Author Topic: Cordless drill attatchment  (Read 1712 times)

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Cordless drill attatchment
« on: Feb 18, 2018, 04:33 PM »
Just picked up a milwaukee drill and impact for 200 bucks, and got a 42 piece bit set free with it.... true value is doig a deal on milwaukee stuff right now.

Anyways, i needed the drill for work. But with everyone going to drills for the ice augers now days, since i now obtain a drill, i will also!
The drill is an M18 brushless, i plan on using a strikemaster 6 inch auger....

What all do i need for this conversion?? Thanks fellas. I know its end of our ice season and all, but i have plenty of time to get whats needed this way.

Thanks again!
Got one goin'!

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
Re: Cordless drill attatchment
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2018, 04:37 PM »
I use a clam plate which some say don’t need, but have 2 handles, when done keeps it out of the snow, I also have a extension for mine so not on knees in deeper ice. Also with clam plate don’t have to worry about loosing auger down hole as it’s bolted on.

Offline ticeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2018, 04:48 PM »
I too have the clam plate. I also have the shaft with a round disc and used to used the drill handle. I repeat I used to.  The clam plate in my opinion is amazing. I would buy another in an instant.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2018, 04:51 PM »
Gills, imma hafta try your clam plate out next year to see what all the fuss is about. Ive been using drill to auger and its performed well.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2018, 05:07 PM »
Gills, imma hafta try your clam plate out next year to see what all the fuss is about. Ive been using drill to auger and its performed well.
.   If we hurry we can try it this year, better be today or in morning !! Lol

Offline Iceman junkie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2018, 07:24 PM »
I tell you what I bought a K-drill and put a Milwaukee 18 fuel drill on it like the one K-drill recommends and let me tell you that thing cuts through ice like a hot knife through butter!!!! Check out some of the videos on youtube. K-drill recommends having a drill that has at least 725 in. lbs. of torque. The drill I bought has 1200 in. lbs. and all I can say is WOW!!!!

Offline Greenhorn Betty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2018, 07:33 PM »
this is what I use on my Millwaulee cordless and a 7 in lazer.I think those clam plates would just add too much weight and bulky,that you do not need.

https://www.fishusa.com/product/Ice-Master-Ice-Auger-Power-Drill-Conversion-Kit

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2018, 07:37 PM »
Get the plate and be done with bucket tops, bunges, and the whole mess, auger is BOLTED on only way can come off is if bolt breaks(they are hardened)

Offline Greenhorn Betty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2018, 07:40 PM »
here,this is what I got,other was for a Nills

http://icemasteradapter.com/

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2018, 07:43 PM »
Just picked up a milwaukee drill and impact for 200 bucks, and got a 42 piece bit set free with it.... true value is doig a deal on milwaukee stuff right now.

Anyways, i needed the drill for work. But with everyone going to drills for the ice augers now days, since i now obtain a drill, i will also!
The drill is an M18 brushless, i plan on using a strikemaster 6 inch auger....

What all do i need for this conversion?? Thanks fellas. I know its end of our ice season and all, but i have plenty of time to get whats needed this way.

Thanks again!

I think the drill with that kit just has about 500 in-lb of torque. The "fuel" version has 1200.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Iceman junkie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2018, 08:03 PM »
The K-drill only weighs 7lbs. for the 6 inch version plus the weight of the drill and battery is I think about 5 or 6 lbs. It only weighs like 12 or 13 lbs total. It also uses chipper blades and can cut new holes or reopen old holes. Once you have a powerful enough drill the only thing you need is the K-drill. It is also made by the same people that make the Vexilar flashers. Im telling you from first hand experience it is the sh**!!!

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2018, 08:46 PM »
The K-drill only weighs 7lbs. for the 6 inch version plus the weight of the drill and battery is I think about 5 or 6 lbs. It only weighs like 12 or 13 lbs total. It also uses chipper blades and can cut new holes or reopen old holes. Once you have a powerful enough drill the only thing you need is the K-drill. It is also made by the same people that make the Vexilar flashers. Im telling you from first hand experience it is the sh**!!!

Lazer augers will open old holes too for less than 1/2 the cost of the k-drill.  A lazer with sharp blades will cut just as fast too.  Zero reason to spend 220 to 250 for an auger bit that doesn't even come with a handle if your drill has an issue on the ice.

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Personal Best 7 lbs even
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2018, 10:20 PM »

I have one of these from Clam Corporation. LOVE IT.
\\\"WORK\\\" is for people who don`t know how to \\\"FISH\\\"

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Personal Best 7 lbs even
« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2018, 10:22 PM »
I use this with my Craftsman 19.2 volt drill and a 6 inch Lazer. No effort.  Easy to use and it keeps your drill off the ice and water.JMO.
\\\"WORK\\\" is for people who don`t know how to \\\"FISH\\\"

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 19, 2018, 01:26 AM »
I also use a clam plate. It may not be necessary to some (I also belive it isn’t necessary) but man does it really just complete the package. In my opinion, it doesn’t add any noticeable extra weight or bulk. Also, it keeps my drill off the ice/snow. I have much more control and support with using the clam plate. The extension is nice to have (I don’t have one) but I’ve drilled 16” of ice no problem. If you’re prone to back problems I’d highly recommend it though.

Get the plate and be done with bucket tops, bunges, and the whole mess, auger is BOLTED on only way can come off is if bolt breaks(they are hardened)

Bingo.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 19, 2018, 07:45 AM »
You can use a homemade 'washer' that's bigger than the hole to keep the drill from sinking. It could be gig enough to keep the drill off the snow as well. e.g. a lid from a plastic pail.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 19, 2018, 12:00 PM »
I've never used a clam plate but I'm all for keeping it simple.  Been using a drill for years with a Lazer auger.  Had several different adapter shafts.  Last one I bought had the shaft and safety washer and I think I spent about $25 on it.  You can get just a shaft adapter for $10 or so and the mess around with making a saftey washer if you want.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.