Author Topic: Hitch  (Read 1842 times)

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hitch
« on: Jan 13, 2010, 08:28 PM »
I want to pull a Clam Fishtrap guide with either my snowmobile or atv.  Whats the best and easiest way to hitch it up.   We don't have enough ice to ride on very often so I would rather not spend a lot.

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Hitch
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2010, 06:44 AM »
Couple of great ideas on here with hitches guys have build from electrical conduit, carabiners and eye bolts, I'm going to build something similar for my fish trap, no way I'm going to spend that kind of money on a pre-built tow bar.
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline cityfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2010, 10:24 AM »
either make or buy a tow bar.. BPS had them on sale for 39 bucks over christmas... much easier then making one:)

most sled jobs sell the basic univeral clamp that goes over the grap bar.. should be less than 20 bucks.. i made one out of old chains and clamps on mine..

Offline bottomslimer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2010, 09:58 PM »
Hey guys if you have pics of some hitches you built lets see !m i am trying to figure one for my 98 zr 500. thanks B.S.  :ti pup:

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2010, 02:34 PM »
Do a search "home made tow bar", made one similar to the one in the photo out of 1/2" black iron pipe

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2010, 03:51 PM »
the prices of buying one or making may be very close, I've read on here about the conduit, seen some guys even using galvinized pipe!!!!

I bought mine for the Clam and for the Jet sled

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.