The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Crotched Lake in Holly, MI  (Read 4437 times)

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
Crotched Lake in Holly, MI
« on: Oct 31, 2009, 03:54 PM »
Hi everyone!

New member here.  I live in Holly and am wondering if anyone has ever fished Crotched Lake.  It's not a very big lake....kinda long and skinny (no...I'm not trying to make a joke...heh heh).

I pass by this little lake almost every day and thought I might try it out once we get some ice.  Just thought I would ask.

Also.....any lakes in the Holly / Oakland County area you would recommend?  It's just my 10 yr. old son and I....we had a blast last year but didn't catch a whole lot.

Thanks!

Offline BONECRUSHER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LOVE TO GET IT WET
Re: Crotched Lake in Holly, MI
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2009, 07:43 PM »
Welcome to the shanty n4cer, If your looking for a lake to take your son to catch gill after gill I would recommend white lake. Great place to let the kids catch those little buggers ;D

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2009, 10:06 AM »
Thanks for the advice!  Would llike to catch some keepers and fry them up.  Does White vLlake have any good size pan fish?

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2009, 10:12 AM »
Sorry for the poor typing....Im sending this from my phone.

Offline thorzep

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • when i last saw you i was just a learner, but now i am the master
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2009, 03:34 PM »
hey.  im from holly too crotched takes a long time to freeze up good cause its so deep. but there are good specks and pike in there, havent tried much for perch but may this year.
                                                                                                    Thors icefishing stats:  nothing   yet!!!

Offline BONECRUSHER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LOVE TO GET IT WET
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2009, 06:19 PM »
Thanks for the advice!  Would llike to catch some keepers and fry them up.  Does White vLlake have any good size pan fish?
It does, but it's such a big lake and limited public access :(

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2009, 08:07 PM »
Ref White Lake........you can park with a trailer on the big white lake inn lot and just drive your atv and pull your gear across the road and onto the ice.  There are always a ton of people parking there with their snowmobile trailers.

Offline outdoor junkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's walleye time!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2009, 10:39 AM »
Crotched lake probably is not the best lake to take little ones.  Hard to fish, but can get some big ones out there.  Seems to be alot of down time on that lake though.  Have pulled some nice gills out of there over the years, but few and far between.  I go there for pike, it has given up a few 40+" pike to my tip ups over the past few winters.  You can go to Heron lake to catch a mess of gills and specks for the little ones.  Can usually manage a meal or two out there.

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2009, 02:41 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I dont mind a day on the lake waiting for a big one....but will def. check out lake heron for some panfish fun for my little guy and me.  I think my boy will get a kick out of having a family dinner with the fish we cqatch together!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.