Author Topic: Keystone Area Guide  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Basser123

• IceShanty Rookie
Keystone Area Guide
« on: Sep 18, 2022, 11:00 AM »
Hello,

I will be staying in Keystone the week between Xmas and New Years and looking to hire a guide while the wife is sking... I will have a truck so willing to drive a distance to fish, looking for a more advanced trip, ice fish 4 to 5 times a week back in Wi.  Thank you and any help is very much appreciated!!

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Keystone Area Guide
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2022, 07:38 PM »
If you were coming out a month later I'd say check out Fishing with Bernie. He and his guides know Granby and William's Fork well.  Not cheap but he can put you on some big fish (Lakers).  If you fly fish there are guides in Summit County.  The tail-water section on the Blue has some hogs in it.  Officers Gulch is nearby but the fish aren't worth a guide.  Turquoise might be capped but not sure of guides.  I typically try and hit Rifle Gap and Harvey Gap that week which are way out west near Rifle/Silt but the ice can be sketchy and the fisheries aren't what they used to be IMO.  Best bet is probably Eleven Mile or Anterro which would not be too bad of a drive if the weather cooperates.  They kick out some hogs on early ice.  Should be able to Google some guides for those places.  South Park can be brutally cold and windy!! 

BTW I grew up fishing Beaver Dams on the west end of Poygan but moved here in 1989. Good luck!

Offline Basser123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2022, 07:29 PM »
Thank you for the info! I see there are a handful of guides onale Dillion just wondering how that lake produces... thank you!

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2022, 08:59 PM »
Thank you for the info! I see there are a handful of guides onale Dillion just wondering how that lake produces... thank you!
Dillon is a multi-species impoundment to include rainbow, browns, splake, Kokanee salmon, and the sought after Arctic Char. Alpine Fishing Adventures will put you on the fish!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2022, 09:38 PM »
Right out the back door too!  I never fished it but good way to spend a day in Summit I bet. 

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2022, 10:31 AM »
I think Fordo guides there?
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2022, 10:36 AM »
I think Fordo guides there?

Isn’t he the Alpine guy? Name sounds kinda familiar.

Offline Basser123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2022, 10:57 AM »
Awesome yes please let me know any contacts I would liked to have something booked by next week!

Thank you!

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2022, 11:42 AM »
Here's Fordos web site. He (Randy Ford) used to be active on some of the forums.
https://www.fishdillon.com/

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Sep 30, 2022, 03:28 PM »
Here's Fordos web site. He (Randy Ford) used to be active on some of the forums.
https://www.fishdillon.com/

Yep…that’s him!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.