Author Topic: I HATE IT 🤬  (Read 7232 times)

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: I HATE IT 🤬
« Reply #30 on: Nov 02, 2019, 12:42 PM »
As much as I dislike dealing with slush covered ice, I'm going with the sudden finding of a snow covered 10" augered hole with my size 9 boot...  :woot:

I had a situation last year that involved both. My size 10 boot went through a 6" hole!! I did not think that was possible but it happened. The hole had about 6" of shush on it (I drilled the hole) My foot went through the hole before I knew what happened. It did not want to come out though. I was freaking out! I had my wife hand me the spud bar and I started trying to chip the ice around my boot, that lasted about 2 chops before I figured that wasn't a great idea. I ended up reaching down the hole and unlacing my boot (had the wife hold the laces so I would loose the boot) I was able to slip my foot out enough to get it out of the hole. The ice was only about 8" thick, don't think if it would have went through if the ice was thicker.  It happened so fast I didn't know what the hell happened. My leg was pretty bruised up for a month or so.

I hate slushy beer too! ;D ;D

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Nov 02, 2019, 12:56 PM »
I hate slushy beer too! ;D ;D

I remain open minded on slushy beer, certain in the knowledge that a slushy beer is far better than no beer at all.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Nov 02, 2019, 01:12 PM »
I remain open minded on slushy beer, certain in the knowledge that a slushy beer is far better than no beer at all.
Defiantly better than warm beer!
Gunflint, I was raised up in your neck of the woods in Babbitt. (not sure where I'm going to grow up)

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Nov 02, 2019, 01:18 PM »
(not sure where I'm going to grow up)
Best wishes in growing up. I have grown and and now in the process of fading. My children are now stronger than me.

It is a blessing that "Age and guile beats youth and enthusiasm every time."
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Nov 02, 2019, 02:05 PM »
The one that gets me is when we're having a nice normal winter plenty of ice plenty of snow....
Skiers are happy snowmobilers are happy ice fishermen are happy......
Then in the middle of January we get a warm spell and several days of rain that just ruins it for everyone.
Then to top it off as I'm in the local grocery store the clerk at the register will start talking about how nice it is it warmed up and she's so happy it's warm out.
When I tell her I think it sucks she's like all you must be one of those people who can afford a snow machine.
Well I enjoy several winter Hobbies to include snowmobiles and ice fishing.
And I hope you enjoy your ride home tonight I hope you don't go in the ditch on these slick arse roads.
I mean come on now it's not like it's warm enough for you to go to the beach and have a cookout or go ride your bicycle or whatever your favorite summer activity is.
If you like a warm winter move someplace where it's warm in the winter. Or at least move there for the winter time.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #35 on: Nov 02, 2019, 02:09 PM »
The one that gets me is when we're having a nice normal winter plenty of ice plenty of snow....
Skiers are happy snowmobilers are happy ice fishermen are happy......
Then in the middle of January we get a warm spell and several days of rain that just ruins it for everyone.
Then to top it off as I'm in the local grocery store the clerk at the register will start talking about how nice it is it warmed up and she's so happy it's warm out.
When I tell her I think it sucks she's like all you must be one of those people who can afford a snow machine.
Well I enjoy several winter Hobbies to include snowmobiles and ice fishing.
And I hope you enjoy your ride home tonight I hope you don't go in the ditch on these slick arse roads.
I mean come on now it's not like it's warm enough for you to go to the beach and have a cookout or go ride your bicycle or whatever your favorite summer activity is.
If you like a warm winter move someplace where it's warm in the winter. Or at least move there for the winter time.

Now that's some funny...but true...chit right there.👍😁👍
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #36 on: Nov 02, 2019, 02:14 PM »
I hate it, when I'm driving and all I see is clear black ice from out of now where on the river...I'm going to back up in the same direction I came in...

Once I went to drill to check the ice thickness...2"  LOL.  Didn't have a death wish that day.  ;D
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Nov 02, 2019, 05:26 PM »
I hate it, when I'm driving and all I see is clear black ice from out of now where on the river...I'm going to back up in the same direction I came in...

Once I went to drill to check the ice thickness...2"  LOL.  Didn't have a death wish that day.  ;D
I was out once with a buddy of mine trying to find this hotspot on this lake that his brother had told us about.
But we are having trouble finding the old Beaver Lodge he had described as the place to fish because of the snow.
So my buddy suggest we try another spot where he had been fishing a week or so ago with some of the guys from work.
We get over there and find his old holes and they're looking kind of weird oblong shaped.
There is 10 inches of ice everywhere else we had drilled.
So my buddy grabs the power auger fires it up and he's through in about a second or two.
He just looks over at me and goes what the heck?
I didn't say anything I just grabbed him and jerked him onto safe ice.
Turns out this lake is full of muskrats and they had been keeping the holes open and widened an area around these old fishing holes.
Off to the side was 10 inches of ice but where my buddy was standing was just over an inch.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Nov 02, 2019, 05:50 PM »
Slush, especially DEEP slush that is over my Sorels. We had lots of it last year and made things miserable and untenable.

Hoping for better days this year.
I got to go with this.. I can work around just about anything else,  but slush is misery to the tenth power.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Chute82

« Reply #39 on: Nov 02, 2019, 06:42 PM »
The fishing crew who are 70 yards apart from each other and have to yell their stupid jokes to each other all day across the lake.   Comedy is a tough gig , if it were easy everyone would be doing it for a profession.  Not everyone can be George Carlin so shut up and fish. 

