Author Topic: My Smoked 2704 Fuel and Fed Ex  (Read 1345 times)

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My Smoked 2704 Fuel and Fed Ex
« on: Feb 17, 2020, 08:09 AM »
This is a follow up to my post last week about my drill burning out after drilling only a few holes.  Talked to Milwaukee last Monday, they were extremely helpful, courteous, and friendly. The drill was still under warranty if it was a mechanical problem and not physical abuse, which it was and they emailed a Fed Ex ground label. I put the package the drop box Tuesday morning in central Minnesota, it arrived in Massachusetts Thursday, was repaired (I hope) and back on Fed Ex that same afternoon! Today is Monday and its on the local truck to be delivered to me at home TODAY. Not sure if the drill works yet but I’m very impressed with the timeline. WOW, thank you Fed Ex & Milwaukee.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: My Smoked 2704 Fuel and Fed Ex
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2020, 08:21 AM »
Nice outcome.  Hope you still have a chance to use it this year. 

Would be curious what they found to be the issue.
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2020, 08:58 AM »
That's seems pretty quick ..hope it all works out for you.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2020, 11:27 AM »
Hate to see it show up with a note saying something along the lines of "We determined the failure was due to abuse, which voids warranty, here is you drill back as it was sent to us"....

If they did fix it, I'd send them a big "Thank You" for their customer service!!!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2020, 03:59 PM »
It came today. Motor Field & Electronic Assy. (Intermittent_not steady) $133, Gear Box (Worn) $81.94, Motor Rotor Assembly (worn) $16.34, Chuck (worn) $35.40, shop supplies $7.75.  All at no charge ;D. Can't beat that, but I am surprised they just didn't replace it with what labor costs these days.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2020, 04:10 PM »
it got that much wear in two years and you only made 5 holes this season?

you can buy a newer improved version for half of that cost. what are they thinking...

glad your back in business.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2020, 04:34 PM »
That 2 1/2 years was my mistake, when I found the receipt it turned out to be 4 1/2 years old. Time flies. When I think back I do use it for lots more than most homeowners would.  It’s had some pretty tough days on galvanized steel and concrete.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2020, 04:43 PM »
makes sense.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2020, 10:10 PM »
It came today. Motor Field & Electronic Assy. (Intermittent_not steady) $133, Gear Box (Worn) $81.94, Motor Rotor Assembly (worn) $16.34, Chuck (worn) $35.40, shop supplies $7.75.  All at no charge ;D. Can't beat that, but I am surprised they just didn't replace it with what labor costs these days.

Holy cow I'm surprised they put that much into it and didn't just replace it with a new one. New 2804 are 149.99 at home depot LOL
EYECONICFISHING

Offline struckus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2020, 10:51 PM »
warranty is only as good as the company backing it..i've heard MW is awesome..great you got it so fast..

Nickdalin

« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2020, 12:06 AM »
This is a follow up to my post last week about my drill burning out after drilling only a few holes.  Talked to Milwaukee last Monday, they were extremely helpful, courteous, and friendly. The drill was still under warranty if it was a mechanical problem and not physical abuse, which it was and they emailed a Fed Ex ground label. I put the package the drop box Tuesday morning in central Minnesota, it arrived in Massachusetts Thursday, was repaired (I hope) and back on Fed Ex that same afternoon! Today is Monday and its on the local truck to be delivered to me at home TODAY. Not sure if the drill works yet but I’m very impressed with the timeline. WOW, thank you Fed Ex & Milwaukee.

Not a good day

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2020, 06:03 AM »

Well that is awesome ..I am sure Milwaukee is quoting you retail pricing and they staff at the ready for such instances for repair warrantee .. I have a refurbished 2704 on my drill/auger set up all good still two seasons  ...but having your post in mind I recall an electrical smell on my last outing … I will be mindful.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2020, 08:18 AM »
Yup, retail crazy high prices. Mine was a slight smell followed by real smoke in about 2 seconds, big time smoke in 4. It actually got pretty warm too. Unbelievably fast/great service from both companies.

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2020, 08:52 AM »
That 2 1/2 years was my mistake, when I found the receipt it turned out to be 4 1/2 years old. Time flies. When I think back I do use it for lots more than most homeowners would.  It’s had some pretty tough days on galvanized steel and concrete.

Your first post was:  "5 total holes and it smoked my 2704. It's about 2 1/2 years old and only seen household duty. PIZZED!"

You fooled us all with your 5 holes drilled.  You made it sound like you burned up a fairly new drill.  Good thing Milwaukee is great with their warranties.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2020, 02:20 PM »
I'm not a contractor that uses it all day every day so if it's 4 1/2 or 2 1/2 it's not been abused for $300 drill. It's had way less use than it was designed for. Sorry if I confused you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.