The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Fished Lake Mascuppic dracut/tyngsboro derby....  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Togue-hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "TEAM LAKE ASSASSINS" - New England
a bit discouraging......afte r countless moves through-out the week trying to find the sweet spot...our area didnt hit much...perch..a pic..we saw a bass come up...but word on the street a 10 yr old kid took the big fish...bass 4.5lb....and i guess another 3lb came through the same hole....but "smittys" derbys seem to be doing well and always $ prizes and good 50/50 rafflels

long pond
in nh/ma waters in dracut also had a derby...not sure the outcome....wish they would have seperated the days insted of having two derebys 1/2 mile away from 1another...

cold and windy..but its all good....

looking for another derby..
"Put your Shantie Panties on sweetheart, we're going fishing"

Offline jonserfish1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hi, my name is Jeff and I'm a fishahaulic!
Re: Fished Lake Mascuppic dracut/tyngsboro derby....
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2009, 07:39 PM »
I was thinking about going to mascuppic tomorrow. What size bait were you using? Not many reports of tigers coming from there considering how many years they where stocked. Do you fish there often?

Offline crwly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2009, 08:17 PM »
Ben fishing muscuppic for 10 years always slow in the winter but great at night to many boats at day time but their are some big fish in their.

Offline Togue-hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2009, 03:06 PM »
I fish there somewhat often....but i was talking with two guys who 1 lives on the lake..and 1 who lives next to...i saw pictures of what you could pull outta there....if you play youre cards right i guess.....the tigers are somewhat big ...but yeah one of those guys said he saw 4 pulled up in recent years.....one near 50'' long....this one...summer time...with a sh*tty rod and reel by a young teenager....who hadnt a clue what 2 do.....

oh well hope this helps..be sure and take pictures....

stay outta the boat ramp area....a pro told me the area is "sterile"...but thats all on word of mouth....just lettin ya'll know

Offline sully12ring

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2009, 05:21 PM »
     You weren't talkin with the Guy who is out there on the quad all the time that lives on the backside of the lake were you? He is an unreal guy he has hunted all over the world with great success and all with an artificial leg! Inspiring to listen to his tales....we met about a month ago.  His pictures from there are amazing!!!  I had a monster on last time we went a few weeks back and duffed it!  we caught a few decent bass and MONSTER eels on our dead rigs.  That place has giant fish in it.
TEAM MASSADRENALINE      Northeast bowhunting and 3D\\\\\\\'s best!  The only vids dedicated to the northeast hunter!!

Offline Togue-hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2009, 06:23 PM »
yes sir i think its the same guy...hes a tester for cabelas i think.....nice dude....with a sick photo album of hunts.....he said he sold off his buisness and this is the life he has now.....what a good 1 its appears

Offline sully12ring

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2009, 09:19 PM »
Great guy...see those bass pix
TEAM MASSADRENALINE      Northeast bowhunting and 3D\\\\\\\'s best!  The only vids dedicated to the northeast hunter!!

Offline Togue-hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2009, 09:25 PM »
ya he had a picture during the spring summer months from that lake and he haad 5 huge bass..on a rope....awesome size

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.