Author Topic: Blackstrap 2019/20  (Read 67263 times)

Offline jpicks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Blackstrap 2019/20
« Reply #420 on: Mar 29, 2020, 03:32 PM »
Had a look at the webcam this morning, I've never seen this many people on the south end.

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #421 on: Mar 29, 2020, 05:28 PM »
How’s the boat launch on the south side.
Get outside.  It does a body and mind good!

Offline Pollock fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #422 on: Mar 30, 2020, 08:08 AM »
Not sure about the south launch...  north shore is getting a decent amount of water and mud leading up is really rutty too.

But mySelf and tons of other truck drove on yesterday still. Had my youngest child with me, she’s 5.

I fished the north end, from 8am sharp till noon.... I tried 5 different spots with no luck and it wasn’t till i was way down the lake and on my last spot that the madness started. I’d say 10:30 till noon was none stop.

Kiddo caught about 8 perch - 6 being nice nice jumbos, i was kinda jealous. She was so pumped to drop the hook and feel the bites, they were super aggressive.  She did it all on her own. I managed a few nice videos of her in the works...  I did managed a 5lb jack and I’d say 40-50 perch, although she beat me size wise for sure. Lol. We kept 10 perch for a family fish fry and tossed everything else back.

I would say my best day on the lake all winter.

Also Saturday I caught a nice 4 lb walleye at zelma with my oldest girl, but that was the only fish outta the lil revisor.

All and all a good weekend finishing up my season.

Take care till next winter all, and stay safe.

Offline speckspotter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #423 on: Mar 30, 2020, 11:04 PM »
This is my last fish of the season with my 2019 - 20 favourite lure in hs yap. The pink Acme Flyer was popular with walleye, perch and pike. This guy engulfed the thing at Zelma. When I set him down on the ice to get my extraction tools, he snapped the line and flipped across the watery ice down the hole. Ungrateful creature! I had every intention of letting him go without a faceful of metal and plastic.

Speaking of being grateful, I want to give a huge thank you to DH and Churchill River for taking pity on this one legged fisherman this season. I never dreamed I would be able to get out as much as I did. These gentlemen only had to ask "where do you want your holes?" and I was fishing. Great guys.

Take care everyone, and see you at freeze up.

gman51

« Reply #424 on: Mar 31, 2020, 10:04 AM »
my last trip was yesterday at the strap for the hard water season. fished from 10 am til 8 marks coming in like crazy but the bites were lite when they did bite. lots of lookers. finished the day/night off with 5 nice perch, 14" walleye and a 3 lb pike... had myself a pretty decent 19/20 season. everyone stay safe... stay healthy see you in November.

Offline Churchill River

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #425 on: Apr 01, 2020, 10:33 AM »
As Rip just posted Monday was a slower day, very light pecking going on.  My friend had is camera set up and they would just push the bait with their nose, weren't opening their mouth at all.  Was on the South end and tried 4 different spots, the same in all 4 areas.  Did manage to get into double figures, but not one keeper.

So for the last day I decided to the North end which overall was better then the South end for us this year.  Was going to try another 3 or 4 spots, but the first area at 8:15 was on fire.  Pretty much non stop action until noon.  They were very aggressive, and over 1/2 of them were jumbos.  Ended up staying in the same area all day, but it did slow down in the afternoon to 10 a hour.

Was a pleasure meeting some new members on the ice and fishing with Speck and others this winter. 

Have a great summer everyone and stay safe.

Offline Twistedhook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #426 on: Apr 02, 2020, 12:31 PM »
Just wanted to thank RIP. Its always fun meeting up with him on the ice. And he's a great singer as well. See you next season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.