Author Topic: Pittsfield Lake  (Read 1242 times)

Offline spcsports

• IceShanty Rookie
Pittsfield Lake
« on: Mar 03, 2015, 10:55 AM »
Any info on Pittsfield Lake? I would like to try Walleye fishing there. Anybody tried it or have any info on the lake? Thanks.
Shawn

Offline redneck7519

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Pittsfield Lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2015, 11:08 AM »
Don't no about the walleye there but I do know the crappie fishing there is good

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2015, 04:54 PM »
Shawn,

I don't have any recent intel on ice conditions or fishing prospects, but I did fish that lake several years ago with the intent and hopes of catching a Walleye. We worked hard, drilling lots of holes at various depths and the best we did was to find a school of Bluegills at the 15' depth, but they were all 6"ish fish. It is on my radar for a Spring/Summer trip though since it is one of the best lakes, according to the IDNR, for numbers of Walleye. That is intriguing indeed. This might be the last weekend to get on the hard water so I hope you put your efforts on the "right" lake.

tight lines,

Jeff

Offline redneck7519

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2015, 05:03 PM »
I can tell you the ice on a 3 acre farm pound 20 miles north of there was 8 to 9" this last Saturday first 3" was white ice rest was good solid ice

Offline spcsports

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2015, 07:42 PM »
Thanks for info. I was thinking trying south end by dam in deaper parts. Love to find a couple walleye without driving north 3 hours.

Yea ice at Prairie Lake saturday was same. 5-7 inches of good ice but water and snow on top. There were even holes open to water I could fish without drilling. Very weird. 
Shawn

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2015, 02:23 PM »
Thanks for info. I was thinking trying south end by dam in deaper parts. Love to find a couple walleye without driving north 3 hours.

Yea ice at Prairie Lake saturday was same. 5-7 inches of good ice but water and snow on top. There were even holes open to water I could fish without drilling. Very weird.

Yes, we observed similar phenomenon where small holes were present along some cracks in the ice and water was passing through them. The holes were no larger than a silver dollar, but it got our attention. No honeycombing yet, but there was the first hint of rotting to be aware of. Maybe one last trip this weekend (I hope all the snow is gone now) and then hang the gear up until next year.

tight lines,

Jeff

Offline spcsports

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2015, 11:40 AM »
If anybody has been to Pittsfield lately I sure could use an ice report. I want to try it Sunday. Thanks
Shawn

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.