger in there as you know - be sure to fish the deep weed line edge - weeds are still green near the bottom, attracting bait & PIKE! Good luck and be sure to report back.Mark's girl Bev I think got one last year also.   - Porter

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2005, 03:37 PM »
Big big rdg, see my avatar above - that was from Chauncy last year (about 9lbs) - much bigger in there as you know - be sure to fish the deep weed line edge - weeds are still green near the bottom, attracting bait & PIKE! Good luck and be sure to report back.Mark's girl Bev I think got one last year also.   - Porter

Thx for the tips. I will report back tmra with my catch. Hopefully it will be a monster pike!

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2005, 04:15 PM »
 Big,
 Just rember to release those fish after you photo them so we have a shot at them too. ;)
Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2005, 04:30 PM »
Big,
 Just rember to release those fish after you photo them so we have a shot at them too. ;)

Will do.....I realease all fish except for the occasional trout or salmon. Thx for the tips btw. ;D

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2005, 04:35 PM »
 I plan on putting more time in on Chauncy this year and trying to catch my first tiger musky and or a bigger pike than Bev's 9 1/4 lber ;D.

Offline Cartman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Flaaaaaag!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2005, 05:40 PM »
Hey, I'm new here and I lived about 10 minutes away from lake chauncey. Anyone got any other tips/locations for pike and bass? My dad and I have only been icefishing for a year, and all we seem to end up with is a few small chain pickerel :-[ I'm gonna be heading out there this christmas break ;D

Cartman
Got Ice?

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2005, 05:14 AM »
Cartman.....keep trying, put some time in, and the fish will come.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline weedeater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2005, 09:12 AM »
Hey, I'm new here and I lived about 10 minutes away from lake chauncey. Anyone got any other tips/locations for pike and bass? My dad and I have only been icefishing for a year, and all we seem to end up with is a few small chain pickerel :-[ I'm gonna be heading out there this christmas break ;D

Cartman

Hey Cartman,
if all you're getting are picks, it could be because of a couple things:
1. You're fishing in too much weeds.
2. You're fishing late in the day.  we've found bass like it earlier and as the day wears on on some ponds, we get nothing but picks.
3. Your shiners are dead  :(

That's just a couple of suggestions.   Some ponds just have too many pickerals!   

Offline Cartman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Flaaaaaag!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2005, 02:16 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys :)

Cartman
Got Ice?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.