Minnesota > Ice Fishing Minnesota

Guide service/resort

<< < (2/3) > >>

TheCrappieFisherman:
What kind of trip, how far you want to travel and time of year are the biggest things.

Us guys in the know up here can refer you to a lot of different options with that info.  Fyi I've seen a lot of the well known guides filling weekend's FAST already... that's not to discourage you at all, just saying the sooner you book the better the trip will be  :thumbsup:

Jig_Head:
Thanks for all the quick replies guys. I need to figure out some dates and an exact lake

Jig_Head:

--- Quote from: TheCrappieFisherman on Oct 18, 2022, 09:52 AM ---Are you looking to do an over night sleeper house on the lake- the resort/outfitter generally puts them in good spots, checks on you throughout the trip (if its a good owner).  Use it as your base camp during the day and hop around  the lake with your own gear if you want, or stay put.

Or do you want a full service guide trip during the day and then stay on land somewhere? Or back at a sleeper house.

--- End quote ---
I was thinking staying in the sleeper but definitely open to either option

Jig_Head:
I'm definitely an experienced open water fisherman. I've done several bass tournaments and got some monster catfish to my name but ill openly admit I'm not great at ice fishing. I've been doing it for years. I've got all my own equipment. Flasher, rods, shanty, heater, auger etc but I wouldn't know where to begin without a guide up there. So maybe a full service guide trip day 1 then a sleeper house on our own? As for distance, I looked and Leech Lake is 10 hours away and Red Lake 11. Long way to go but who knows, maybe I could do 3 days. I'm going on a blue catfish and crappie trip in 2 weeks so that's all that's been on my mind lately. I'll look at dates when I get back. Thanks again for the tips

cwavs1982:

--- Quote from: Jig_Head on Oct 27, 2022, 03:43 AM ---I'm definitely an experienced open water fisherman. I've done several bass tournaments and got some monster catfish to my name but ill openly admit I'm not great at ice fishing. I've been doing it for years. I've got all my own equipment. Flasher, rods, shanty, heater, auger etc but I wouldn't know where to begin without a guide up there. So maybe a full service guide trip day 1 then a sleeper house on our own? As for distance, I looked and Leech Lake is 10 hours away and Red Lake 11. Long way to go but who knows, maybe I could do 3 days. I'm going on a blue catfish and crappie trip in 2 weeks so that's all that's been on my mind lately. I'll look at dates when I get back. Thanks again for the tips

--- End quote ---

If distance traveled is an issue, you may want to look into the eastern Wisconsin lakes - Winnebago comes to mind.  Seen plenty of YouTube videos from guys that fish that lake and they seem to do pretty good.  I have never fished it, but you could ask on the Wisconsin page site, they might be able to give you some information. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version