Author Topic: Dear Diary...By The Newfound Circus 2011  (Read 61389 times)

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
Re: Dear Diary...By The Newfound Circus 2011
« Reply #120 on: Jan 13, 2011, 06:21 PM »
oh yeah...drove by cummings today.....big snowbank to the lake....from the parking lot
saw lakertaker out there digging himself out, but really not much to dig.
lotsa drifts out there, but with the drifts there are bare spots...mostly on the door side
of the bobhouses...the parking lot is plowed but only on one side....saw you guys out there two giunea
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #121 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:06 PM »
Just got back from clearing snow at camp. Very little snow on the ice at our end. Checked and found 4-5 inches of black ice. Took 4-5 good hard wacks to get through. Looks good to at least get on the beach Saturday. I'm psyched. Saw some car with J----D parked next to a pick up on the way home. Forgot the radio so we couldn't say high. Nice, star light night out there. Hope you guys did well.

Capt. Black

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #122 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:11 PM »
1/13/2011

Went out to check the houses.

The snow banken at the Beach is very big. Gonna need the snowmobile this coming weekend. Houses looked good. Mine is high and dry. Scared to cut a hole under it this weekend but oh well. Gotta do it.

Visited with Frog and Guinea for a bit while they were cusk fishing.
Zack Attack and Chum came out tonight. Couldn't believe it but they were riding a wheeler and getting through those snow drifts. They did good. Heading out to check the North end of Mayhew. Wish I brought the snowmobile with me tonight so I could of gone with them.
Let me know what you find out Zack Attack and Chum. More importantly that your safe. I was planning to take a ride up this weekend and maybe fish for a bit on open ice, we'll see what the conditions are.

I don't know how Fishog is going to get his house onto the lake now. The drifts at the beach is very high. Maybe bring his tractor with the snow blower and blaze a path to the lake. Not sure he'll be up for that. Still wish we would of done it before the snow.

JIGGIN.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #123 on: Jan 14, 2011, 05:12 AM »
I was planning to take a ride up this weekend and maybe fish for a bit on open ice, we'll see what the conditions are.

IJIGGIN.
We'll be putting our shack and the "honeymoon suite" on the beach, at least, at our place Saturday. Plenty of room if you guys want to join us. I'll call you on 5.5 when we're set up.

Capt. Black

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #124 on: Jan 14, 2011, 05:19 AM »
We'll be putting our shack and the "honeymoon suite" on the beach, at least, at our place Saturday. Plenty of room if you guys want to join us. I'll call you on 5.5 when we're set up.

Capt. Black
We'll stay away if the "suite" is rockin'! ;D
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #125 on: Jan 14, 2011, 06:54 AM »
We'll stay away if the "suite" is rockin'! ;D
That's what we call my brother-in-laws and his girlfriends shack. :o They just built it this year, 7'6"X7'6". They're putting their shack out but then are leaving so.... we'll have 2 shacks out. ;D

Capt. Black

Offline zack-attack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #126 on: Jan 14, 2011, 08:11 AM »
After visiting with Jiggin lastnight chum and i worked are way up the side of the island with the fourwheeler, we got stuck many times but managed to get to the tip of the island. We parked the wheeler and walked to where we thought we were going to pute the house, about three hundred yards north of the island. We chizled a hole and found that there was only about an inch and a half of ice. Not good!! So its going to be a while before its safe enough to fish there atleast for me anyway. There was alot of soft spots on the way up to. Maybe fishing in the portable this weekend if the wind is not rippin.

Zack-attack

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #127 on: Jan 14, 2011, 08:33 AM »
Nice job Zack Attack and Chum! Tough night by the sounds of it. I'm sure you guys got a good work out. It was tough just walking out to the house through the snow drifts never mind a wheeler.

Was wondering about you guys this morning when I didn't see your post on how you made out last night. Relieved to see your post.
Thanks for the update.

Guess we'll sit tight for now.

JIGGIN.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #128 on: Jan 14, 2011, 09:22 AM »
We were watching Zack and Chum out there. Saw them get off the lake and felt better. You nuts! lol Oh, I missed 4. AND theres one down there with my Ms Russell bucktail. Off to the Grand Bois du Nord now! Have a great w/e all!
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #129 on: Jan 14, 2011, 09:55 AM »
Oh, I missed 4. AND theres one down there with my Ms Russell bucktail.

You lost your new bucktail?

This isnt the first time this year.

When you get back Guinea, we're having a "tying your line to your jig" lesson. I'll show you the polmar knot which is real easy and a very good knot. That's what CH uses.

