Canada > Ice Fishing Ontario

Lake Scugog

(1/1)

Monan:
I took a trip out to Scugog today to try my luck catching some walleye. I got one bump but failed to lure the fish enough to bite. I had two holes, one still line on a tipup with a swedish pimple tipped with a medium minnow and the other hole was the one in the shanty jigging lightly from time to time with a Mr.Champ tipped with the same type of minnow.
It was my first trip there so I headed out to Goreski's and went out over there. I really liked the water conditions for walleye there. Must be tons of em in there.
Anyways, next time I was thinking of going out on the Port Perry side where the downtown park is. I saw some shanty's there and wondered...... Anyone reading this know a little about the area? Am I better off near Goreski's?

trapperdirk:
I'm not familiar with it Monan but I'm sure someone here must fish the area and I think Germ even fishes around Goreski's sometimes . ;)

TD

icejunky:
I make a trip to Scugog every winter. I rented a hut next weekend so lets hope it gets cold. We usually go out of ViewLake area..it's drive on access but it's a popular spot..huts everywhere...which usually means there are fish.

here is a map of scugog...Viewlake is in the top right corner of the lake off Hwy 35 and 57

good luck

icejunky:
Those still looking to hit scugog, I just got off the phone with the Guy I rent my hut from, and he reports current conditions are 8-10 inches (In the area above) with a couple inches of water on top...He also reports good fishing

Germ:
AS Trapper has Said i do Hit Scugog and He is also Correct in the fact that i do go off Of Gorskis Marina.... Usually there is a small (Small Group of huts Just to the right and out in front  (maybe  4 hundred metres?? More not sure ) off the MArina Sign on the Outlet point on shore... I think i was in 7 fow?? Max.... Anyhow the bite is Very slow all day... Only the last hour of light does it pick up... (watch the locals its what they do lol)  And i do the same I tip a spoon with a Small minnow and Jig it slighly... The hit is light so watch for it and i also use a TIp up for the oter one lol SO the technique is right and Just watch to where everyone comes yto at the last hour of light:>:> TIght lines!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version