The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: tournaments for 2006 any dates?????  (Read 3358 times)

Offline seabass

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Seabass Blizard
tournaments for 2006 any dates?????
« on: Nov 29, 2005, 11:41 AM »
tournaments for 2006 any dates?????
Seabass Blizard

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: tournaments for 2006 any dates?????
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2005, 12:27 PM »
Stand By...they will be posted in the MA Tourney section as the dates become available.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline fishinfergy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2005, 01:56 PM »
The Pawtucket ice derby (Georgtown ma) for 2006 is sunday January 29.

Fergy
Go B's

Offline tc34

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2005, 02:52 PM »
the bristol county icemasters will be having there annual tournament sat feb 4th at lake nippenicket( the nip )in bridgewater ma you can download a copy of the application at www.bristolcountyicema sters.com

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2005, 04:56 PM »
The Pawtucket ice derby (Georgtown ma) for 2006 is sunday January 29.

Fergy

I fished it last year and will prob. be goin there again this year.

Offline seabass

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Seabass Blizard
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2005, 07:15 AM »
I got an email from Jim Barry at Barry's Bait and Tackle saying the Chauncey Tournament is also on Febuary 4th...he will be mailing out a notice near the end of December.
Seabass Blizard

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2005, 07:21 AM »
I will be clearing the Tourney Board for a fresh start for 2006 as soon as I can.
We can start fresh with a new Tourney Board. I can post electronic copies of tourney flyers so emial them to me if you have them.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline seabass

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Seabass Blizard
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2005, 07:29 AM »
I will be clearing the Tourney Board for a fresh start for 2006 as soon as I can.
We can start fresh with a new Tourney Board. I can post electronic copies of tourney flyers so emial them to me if you have them.

awesome.... me and my friend fished with you and some of the goat boys/girl a few years back at Chauncy it was a frigid day! Nice on the ice!
Seabass Blizard

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:18 PM »
I remember the frigid day but forget your face???   

Please post these Tourney's in the New 2006 Tourney section.
-Frank Zappa

Offline teamtip-up

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Hey TC

How come you guys are moving over to the nip?   We will certainly see you there but we got kinda attached to Winnecunnet because of the quality of the fishing. 

Skippy       

Offline tc34

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2005, 04:11 PM »
skippy, would have liked to have it at winnecunett but there is new ownership at the restaurant and we cant use the parking lot so there isnt enough parking in the street so we decided to try the nip i dont know if you fish it at all but it produces nice bass and pickerel                                                                                             tc

Offline teamtip-up

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2005, 10:39 AM »
I figured your reason for moving the derby was either for a change of scenery or for parking.   You'll certainly have all the parking in the world at the nip.  I bet that  commuter lot across the street holds 50-75 trucks.   That lot, the one at the ramp, and the access out back  will be plenty.

Although the fishing is not as solid at the nip, I bet the winner will be bigger than at Wini..   I am sure your turnout will again be strong.

See you there and have my prize money in small bills please.

Skippy

Offline G.Horne

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2005, 07:53 PM »
I hope the fish have to be alive to weigh-in. The Nip is one of my favorite places to fish 8). I live on Lake Sabbatia and fished the ice derby there two years ago. I used my tourney weigh-in bag to transport the fish to the scale and one weigh master said "wow thats a good idea I never thought of that" Needless to say people were bringing fish over in small coolers with mostly frozen water or walking them to the weigh-in site in the open air on a very cold day. I bet there were quite a few fish that didn't make it. :-\

Offline teamtip-up

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 04, 2005, 08:03 PM »
This group does a great job with the fish.   They have 4 wheelers out patrolling....when someone gets a fish, they hop on the back of the machine and the fish gets a nice cushy ride in a cooler strapped to the back.  I bet most fish spend less than 3 minutes on this side of the ice.

skippy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.