Author Topic: A float that can only hold 1 spike up only but not one waxie too heavy  (Read 356 times)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline krispcritter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I've cut the old foam ones that use a toothpick to lock in place down so they are neutral buoyancy for jig and bait. They are black with a yellow end. Think they were a HT product.
To make a small fortune in business start with a Large one.,

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
The trimmable foam ones like Northlands or Ice Busters work well for setting buoyancy right where you want it.

The smallest sized foam Carlisle floats are pretty good if you don't want to mess with trimming but they freeze up really easily.

Thill makes some really small balsa ones as well, but they're kinda pricey and fragile.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  These are way smaller than the 2 inch Thill MSB2-2 Mini Shy Bite look the same though there is not even enough room for the Thill name on it. I put the smallest gill pill under it and the results are unbelievable. I tried a second maggot sunk tried 1 waxie sunk I'm stoked about this set-up and wouldn't you know another heat wave for about 9 days the weather this year is terrible. I will have time for trials though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.