The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Towners Pond Melrose, MA  (Read 3540 times)

Offline xklipze

• IceShanty Rookie
Towners Pond Melrose, MA
« on: Mar 01, 2011, 08:57 PM »
worst 3 hours of my life.
drive by it all the time, perfect weather today, figured i'd try out some new ice fishing gear, the entire pond is 4 feet deep, everywhere (man made i think) over the summer i fished there for 3 hours, didnt get a bite, i saw a guy in a row boat catch (3) 2 pounders, but nothing at all today through the ice
and heard stories of 5 pounders getting caught on spinner bait years back

wanted to go next door to Swain's Pond but didnt want to bother, that place has got exxon written all over it, one day they pulled 15 stolen cars out of that quarrey

so around 2 pm i goto pond x and catch 2 bass and 10 pickeerel in 1 hour, same exact bait medium shiners

Towners Pond = never gonna bother again

Offline Troutlife

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Salmonids rule
Re: Towners Pond Melrose, MA
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2011, 09:30 PM »
Doesn't it work out that way... I tried a lot of new water this year, and it makes fishing home water so much better. The other week I drove an hour to walden, got skunked, then went to a reasonable trout lake near my house and sure enough I land 4 rainbows.  ::) No place like home.

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2011, 12:23 PM »
Dont' know that pond, but listen to the guy above me....don't give up! 

Offline sorelippin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2011, 01:16 PM »
Then again, 4 feet for the entire pond might be the problem.....glad you were able to adjust and go find some fish though ;D

Offline BogMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2011, 03:32 PM »
been skunked a few times this year at local good producing ponds. Sometimes it happens that way.

Offline Capt.Dana

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Haverhill, MA.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2011, 03:57 PM »
Hey, at least you tried! I have tried some places that I was sure would produce decent fish and boy was I wrong. Then one of my friends said to me "why do you think state records aren't coming out of there!" He was right.
I pratice fillet and release!

Offline xklipze

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2011, 06:50 PM »
interesting  response guy above me..

if the fishing was that incredible, i would definitily go back, why did those people ruin the experience ?

anyways towners pond is a waste of time, i will never go back, might as well keep exploring new places on google earth

Offline allstar617

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2011, 07:02 PM »
I grew up down the street from towners. Never ice fished there,but in open water have done real good 6 pound Larry on a dead shiner,and a ton of small bass and pickerel. Give it another shot.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.