JIGGIN.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #130 on: Jan 14, 2011, 11:44 AM »
Oh, I missed 4. AND theres one down there with my Ms Russell bucktail. Off to the Grand Bois du Nord now! Have a great w/e all!
Better put in an order for a couple more when you see DD. Hope you have a great time.

Capt. Black

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #131 on: Jan 14, 2011, 03:51 PM »
thanks zack for the report..........
looking forward to a great weekend out there !!!
its gonna be fun, after the week i just had..... ;D

Offline zack-attack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #132 on: Jan 15, 2011, 05:58 PM »
Fished lake sunnepee all day today.Saw four or five lakers and tons of smelt on the camera. Cought 1 laker 17inches on a green glow in the dark bucktail with sucker meat, trying to pute up a picture but cant figure it out. u can see it on my facebook if u just type my name in. How did everybody do on Newfound today? Fishing in my house tomarrow probably so ill see everybody on the ice.

Zack-attack

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #133 on: Jan 15, 2011, 06:12 PM »
Finally got the shack on the ice. We have about 8-9 inches of good ice. I can't believe how much ice was made in 2 nights. Snow is starting to drift in from the last storm and it was tough moving the shack. We are at about 30 feet. Bobhouse Bull caught 3 decent rainbows between 17 - 23 inches. We were chasing flags all day but only iced 3. Mike got the "honeymoon" shack out and is all set up. I think they are out jiggin for cusk as I sit here. Very nice day out there today especially when the snow squal moved through. Feels good to be "on the ice".

Capt. Black

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #134 on: Jan 15, 2011, 07:08 PM »
1/15/2011

Nice job Capt. Black. Sounds like you guys did better than us. Did you get any pics of Bob House Bull's rainbows. I like to see them. Make up some stickers. Sounds like they were nice ones.
CH missed one today and saw a few on the camera. Pretty slow day at Cummings. Took a ride up to the north end of Mayhew today with Taint and Laker Taker. About a punch and a half with the chisel. Not enough. As much as I hate it, gonna stay at Cummings for this weekend. We'll see what this coming week brings.

Hound Dog and Psycho Phil make it out today with their houses. Nice to see the clan out there.

Snow this evening was great. No wind and snowing out. Had a nice dinner with CH and kept marking cusk on the fish finder but couldn't get em to hit.

JIGGIN.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #135 on: Jan 15, 2011, 07:57 PM »
Finally got the shack on the ice. We have about 8-9 inches of good ice. I can't believe how much ice was made in 2 nights. Snow is starting to drift in from the last storm and it was tough moving the shack. We are at about 30 feet. Bobhouse Bull caught 3 decent rainbows between 17 - 23 inches. We were chasing flags all day but only iced 3. Mike got the "honeymoon" shack out and is all set up. I think they are out jiggin for cusk as I sit here. Very nice day out there today especially when the snow squal moved through. Feels good to be "on the ice".

Capt. Black

Those are some nice Bows! Fishin's been slow over on the lake I've been on the last couple trips...and I have been meaning to get over to Newfound ;)

Glad to hear you guys had a good day out there and got your shack out :)

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #136 on: Jan 16, 2011, 05:19 AM »
1/15/2011

Nice job Capt. Black. Sounds like you guys did better than us. Did you get any pics of Bob House Bull's rainbows. I like to see them. Make up some stickers. Sounds like they were nice ones.
JIGGIN.

No pics, Bobhouse Bull is camera shy. We kept the 21" and let the 17" and 23" go. I lost a BIG one but was far enough away to avoid a punch. My line caught on the ice, on one of its several runs, and the line broke off, arrrrr. Next time.

Capt. Black

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #137 on: Jan 16, 2011, 05:26 AM »
Those are some nice Bows! Fishin's been slow over on the lake I've been on the last couple trips...and I have been meaning to get over to Newfound ;)

Glad to hear you guys had a good day out there and got your shack out :)

Thanks NHTF. It was a great day out there. Little to no wind, got the two shacks out, spent some time with good friends, and caught some fish. Doesn't get much better than that.

Capt. Black

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #138 on: Jan 16, 2011, 09:20 AM »
Thanks NHTF. It was a great day out there. Little to no wind, got the two shacks out, spent some time with good friends, and caught some fish. Doesn't get much better than that.

Capt. Black

Nope...Can't Beat that! Plus those shacks will definitely make things more comfortable on the cold and windy days.  :)

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #139 on: Jan 16, 2011, 06:23 PM »
Jiggin, turns out my mono is junk. Gonna redo all my lines this week. I represented the Circus by icing 2 lakers and a bow...no worse than anyone else did. But NHTF wasn't there to autograph my auger lol. How'd everyone else do there this w/e?
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #140 on: Jan 17, 2011, 04:56 AM »
1/15-1/16
Missed 2 lakers on Sat.  Saw very few on the camera.  Only stayed out until noon.