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Nov 02, 2019, 06:59 PM »
The fishing crew who are 70 yards apart from each other and have to yell their stupid jokes to each other all day across the lake.   Comedy is a tough gig , if it were easy everyone would be doing it for a profession.  Not everyone can be George Carlin so shut up and fish.
I tried stand up, they told me to sit down.  ;D ;) ;D

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #41 on: Nov 02, 2019, 07:34 PM »
I hate when I start a movie I wanted to watch and because I got half my brain in Ice Shanty not noticing for a half an hour it was on Telemundo  ::)  I finally get it when Bruce Willis says, "Is this gonna be a problem?"in Spanish... :P
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Nov 02, 2019, 09:29 PM »

Frickin rivers

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Nov 03, 2019, 10:54 AM »
Number 1 has to be deep slush/water on the ice.
A close second is finding garbage.
And number 3, at all times of year and all of my favorite things to do, i hate Wind.
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Nov 03, 2019, 10:59 AM »
I hate when I get up at 3 am, travel with my 4 wheeler in tow, get parked, and just to find out my battery is dead. I had that happen last year, I have a new battery now lol.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #45 on: Nov 03, 2019, 11:10 AM »
I hate when I get up at 3 am, travel with my 4 wheeler in tow, get parked, and just to find out my battery is dead. I had that happen last year, I have a new battery now lol.

LOL...yeah once, I totally forgot the auger on two hour drive trip to...Well that was a fun unproductive drive.  >:(

waste of gas money...two hour drive of shame back.

Note to self...do my equipment check and check it twice over.  Walk through in my head...how I'm going to be fishing...and check it over again.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Nov 03, 2019, 11:23 AM »
Number 1 has to be deep slush/water on the ice.
A close second is finding garbage.
And number 3, at all times of year and all of my favorite things to do, i hate Wind.
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Nov 03, 2019, 08:26 PM »
when the wife gives me the evil eye cause i have bought another round of jigs.  heheheh

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #49 on: Nov 04, 2019, 04:50 PM »
I have one more but unrelated to ice fishing...sort of. USE THE DAMN SPELL CHECK IN YOUR POSTS!!! Every phone and computer has it. I didn't have anything close to that when I went to school...we had to learn it. Call me the grammar or spelling police...I don't care. Very sad.☹
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline sam brodrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Nov 04, 2019, 05:35 PM »
i hate the same thing during  ice and open water seasons... god damn work! i suffer the torments of the damned when im at work making a stupid living when i could be fishing. 10 inches of slush on 6 inches of rotten ice with 50 mph wind is still better than not fishing at work. it gets worse every year. also trash i really hate trash.
I hate not fishing

Chute82

« Reply #51 on: Nov 04, 2019, 07:19 PM »
i hate the same thing during  ice and open water seasons... god damn work! i suffer the torments of the damned when im at work making a stupid living when i could be fishing. 10 inches of slush on 6 inches of rotten ice with 50 mph wind is still better than not fishing at work. it gets worse every year. also trash i really hate trash.

Bad day of fishing still better then a good day at work

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #52 on: Nov 04, 2019, 07:54 PM »
Finding a limit of fish just left on the ice, abandoned by some idiot who decided he was to lazy to clean them.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Nov 09, 2019, 07:33 AM »
Finding a limit of fish just left on the ice, abandoned by some idiot who decided he was to lazy to clean them.
Around here that’s called culling or controlling invasive species  ::)

Offline Finnt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Nov 09, 2019, 08:33 AM »
Deep slush ,wind, trash and people that I don't know touching my stuff . I had a guy walk up to my flip over and unzipped my door and asked me how was the fishing was going I told him to back off  and zip the door up or he was going to lose an eye from my gaff. People have no respect  or morals,  I don't mind if somebody asked hows it going but don't touch my chit. I will help others out if they show some respect and not acting  like a entitled  jackwag.

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Nov 09, 2019, 08:46 AM »
I have one more but unrelated to ice fishing...sort of. USE THE DAMN SPELL CHECK IN YOUR POSTS!!! Every phone and computer has it. I didn't have anything close to that when I went to school...we had to learn it. Call me the grammar or spelling police...I don't care. Very sad.☹
.      X2! All misspelled or suspected mispelled  words just naturally catch my eye.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #56 on: Nov 14, 2019, 01:02 PM »
When I'm getting all the ice stuff organized and I CAN'T FIND MY DANG SPUD! :%$#!: Especially early (like right now, can't put my hands on it) and late ice. Doesn't help my stuff is scattered between here Oconomowoc and Three Lakes.

If  I can't find it I will buy one. Of course, at some point that will go missing as well. Probably bought at least 4 in the last 20 years and the only one I can for sure put my hands on is the next one I'll buy in the store. Think I'll name that one "Number Five".  ::)
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Nov 14, 2019, 03:37 PM »
Trash is my big one.  The other is when I'm catching and guys start moving in on me.  Go find your own fish.
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #58 on: Nov 14, 2019, 06:00 PM »
When I'm getting all the ice stuff organized and I CAN'T FIND MY DANG SPUD :%$#!:

Mike, It could have been the Don Julio Reposado.  :roflmao: :roflmao:

WS

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Nov 14, 2019, 06:16 PM »
No ice and too much snow! If I can’t get around with my quad I’m not having much fun.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.