Minnesota > Ice Fishing Minnesota

depht finder

(1/3) > >>

bucket_butt:
any one have pros or cons on the flashlite style depht finders such as POLAR or Vexilar? I think it would be handy for locating "THE DEEP HOLE" or "THE BAR"

BushMaster:
My brother has one and it works very well! It is compact and acurate. He has the Vexilar and it is very durable. Works through the ice just like any sonar unit.

CTShiman7612:
I've got the Vexilar with the self leveling 12 degree cone.  It works like a charm.  Buying that flashlight depth finder would be a waste.  Just take a jug of water with you, pour it on the ice, just enough to cover the bottom face of the cone, and it'll shoot right through and not only tell you the depth, but the density, whether it's muck or rock, weeds or flat, and if there are any fish down there.  

I give the Vexilar a 10!

Fl-18iceicebaby:
A con againist the flashlight depthfinder is that it only gives you depth. Why not spend the extra money and get a flasher thats going to put you on the fish and give you the depth ;)

mngonefishing:
bucketbutt, I have to agree with Fl-18iceicebaby. spend the extra $$$ and get a fl-8 or 18. they are worth every cent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version