Author Topic: DEWALT PROPANE HEATER  (Read 1607 times)

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
DEWALT PROPANE HEATER
« on: Nov 28, 2021, 06:44 PM »
I just looked at a DeWalt heater on line. It looks similar to the portable Buddy Heater but can put out 12,000 BTU. It also has a fan and uses a 20v drill battery or a flex battery to power it. Looks like it also has some charge ports. Kind of spendy at $185 though.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Walted

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: DEWALT PROPANE HEATER
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2021, 08:09 PM »
Curious myself. I have a trailer full of DeWalt tools so it kind of makes sense. I also have two Buddy's so it kind of doesn't. Buy one and let me know if I want one too.  ;)

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2021, 09:17 PM »
Sorry, but I have two Buddy heaters too.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2021, 10:17 PM »
My brother Inlaw has one and they are nothing special. He found a sale on them and bought one, he’s a bit of a dewalt fanboy. Haha. They work very well but the fan is very similar to the one on the big buddy.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2021, 08:18 AM »
I have the Buddy Portable that puts out 4K and 9k btu. I rarely need the 9k in my 2/person flip over. Don’t overbuy.

Offline G fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wish i was a fishing(Too slim n the traildragers)
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2021, 08:32 AM »
The USB plug-in could come in handy.
Team Ripp'n lips.
"Drink a little"
"Save a little"
"There will always be a Little".

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2021, 09:11 AM »
I seriously looked at them ...HARD  as I wanted some more BTU ..my Portable Buddy is 20 plus YOA.. Tough Buddy light in the handle and USB ports ..12000 BTU w/fan ...price turned me off though ..then I looked into the Hunting Buddy ..12000 BTU..price again was higher than I wanted to spend ..landed on the Big Buddy w/fan @ Walmart $109 ..very similar footprint as the Dewalt Buddy and the Hunting buddy .

I just looked at a DeWalt heater on line. It looks similar to the portable Buddy Heater but can put out 12,000 BTU. It also has a fan and uses a 20v drill battery or a flex battery to power it. Looks like it also has some charge ports. Kind of spendy at $185 though.

Use code:WELCOMEBACK $15 off

https://www.cpooutlets.com/dewalt-f332000-cordless-propane-heater--tool-only-/dewnf332000.html
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2021, 02:13 PM »
I like the idea of using a drill battery opposed to D cells since I have a DeWalt 20v drill. I didn't appreciate the price and have no need for a new heater since I have five now.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2021, 12:31 PM »
I have the Buddy Portable that puts out 4K and 9k btu. I rarely need the 9k in my 2/person flip over. Don’t overbuy.

You must have an insulated shack? I found my portable buddy to be enough in my insulated 1 man shack. However when I tried to use in in my older clam voyager which is uninsulated….the portable buddy on high wasn’t enough.

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2022, 03:57 PM »
Today I test fired the Dewalt propane heater that I bought for cheap this past summer (best time to buy heating stuff is in the summer.)

1. Pilot light - good
2. Ignition battery - good
3. 1 lb propane connection seals - no leaks
4. Built in fan - good
5. Built in LED light - good
6. Three USB charging ports - good

I’ve been a Dewalt guy since the 80’s so all my tools are Black and Yellow.

Old Noob - Sponsored by my lovely wife.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2022, 04:31 PM »
Subway4X4 good luck with your purchase ..I would have been all over a Dewalt tough Buddy ..would of checked alot of boxes and fufilled alot of tasks..but the price was the deal breaker . I could still see me shutting down the heater placing it on the ice at the end of the day turning on the light and packing away my gear into my sled .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Rhansen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2022, 02:15 PM »
I ended up with the dewalt last year when our buddy went down. It's a little pricey, but if you already have dewalt batteries I think its worth it. I have a eskimo quickfish 5i and that heater has the tent up to T shirt temperature within 30 minutes even on the negative temp days. I think the fan makes a huge difference with actually pushing heat around.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.