Author Topic: Bantam Lake Litchfield Town Beach access:What you need to know.  (Read 2473 times)

Offline BDailey

• Team IceShanty Regular
I took a ride up to Bantam this afternoon to get my Litchfield Town Beach access pass and a few things have changed since last year.
1.  The town clerks office no longer issues passes, you have to go to the Parks &Recreation department over on Doyle Road off Rt202 in Bantam to get your pass.
2. Process to get a pass. The old process was you filled out a form with your name, address and license plate number of the vehicle the pass was issued to. That is no longer the case, they now issue a mirror hanger style pass rather than a 6”x9” paper one. It is issued to an address and name but not a specific vehicle which is great especially if your buddy wants to drive or you need to switch vehicles with the wife.
3. The passes are not free anymore, 30$. Yup, gotta pay to play.

I took a ride to the ramp after I got my pass just to look around. The town has put up signs with a notice for pass holders and a warning for vehicles who don’t have a pass. So you may get towed if you don’t have a pass. Again not sure who will be monitoring if anyone at all.

Also, Colleen who works in the Parks & Rec department is very kind and helpful. She is issuing the passes currently.

Hope this info helps anyone looking to get a pass for the “ice season” or lack there of.

Info For Town of Litchfield Parks & rec in pic.

Brian.

“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
“A spudbar is your best friend.”

Offline jebra

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Bantam Lake Litchfield Beach access:What you need to know.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2022, 11:27 AM »
Nice report …. Thanks!

Do you also happen to know the status of the Morris boat launch access??  :tipup:

Offline BDailey

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bantam Lake Litchfield Beach access:What you need to know.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2022, 12:55 PM »
Hey Jebra,  I just talked to Christine over at the town hall in Morris. The good news: Currently the town of Morris IS allowing access to whom ever would like to use the Morris town beach area. FOR WINTER ACCESS ONLY The bad news: She did inform me that the gate is currently closed but maybe open for access on a day to day basis. More bad news: They’ve had issues with vandalism recently on town buildings there. Graffiti, litter and people doing burnouts creating ruts in the parking lot which ultimately is costing the town tax payers money to maintain and clean up the mess.  Again, it’s open for access thankfully but I got the vibe that the town isn’t to motivated to make sure the gate is open for us because of what has happened. They do not have any intention of monitoring the lot nor do they plan on making a pass requirement like Litchfield. Hopefully they catch the punks that are ruining a great resource. I’d hate to lose that as an access point.

Offline jebra

• Team IceShanty Addict
Thaks BD.
I remember talking with her a few years back. Nice lady. Yeah it’s too bad that a few stooges can ruin things for many. Seen it happen way too many times.  :tipup:

Offline Bassassin420

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey man just curious is that a parking pass just for the town beach or do you need a parking pass to park anywhere around bantam lake

Offline BDailey

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hi Bassassin, the parking pass on north cove at the Litchfield town beach specifically.

Offline roofman

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey guys!
the parking at the end of North Shore Rd is public as far as i know, or do i need to get a pass to park there if i want to fish off Folly Point?

Offline Schug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing
Anyone got info on South Bay ice?

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Anyone got info on South Bay ice?

Looked like a derby this weekend when I drove past. 

Offline BDailey

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey guys!
the parking at the end of North Shore Rd is public as far as i know, or do i need to get a pass to park there if i want to fish off Folly Point?
Roofman, I haven’t fished Point Folly in quite some years. I do know in the past I’ve parked near the entrance of the whites memorial campground when the road was cleared of snow from a turn off area and accessed the lake that way.

Offline roofman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bantam Lake Litchfield Town Beach access:What you need to know.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2022, 05:44 PM »
Thank You for your response.I will be there Saturday am and hopefully it will be without any issues.Good luck and stay safe!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.