The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Vt Regulations  (Read 842 times)

Offline FENNDANGO

• IceShanty Rookie
Vt Regulations
« on: Jan 23, 2022, 03:52 PM »
Hi

Had a few questions:

1) Can I use lights to target smelt at night?

2) Can I fish at night? I read NH has specific ice fishing times? Is it different for certain species?

3) Can I fish Raponda, Weatherhead Hollow (Guilford), Sweet Pond (Guilford) through the ice?

4) 8 tip-ups/lines in the water most places? Harriman?

I have a B.S. in Aquatic Biology and this state is confusing. Seems hard to find info specific to what I'm searching for.

Thanks

Offline FENNDANGO

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Vt Regulations
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2022, 04:02 PM »

Offline FENNDANGO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2022, 04:09 PM »
Question 5) Can I use bread or something else to draw the smelt in?

Offline Fish Farmer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2022, 04:27 PM »
yes you can use lights at night for smelt.

yes you can fish at night in Vermont.

8 tip ups/lines for inland waters unless the water is listed in the index of lakes and ponds section. Lake Champlain is 15 lines. Looks for the list of waterbodies that have certain regulations, if is says 2 fish then you can keep 2 fish. If that is the only specific regulation for that water body, then follow the general rules on table 1.

Harriman Res is not listed in the index of lake and ponds so go to Table 1, where it says you can ice fish for certain species with number and size. The general definition of ice fishing is back on page 20, along with all the general rules regarding what you can and cannot do.

The regulations were actually simplified this year, only three tables and less wordy definitions. Even seasons were extended where rules in place didn't quite make sense biologically.

Feel free to ask anymore questions. I've seen various rulebooks come and go for the last 25 years and pick through them every year.

Yes you can chum, there is no list of it being prohibited.

Offline FENNDANGO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2022, 04:31 PM »
Well, that settles that.

Thank you!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.