Only saw 3 lakers on Sun.  My 3 kids came out for a couple of hours (thanks for the redfins, JIGGIN-!).   Very sloooow this w/e.
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #141 on: Jan 17, 2011, 08:18 AM »
01/16/2011

Had a good day with several lakers on the camera. I lost one on the Motovator. He took only about a foot of line out and then stopped. I could feel him munching on the piece of cut sucker and when I went to set the barb in him, pulled it right out of his mouth. CH missed another too today on the jig stick.

Very slow morning till Taint / 8x8, Tippin2 / Bucktail and Laker Taker / Slimey pulled their houses over to the island. Then started seeing 2 lakers come through. Helped Fishog get his monstrosity of a house onto the lake. Hopefully he and his wife will use it this season.

Good brunch today and then headed off the lake to get ready for the game....(hindsite should of stayed on the lake).

Ate waaay too much this weekend. Gonna go out after this next storm and check on things.

JIGGIN.

ps: Remind me to make sure Taint never has any starburst candy while fishing in the morning. Way to early in the morning to listen to him all wount up nonstop, killed my batteries in my radio and gave Laker Taker a head ache. It wasnt the quite Sunday morning that I'm used to. I like to get there early, get my stuff set up, sit down and have a cup of coffee, gather my thoughts together. It wasnt like that this morning, too much sugar for Taint. Not a good thing. I like it better when he shows up around 10 am instead of 5 am. I know he was just excited to be out there. Me too but with less sugar.

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #142 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:05 PM »
yup.... had plenty of chances to pull one onto the ice...thought i had the barb hidden into the meat
to much, so i let it be well exposed..... still pulled it right outa its mouth....also lost a buck-tail...(hurried up the knot)..
wouldnt ya know it thats the only one that got "hooked"....

note to self:.......bring more walkie-talkie batteries next week...........

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #143 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:15 PM »
made my anual appearance on newfound today ..looking for bows  ..started at the north end of the lake and ended up on the south end ..did manage 1 rainbow no monster but still better than leaving stinky ....wondered if any of you guys were out there .....but really had no idea where to look ........

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #144 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:29 PM »
yup.... had plenty of chances to pull one onto the ice...thought i had the barb hidden into the meat
to much, so i let it be well exposed..... still pulled it right outa its mouth....also lost a buck-tail...(hurried up the knot)..
wouldnt ya know it thats the only one that got "hooked"....

What knot?  Palomar Knot, never leave home without it.
I first tie Palomar line to swivel.  Then I'm able to tie Palomar swivel to leader.  Finally Palomar leader to hook.
In that order or you can't have a palomar on each side of the swivel.  It has been proven to be the strongest knot for fisihing line.  almost 100% knot strength.
This knot is also much easier to tie when fingers are cold than any other..  Pretty simple.
You can see from the picture, Palomar is recommended for braided line.  Braided line can be slippery.. cinch knots tend not to hold with braided line.   I now only tie palomar, even with floro.
http://www.netknots.com/html/palomar_knot.html

Never a slipped knot..( Knot directed at you S.K.)  ;D

NB

lael19533

« Reply #145 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:38 PM »
Jiggin, turns out my mono is junk. Gonna redo all my lines this week. I represented the Circus by icing 2 lakers and a bow...no worse than anyone else did. But NHTF wasn't there to autograph my auger lol. How'd everyone else do there this w/e?

oh...pick me...pick me...I gots pictures 
  FISH ON
THE TERRORS OF Pittsburg

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #146 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:41 PM »
Quite the pair. ;) Fisher's I mean. :o

Capt. Black

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #147 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:45 PM »
Quite the pair. ;) Fisher's I mean. :o

Capt. Black

:roflmao:

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #148 on: Jan 17, 2011, 06:13 PM »
Stopped up to check on the house tonight.  Put an extra set of blocks underneath just in case we get some rain.

Yes x2.  Especially if Taint (1Iceman) is planning on being out there.  Wouldn't it be a riot if we changed the channel on him?? ;)
Clark Gable

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #149 on: Jan 17, 2011, 06:16 PM »

Never a slipped knot..( Knot directed at you S.K.)  ;D

NB

:o
Thanks for clarifying... my feelings may have been hurt otherwise.
 ;D
I am human. I am a predator. Don't ask me why I'm staring down a hole, waiting for a fish to bite. Its instinctive and I refuse to fight it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.