Author Topic: strikemaster lazer hand auger  (Read 2271 times)

Offline DRFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
strikemaster lazer hand auger
« on: Feb 13, 2011, 05:04 PM »
got a 5 inch lazer auger off ebay went to use it blades were dull call strikemaster they send me new blades they were dull also whats up with these blades. very disapointed with strikemaster.

Offline mschma000

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: strikemaster lazer hand auger
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2011, 05:08 PM »
You are the one who ordered an auger from eBay.

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2011, 05:08 PM »
Blades themselves dull, or not cutting? Maybe the auger is damaged, and the blade angle is wrong?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2011, 05:46 PM »
did you put them on the same way the old ones were?  Maybe they were/are upside down?

Do the new blades say Made in China or Sweden on the bottom ?

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2011, 05:50 PM »
sounds like you got some chinese blades

Offline littlehead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2011, 06:30 PM »
Definitely China blades i just tried mine today with my new drill cut 8 holes great then quit cutting blades were chipped and dull took them off stamped China will be calling stikemaster. :%$#!: 
@

Offline perch on ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2011, 06:33 PM »
I had a jiffy jet and it cut awesome.  Loaned it to a guy for a day and it never cut again.  2 sets of new blades.  Still wouldn't cut.  Now its just a gardening tool.  Now I have an 8" gas lazer mag and a 5" lazer hand auger.  Lesson learned.  No more loaning if I'm not there.  To me going ice fishing with no auger is as bad as going without a pole.

Offline Beets

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If you don't like the way I fish,stay away from me
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2011, 06:33 PM »
got a 5 inch lazer auger off ebay went to use it blades were dull call strikemaster they send me new blades they were dull also whats up with these blades. very disapointed with strikemaster.
X2
....<°)))))>{
<°)))))>{
        <°)))))>{

Offline bufficeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • leave no trace
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2011, 06:38 PM »
With all the free blades strikemaster has been handing out recently to make up for the junk Chinese ones that come on it...you would think they would stop dealing with them all together. On the upside, their customer service couldnt really be better, IMO

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2011, 07:02 PM »
Sounds more to me like the original owner may have slammed the blades into the ice or had the auger take on some sort of damage along those lines. If both blades don't engage the ice at the same angle it my never cut well. I have seen it before and the auger we had was - still is worthless.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Buckhauser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2011, 07:23 PM »
Whats the point of buying a 5 inch auger anyway?  I never understood this.  What does one do catch their bait through that hole?

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2011, 07:29 PM »
Whats the point of buying a 5 inch auger anyway?  I never understood this.  What does one do catch their bait through that hole?

Seriously?  Get around 30" of ice and you will figure it out really, really quick!  Much easier, much fast than an 8" auger.

Jim

Offline Buckhauser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2011, 07:35 PM »
Seriously?  Get around 30" of ice and you will figure it out really, really quick!  Much easier, much fast than an 8" auger.

Jim
    most of the walleyes i catch wont come close to fitting through that hole jimmy, what do you fish for 8 inch perch?

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 13, 2011, 07:45 PM »

Seems as though you would go back to the slime that sold it to you on ebay. You got what you paid for.
If I was Strikemaster I'd tell you to go back to the dealer you bought it from.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #14 on: Feb 13, 2011, 07:48 PM »
I do most of my panfishing through a 5 inch hole cut with a strikemaster hand auger. 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline DRFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 13, 2011, 08:11 PM »
the blades that I just got are mora. mabey its the auger Iwill just send it back. thanks for everyones imput.

Offline Rubicon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 13, 2011, 08:19 PM »

Hey DRFISH not saying for sure but the same thing happened to a friend of mine because every time he was just about through the ice he would slam it up and down to clear the rest of the ice and what he did was change the angle of the blades and even thou he put new blades on it did not matter always cut like S**t. Maybe that's why they sold it on ebay, sorry to hear you might have got scammed! >:(
"TEACH A KID TO FISH", "IT WILL BRING BACK MEMORIES"

Offline DRFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 13, 2011, 08:27 PM »
I bought the thing brand new in the box it had no marks on or any show of use but you never know I guess. feed back for this guy was 99%.

Offline walleyeboater

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 13, 2011, 09:59 PM »
Buy a Nils.

Offline littlehead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 14, 2011, 09:02 AM »
i just talked to strikemaster they will be sending me the swedish blades for free but i will be buying a nils for next season havent tried one yet but from all the info from all you guys on this site and from internet how can i go wrong thanks one and all your info is helpful. ;D

Offline woodroce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 14, 2011, 10:52 AM »

Huh.

I had one of them blue augers, can't remember the name of it, for several seasons.  It worked great at first, but after a few seasons it started not working too good.  Then, three years ago, I bought my Strikemaster Laser 6" and have been nothing but happy with it.  It's waaaayyyy better than my old auger.  Way better.  I am really careful with it and never let anyone use it, EVER.  Only me!!!  I always put the guard back on it after I am sure that I am drilling no more holes and before I get off the ice and I only take the guard off just before I drill my first hole.  I love my Strikemaster Laser auger.  If I ever get blades for it, I will make darn sure they are not Chinese!

"Women fear me & fish love me...  er, I mean..."

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 14, 2011, 06:07 PM »
I have a strikemaster laser 8" and am happy with it.  I recently bought a new set of blades and was forwarned about the chinese ones so made sure my new set was made in Sweden.  They work fine.  It is really important to make sure that whoever is sharpening your blades knows what they are doing and does them correctly.  The first time I took mine to a local sharpening place that advertised that they sharpened auger blades.  When I got them back and looked at them (back home) I could tell they were butchered.  I took them out to a local park pond just to see what would happen and the auger spun like a top.  You'd hardly know the blades were on there.  I then sent them off to a place recommended on this board and they did a great job & blades cut fine.  There is one place a ways away from here that will immediately swap out a set of sharp blades for a set of dull ones.  Trouble is, you don't get your original set back, meaning you could get a set of chinese blades back for a set of Sweden blades turned in.  I don't have much experience with different kinds of augers or blades, but am happy with my strikemaster. 

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Feb 25, 2011, 08:54 AM »
Disappointed with Strikemaster??   Why?  Because you bought an Auger on line from some chump to save $3.  Strikemaster has been honoring their reputation by replacing all the China blades with Swedish blades for free...NO QUESTIONS ASKED.  They have done good to the people>>> NO need to be upset with them!!!  Yea, they sent everyone in the world good blades and saved the dull ones for you.  How much did you have to pay for the ones they sent you???  The answer is $0.  Did you thank them or just bash them here.
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline esox1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 25, 2011, 09:02 AM »
ive had a 8" lazer for about 6 or 7 yrs., still cuts awesome with original blades and its cut alot of holes! :tipup: 

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #24 on: Feb 25, 2011, 09:11 AM »

Offline littlehead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 25, 2011, 09:54 AM »
got mine just dont think i will get to use it now that the rains are coming hoping to use it at least once sunday not looking good

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.