Author Topic: crappie rod  (Read 17497 times)

Offline cccc

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: crappie rod
« Reply #30 on: Dec 16, 2013, 12:31 AM »
There seems to be a ton of buzz about the tuned up custom rods. I would assume that those have very high QC, components, and actions on each rod but they are a little rich for my blood.

I have come to a conclusion that these "Meatstick, Power Noodle, Precision Noodle" rods have their actions done just right so that you don't need to use a spring bobber. 13's UL rods are pretty similar in terms of having that similar action too.
As well as these fancy 30+ dollar rods, I've found that the now out of fashion fibreglass rods with extra soft actions work 99% just as well. These ones go for significantly cheaper, so pick a budget and go get yourself one of these rods!

Offline BRIFISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2014, 06:50 PM »
Genz ice spooler combo 23"L

Offline Lord_of_the_Perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 19, 2014, 03:04 PM »
I have a 24" and a 28" MeatStick. I use the 28" most of the time. I switch to the 24" on real windy days so I can keep it closer to my body out of the wind.

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #33 on: Feb 18, 2014, 04:30 PM »
I've been using my Fenwick elite tech ml. No complaints at all. Was thinking about checking out a tuned up custom.

Offline Glowjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 21, 2014, 11:08 PM »
I was having some trouble with my line tangling on my spring bobber and snapping so I started researching different rods. I happened upon this thread and saw a few people mention the ice blue rods. I ordered an HT ice blue pro 26 inch UL. I have only fished with around 5 or 6 different ice rods but I have to say that this is by far my favorite. I can detect the lightest of bites and it has great backbone and sets the hook really well. I have been using it for over a month and it has been very durable. The only negative thing I could say about it is that it has very small guides. If it is cold and windy they freeze up in a hurry. If it is really cold outside I fish inside my groundblind with the buddy heater anyways so it doesn't bother me. I really can't say enough about this rod and for 9 bucks it can't be beat.

Offline Muskyrush

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Sep 12, 2015, 09:00 PM »
32" perch sweet heart hands down the best at my presentation for crappie, also I feel totally confident fight 14-15" slabs.

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Sep 18, 2015, 03:50 PM »
what is your go to presentation for crappie with that perch sweetheart?

Offline Muskyrush

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Sep 21, 2015, 10:13 AM »
what is your go to presentation for crappie with that perch sweetheart?

Size 2,3,5 jigging rapalas.

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Sep 21, 2015, 04:11 PM »
interesting. I need to give the jigging raps another chance. Seems like I've used them a few times with no luck so kind of gave up on them. A LOT of guys say they are their go to lure so I will keep trying.

Offline Muskyrush

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Sep 21, 2015, 09:26 PM »
interesting. I need to give the jigging raps another chance. Seems like I've used them a few times with no luck so kind of gave up on them. A LOT of guys say they are their go to lure so I will keep trying.

They are an art you will not master in a day, the trick is to keep them moving and constantly bounce them crappie will engulf the entire rap. When I'm on big fish I'm no afraid to throw 5#s down on a walleye rod also no bait.

Offline smelloftrout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 22, 2016, 06:10 PM »
So I ordered a couple 13 fishing white outs in ul in preparation of my next trip to the lower 48 crappie fishing. Anybody using this rod for these fish? What's your opinion/thoughts?  Should I look into spring bobbers?

Offline Mncrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 29, 2016, 10:20 AM »
Frabill panfish popper. comes equiped with a spring bobber but you could fish it without it
Just a teen who loves the outdoors

Offline Mncrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 29, 2016, 10:40 AM »
Frabill panfish popper. comes equiped with a spring bobber but you could fish it without it
Just a teen who loves the outdoors

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
« Reply #43 on: Jan 30, 2016, 04:51 PM »
So I ordered a couple 13 fishing white outs in ul in preparation of my next trip to the lower 48 crappie fishing. Anybody using this rod for these fish? What's your opinion/thoughts?  Should I look into spring bobbers?

I bet you're going to love those rods.  The tip is sensitive enough to not require a spring bobber.  I broke the last two inches of mine, but it still works very well now that it's been "customized."  :-( 
I'll buy another one.       

Tight lines,
Bob   

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 04, 2017, 05:43 PM »
Ryno's Custom MHX Power Noodle has been a game changer (I know, I hate that term too). So sensitive!

Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.