Author Topic: Broderick  (Read 2935 times)

Offline mxbulldog

• IceShanty Rookie
Broderick
« on: Dec 09, 2014, 07:49 AM »
Anyone driving on yet?  Any word on ice thickness?  I had knee surgery so haven't been able to do any walking on but am probably ready to try fishing once a guy can drive.  I would definitely be checking thickness for myself but want to know if anyone has been making the trek out onto the ice yet before I make the drive down there!

Thanks

Offline rico567

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Broderick
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2014, 08:13 AM »
i just read on a different site and there are people driving on it i am going out there this weekend so will know more by Saturday or sunday

Offline rico567

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2014, 08:45 AM »
but i would check first befor driving on it

Offline golf560

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2014, 11:29 PM »

We drove truck on last Thursday, ice was 14-15" where FOW is about 10'

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2014, 12:05 PM »
hows the fishing been out there?

Offline ggpr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2014, 01:05 AM »
Any recent updates on ice thickness?  I know my buddy drove on two weekends ago.  Fishing was average and they only caught pike.  I know there are no (or very very few) walleye in broderick but i had heard there was perch.  I dont think they are overly common though either.  Has anyone been catching perch?  Any tips on depths to try and target them?

Offline mxbulldog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2014, 09:19 AM »
I'd be interested in perch tips as well.  I have fished Broderick 4 or 5 times every winter and always catch some pike but have never gotten into any perch.

Offline slipbobber61

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2014, 12:13 PM »
Dropped the camera down one day last year and have never seen so many small perch. They were thick.  No bigger ones on camera or caught.  And no eyes.  Lots of pike caught which was surprising considering all the perch.

Offline haughian306

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2014, 07:24 PM »
I'll be going tomorrow morning so I'll give an update on the ice.  Lots of pike and perch in Broderick.   I see more perch towards the north east side.  Hope that helps

Offline haughian306

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2014, 08:56 PM »
Was out all day.  Ice is good, 15 inches every where and I drilled a lot of holes.  Caught 8 pike, 5 were 5-6 lb range.

Offline dbdusty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2014, 11:12 PM »
Went out for the afternoon and had lots of small perch and a few little jack.  Fun day but nothing big...  Really busy out there.

Offline Martensville Monster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caug
« Reply #11 on: Dec 27, 2014, 01:55 PM »
Nice day so far. Easy to drive on the ice with next to no snow, on the north side with the kids in 9-10' water. Not hits yet, but water is crystal clear looking down the hole. Any one else out today?

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 11, 2015, 10:52 AM »
Anyone been out here lately?  Can one drive on the ice?  Need a 4 x 4?  Hoping to take my kids out.  Thanks. 
Get outside.  It does a body and mind good!

Offline CaptainM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 11, 2015, 11:27 AM »
You will be good to go either at dam or Broderick.

Offline mxbulldog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 25, 2015, 08:51 AM »
How is the access after the latest dumps of snow and wind?  Thinking of heading out in the next couple of days.

Thanks

Offline fnsdeuce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Mar 13, 2015, 10:27 PM »
Anyone have recent info on this lake.  Snow/water on ice? drivable. How's the bite ....thanks

Offline CaptainM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 14, 2015, 01:36 AM »
Friends were out today fished and pulling off shack, looked good haven't talked to him but it will be fine, might be a bit slushy by boat launch but that's it. Enjoy the weather, fishing will be good.

Offline flynfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Mar 16, 2015, 12:16 PM »
Hoping to get out there next Friday, just wondering if there is any fish/ice reports.

Thanks

Offline fnsdeuce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Mar 16, 2015, 04:32 PM »
Bout 3 feet of ice. .Top starting to rot a bit. Lots of slush in areas. .Boat launch was sketchy with water at end of the day but not to rough. Fishing was slow. Iced 4 missed 4 all day. .I Don't think I'd go back this year but I don't think it will be unsafe for next weekend. .Good luck

Offline flynfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 24, 2015, 10:59 AM »
Was out on Friday and walked out till we got to about 6 fow. Three feet of ice everywhere but the cracks in the ice looked like they were getting bigger. Missed 5 and caught 5 pike between three of us all day. Slow, but was a nice day on the reservoir.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.