The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Be Prepaired!  (Read 1141 times)

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
Be Prepaired!
« on: Oct 27, 2012, 05:14 AM »
As we all know there is a nasty storm coming in the next few days. I would hate to hear that something happened to one of my friends, or their family members. Make sure that you are prepaired for anything, water, food, batteries, radio, candles, flashlights, canned goods, Know where your local shelters are. Be safe everyone... Bob L.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Be Prepaired!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2012, 08:15 AM »
Generator is getting an oil change today.  Bringing lots of wood into the house just in case.

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2012, 09:13 AM »
do  take this storm seriosly it is really going to be nasty

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2012, 09:53 AM »
YA Isnt it called FRANKENSTORM and is suposed to be worse than the Perfict storm of 1991. Be safe everyone. Hope to here from you all when its all over.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2012, 10:01 AM »
They are saying the storm is headed right for Pennsylvania.  I got stocked up on everything I could even remotely need.  Wish us luck, from what they're saying we are going to need all the luck we can get.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2012, 10:46 AM »
All the gear is ready ! Propane stoves , propane lanterns , candles, flashlights , batteries charged , Coleman shower bag , kites  ;D , emergency crank radio , filled the gas tank in my truck , food that can be cooked on a grill or small burner , FILL BOWLS ETC WITH WATER THEN FREEZE THEM ! MAKE BLOCKS OF ICE TO KEEP FOOD COLD !!!! Big coolers for food in case of power loss ! Laundry all washed and dried , outdoor furniture etc put away ,  I have a feeling this  one will be a biggen !!! Stay safe everyone !!!! See you on the other side !

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack is always toasty, Beer is always cold.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2012, 10:52 AM »
Good luck and stay safe to all my East Coast friends.

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2012, 12:04 PM »
Three gerry jugs of gas for the generator and a big box of Twinkies.  All set  ;)

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline JFeen82

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 27, 2012, 06:30 PM »
I second that... be safe everyone. I remember Irene... Lost power for a week. Hope NStar is better prepared. I just wish this was gonna be snow.

Offline comeonnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2012, 06:47 PM »
I made a batch of "Apple Pie" two weeks ago. That should help me get through the storm :). Be safe everyone!!!

Offline fishercat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #10 on: Oct 27, 2012, 07:44 PM »
Generator is ready to go.  ;D

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Oct 27, 2012, 07:47 PM »
Think i have been watching to many kids movies..

Totally expected to see Pikekings music video to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ6cw_MuTDE
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2012, 12:51 AM »
Best of luck everyone, Stay Safe

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 28, 2012, 03:39 PM »
i will also be prepared down in scituate

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #14 on: Oct 28, 2012, 03:53 PM »
Three gerry jugs of gas for the generator and a big box of Twinkies.  All set  ;)

Same here! My twinkies left over from Y2K should still be good. ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #15 on: Oct 28, 2012, 09:56 PM »
Picked up a little 1500 watt generator for 80.00 bucks  ;D love those second hand stores ! I'm shocked no one bought it ! Runs great ! It will keep me in light and a tv etc. I know its not gonna power everything , but its better than the alternative , (nothing)  ;D

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 29, 2012, 08:33 AM »
Wow, that's a steal!  Won't be able to power everything at once, it may be able to handle your refrigerator (depending on size/vintage), and you can just make it run the fridge for an hour, then power other things.  You don't necessarily need to have the fridge powered up 24/7, just don't browse with the door open!! 

I've got a 5 kW generator that has been taking up space since the week of duty it saw during Irene.  Tight on cash, so I had it on craigslist, and up until the end of last week there were no bites at all....Friday and saturday got about 10 emails!  Sorry, not for sale anymore...until after the storm! 

Offline baitbig

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • bigbait
« Reply #17 on: Oct 29, 2012, 09:31 AM »
 All set with nice new generator (Got save the goldens and bait freezer) ;D got food and water, boats are out the water. I m 25 ft above sea level about  good mile and half away from the ocean. I do have a really nice backyard four acre wooded area that is great for flooding the four small ponds will get mess up but I ll restock them. I was on the water for the perfect storm and seen 50ft waves during that storm. This is not the same type of Storm and the waters are not as warm because of the time of year it is. If it was early in September this would have been as nasty as the 1938 strom. All be safe get ready for a cold front after Storm hopefully it pull the jet stream to give us nice cold air from Canada . ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline JFeen82

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Oct 29, 2012, 08:15 PM »
Hope everyone is ok... No flooding here and I still have power, hopefully it stays that way. Had a branch fall down and block the road by my house so went out with a chain saw cut it up and moved it... now I have a very low hanging power line outside that's almost touching the road. Town came by and put some flags on it but now sign of NStar.

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Oct 29, 2012, 11:04 PM »
Well as of 1200am here in the erks, we have faired ok. Not to many without power and it really wasn't that bad. I hope everyone is safe.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline fishercat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #20 on: Oct 30, 2012, 07:50 PM »
Not many problems in the "valley" a tree down here and there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.