The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: SEBAGO CAPPED  (Read 13878 times)

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: SEBAGO CAPPED
« Reply #60 on: Jan 29, 2022, 08:35 AM »
Yesterday before the storm was good. The fish weren’t highly aggressive but enough of them bit to make it fun.

Offline Linedogg104

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Jan 29, 2022, 08:57 AM »
Must be fun out there right now!!

If your out fishing today your pretty hardcore! Nope not for me. Nice warm couch and hot coffee :tipup:
Fishing is easy. Catching is the hard part.

Offline Scoobyshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 29, 2022, 04:27 PM »
nice view scooby,
is that fryes on the left

Good eye, yes

Offline Scoobyshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Jan 31, 2022, 03:39 PM »
Anything can happen and this would be the 4th time this year that it skimmed over end to end but this one was different. Brutal cold this morning with no wind and the ice formed within 10 minutes of sunrise (usually it goes much slower). The other times this year that it went over the ice lasted an average of 2 hours - it's been frozen for 9 hours today. No wind and low temps tonight and tomorrow may give us 2 inches before the warm patch.

Offline MadFisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Wish this was work....
« Reply #64 on: Jan 31, 2022, 05:55 PM »
Ohh wow game on.

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Feb 01, 2022, 06:49 AM »
 :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Feb 01, 2022, 06:45 PM »
how is it for foot traffic at the station
in god we trust

Offline Kourcha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Feb 02, 2022, 10:58 AM »
how is it for foot traffic at the station
I was on 8"  last night but didn't travel out very far maybe 300 yards

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 02, 2022, 04:29 PM »
8 " of snow or ice  ::)
what were you fishing for   @)

Offline Kourcha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Feb 02, 2022, 04:49 PM »
8 " of snow or ice  ::)
what were you fishing for   @)
about 8'' of ice (with 4''-12'' of snow depending on where you were) give or take not an exact measurement by any means, Alot more snow by the ramp where it all drifted onto. I was fishing for cusk by the way have done pretty decent in the past right off the station but is hit or miss most nights really depends on how motivated I am with running and gunning

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Feb 02, 2022, 04:55 PM »
nice,at least our getting out
i do better for cusk late febuary, march
thx

Offline Kourcha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Feb 02, 2022, 04:58 PM »
nice,at least our getting out
i do better for cusk late febuary, march
thx
Yes sir not a prob I always do better like you said targeting cusk in late feb but here and there I've had some good nights on them in late jan or early feb here and there though nothing ever really consistent

Offline Outdoorsman70

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Feb 02, 2022, 06:24 PM »
Has there been any snowmobiles or atvs on the ice

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Feb 02, 2022, 07:08 PM »
Fished it today about 8 to 10 inches of ice. walked out around a mile and the were still other people out farer then that on sleds   

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Feb 02, 2022, 10:49 PM »
about 8'' of ice (with 4''-12'' of snow depending on where you were) give or take not an exact measurement by any means, Alot more snow by the ramp where it all drifted onto. I was fishing for cusk by the way have done pretty decent in the past right off the station but is hit or miss most nights really depends on how motivated I am with running and gunning
just as stated fished it today some real deep slush in areas today did see some wheelers get hung up at timers got the kitty cat with the white skunk set up and fished for cusk till 930 didnt get any guts next to us got 1 oh well least we got out
in god we trust

Offline Bassingrass15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Feb 03, 2022, 02:06 AM »
How deep do you guys fish for cusk off the station?

Offline CMASSicefisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Feb 03, 2022, 05:35 AM »
Getting ready for the derby will be there both Saturday and Sunday who else is going? Looking to meet some new people out on the ice. Tight lines everyone!

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Feb 03, 2022, 06:24 AM »
heading up this weekend and do some scouting !    :o
hope to do some fishing too, first trip...    :o
i havent missed a derby yet   ;)2

Offline Kourcha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 03, 2022, 10:38 AM »
How deep do you guys fish for cusk off the station?
anywhere from 012fow to 40

Offline Fishin_Addiction

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Feb 06, 2022, 06:28 AM »
Is the ice safe all the way across big bay now??

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Feb 06, 2022, 10:10 AM »
not sure but i would say no
in god we trust

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Feb 07, 2022, 12:09 PM »

no :%$#!:

Offline Scoobyshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Feb 07, 2022, 03:23 PM »

From the West shore looking to Raymond it looks like there is either brand new clear ice (acting as a mirror) or that there is a large section of open water. Not sure if you can see in attached picture as it is about two miles out in the middle of lake north of Frye Island.

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
« Reply #83 on: Feb 07, 2022, 07:15 PM »
I am planning a trip to Sebago on the 19th to try ice fishing for the first time here.  I have no idea where to start but I do have some slight experience with Lakers at a local lake called Sunapee here in NH.  I know jigging is the preferred way to catch but does anyone use tipups and if so what bait do you use?  Any info on what to do would be greatly apricated.  Its been on my bucket list for a few years now to give it a try ice fishing at Sebago but I work as a Propane Driver that my fishing days are limited and getting away for a long trip is hard in the winter but I am going to give it a shot on the 19th.  I'll be walking out although I have an atv but the damn thing is a Polaris 1000xp it is so heavy and with my 250lbs it makes me worried sometimes out on ice I don't know much about. 

Offline Fishin_Addiction

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Feb 07, 2022, 07:22 PM »
From the West shore looking to Raymond it looks like there is either brand new clear ice (acting as a mirror) or that there is a large section of open water. Not sure if you can see in attached picture as it is about two miles out in the middle of lake north of Frye Island.

That does look like open water, not safe yet

Offline Linedogg104

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #85 on: Feb 07, 2022, 08:10 PM »
I am planning a trip to Sebago on the 19th to try ice fishing for the first time here.  I have no idea where to start but I do have some slight experience with Lakers at a local lake called Sunapee here in NH.  I know jigging is the preferred way to catch but does anyone use tipups and if so what bait do you use?  Any info on what to do would be greatly apricated.  Its been on my bucket list for a few years now to give it a try ice fishing at Sebago but I work as a Propane Driver that my fishing days are limited and getting away for a long trip is hard in the winter but I am going to give it a shot on the 19th.  I'll be walking out although I have an atv but the damn thing is a Polaris 1000xp it is so heavy and with my 250lbs it makes me worried sometimes out on ice I don't know much about.

I use only tipups for togue. Dead smelt on the bottom close to any kind of dropoff
Fishing is easy. Catching is the hard part.

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Feb 08, 2022, 10:44 AM »
  thats derby week at sebago might as well stay the weekend and get in the derby tip-ups with dead sucker on bottomworks its a 5 trap lake set 4 traps and a jig
in god we trust

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
« Reply #87 on: Feb 09, 2022, 06:52 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I have another question however.  How far do you have to walk out to find the right depths to fish?  I have never iced fished Sebago and I wish I had more time to plan this trip.  I did not know it was derby weekend as well.  At least I will see alot of people out there so I'll get a better understanding on how/where to set up for future trips.  I will be using this trip as a learning adventure. 

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Feb 10, 2022, 06:25 AM »
A mile out in lake and half a mile from where you park unless you camp out all night.

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Feb 10, 2022, 08:49 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I have another question however.  How far do you have to walk out to find the right depths to fish?  I have never iced fished Sebago and I wish I had more time to plan this trip.  I did not know it was derby weekend as well.  At least I will see alot of people out there so I'll get a better understanding on how/where to set up for future trips.  I will be using this trip as a learning adventure.
it also free fishing week i think
in god we trust

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.