Author Topic: battery for livescope  (Read 5753 times)

Offline ojibwa6

• IceShanty Rookie
battery for livescope
« on: Nov 14, 2019, 11:36 AM »
thinking on getting a Dakota 10ah lithium for my livescope. Does anyone know how long it would last or is there better choices of batteries?

Offline IceManBran

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: battery for livescope
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2019, 12:04 PM »
Not familiar with livescope specifically, but I'd recommend a 12ah lithium battery from Energized Outdoors. They're a forum sponsor and should get you a bit more run time than the Dakota.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2019, 12:06 PM »
Lithium is definitely the way to go: plenty of power with less weight and better performance in the cold.

Livescope package is a power hog. 10 Ah would be a bare minimum and might not get you through a long day. Look at Amped Outdoors stuff. Great batteries and prices. And jigs. And quality. And service. They offer a 12 Ah battery same size as the Dakota you were looking at. Better yet spring for the 18 Ah version. Plenty of power in a package only 1.5" wider than the 10/12 Ah series.

https://ampedoutdoors.com/

Just had a group buy here and blew through the codes in about four days. Did have one guys turn his back in due to unforeseen circumstances. PM me and you can have it. 15 % off site wide. Should still work...
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2019, 12:23 PM »
I run mine on the 12AH Milwaukee Fuel. Works Great.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2019, 12:51 PM »
I just got the Amped 30Ah batteries. I used the 12Ah last year and if we were fishing all day and up to midnight for crappie I would sometimes lose power right at the end. I would say about 14 hours pretty much continuous. I have a 93SV+ with the LVS 32.

Offline ojibwa6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2019, 01:17 PM »
Thanks for the info. I just ordered amped 18ah with charger and a few jigs

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2019, 01:38 PM »
I just got my 2 - 12v 10ah lithium batteries from Amped today. They are going in my 10 year old 24V Ice Gator, replacing the 20 pounds of batteries with 6 pounds the new batteries weigh. I would have gone with the 12ah batteries but Matt at Amped didn't recommend running those in series. But the 10ah batteries were OK to do so. Of course I had to get 2 lithium chargers so I could charge them both at the same time.
jbird68

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2019, 01:47 PM »
Thanks for the info. I just ordered amped 18ah with charger and a few jigs

I bought the 18ah  from Amped Outdoors for my  Panoptix Ice Bundle. It is a perfect fit. The weight difference is incredible!   :tipup:

Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2019, 02:43 PM »
I just got the Amped 30Ah batteries. I used the 12Ah last year and if we were fishing all day and up to midnight for crappie I would sometimes lose power right at the end. I would say about 14 hours pretty much continuous. I have a 93SV+ with the LVS 32.

That is why the 18V (nominal) Milwaukee 12 AH work so well.  They have 50% more power at 18V than the 12V batteries do.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2019, 08:58 PM »
I'm running 1-10ah and 1-12aH from Energized outdoors. I have it set up in a clam bag. If I hadn't already had the 10aH for my non-livescope setup I'd have gone with one of their bigger batteries.

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 15, 2019, 10:21 AM »
This won't help the live scope guys  but for the older PS 21 and PS 22 setups. Put an ammeter on battery with the PS 22 on and the Echomap 92. The meter fluctuated readings between .9422 and 1.5 amps. So to figure out size battery needed I would use highest figure just to have a nice cushion. So a 12 AH battery would provide 8 hours of use easily. 18 AH - 12 hours  30 AH - 20 hours.

I know the livescope systems draw more. If one of my amigos stops by with their livescope will do same test on them. I would expect their loads also to fluctuate.

The actual times will be greater since 1.5 amps is not a constant load. But when it comes to all the variables . I like to incorporate the cushion. An average load would be 1.22 amps. Again a 12 AH- 10 hours   18AH- 15 hours  30AH- 25 hours
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.