Author Topic: location location location!!!!!!!!!???????????  (Read 1786 times)

Offline LUNKERONZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIG ON!!!
location location location!!!!!!!!!???????????
« on: Feb 08, 2006, 11:25 AM »
heres a question for the experienced and knowledgeable folks.........if you were to drill holes in a pattern the shape of your hand with the palm of your hand being a point on shore and your fingers stretching out to the middle of a north/south running lake, tips of your fingers(holes) facing east......would you assume the fish to be on the north side of the drop off or the south side?? i think north because the shade would be more ample....anyone have a sniff?? thanks!
Jig on!

Offline rumblefish_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: location location location!!!!!!!!!???????????
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2006, 11:35 AM »
My guess would to be drill holes going north and south so you can cover both drops and the top of the point.They can be anywhere and will ofter follow the forage fish around so pending light and baro pressure can push em anywhere.If I find fish after that then punch more holes east west to cover the hot side.

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2006, 12:05 PM »
Completely agree rumble.  Sometimes the sun will attract the forage by increasing plankton and such activity.  Sometimes they want the shade, everyday is different, need to try both sides for sure, and then work east west to find higher concentrations of fish.
Withdraw to the Wilderness
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I love to be out doors!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:00 PM »
 ??? say, , , what? ? ?  ???
We live to fish!

Offline fish nut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2006, 08:14 PM »
what are u smoking besides white fish?????

Offline bulyearustler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2006, 11:29 PM »
i think the fish would be more influenced by current,baitfish and structure.  Shade this
time of year at 30 feet?  It is black down there and with the snow blanket even blacker.
I wouldn't mind smoking a whitefish if I could find papers big enough.

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I love to be out doors!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2006, 02:51 AM »
I smoke Salmon & moose jerky, , , , no papers! :D
We live to fish!

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2006, 03:08 AM »
Try using a camera- I do it lots, go on a north slope see great-  go on a south slope- not so great- true- lots of snow cover does make shade- but this year that water is smokin bright, never been able to see so far down on pasqua ever before- 45 feet.  Tell me then if that sounds like its completely dark down there to you.
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2006, 03:25 AM »
And true, current,baitfish, and structure are key, but has anyone thought about when baitfish are suspended in the light, and predetorial fish can lay in shadows beneath?  No need for schools of  eyes to push up shiners, they wait for wounded, slow or stupid minnows to just come down just a little lower.  Just cause there's ice on the water doesn't mean throw away open water tactics.
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline bulyearustler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2006, 10:15 AM »
i did not mean to dismiss the idea that light and shadows play an important part in fish
location i was just saying that other factors can influence the bite as well.  Perhaps I
did not say things the way I wanted but I am willing to take any and all advice if it
means there are more fish in the pail.  Sorry for any misunderstanding fellas.

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #10 on: Feb 09, 2006, 10:54 AM »
You took up a very important point, in fact, what you said is what I look for first,  I respect the rebuttle.  It was 3 am and I can tend to get testy,  and no I don't know it all, far from it, I love getting advice and thoughts back,but what bugs me is guys that are quick to judge- offering no advice themselves or rebuttles- just that your on crack.  Its those same people I see on the lake- catching a few, and I am purposly hiding the fish I am catching or caught.   it amazes me to see how many people just instantly fish taking the exreme basics with them, and not experimenting things like shade?  This use to be one of my best secrets, and most probably won't believe me anyways, so I am sure it still will be.  Sorry if I offended anyone, but come on guys, we are team sask, we should be the best of them all-  everyone lay the smack down this weekend.
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline LUNKERONZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIG ON!!!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 09, 2006, 11:35 PM »
right on guys thanks for the input and fish on!!
Jig on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.