Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1684132 times)

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #5881 on: Nov 15, 2019, 08:11 AM »
Fleet Farm just sent out their Black Friday preview ad and they will have the Striker Hardwater jacket and bibs on sale for $129.99 each.

Wow, great deal, wonder if it can be bought online too? Now which is better, this or the Predator......Since my fiasko with the sizing on the Eskimo lockout, I might just sell the jacket and get into the striker instead.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #5882 on: Nov 15, 2019, 08:16 AM »
Fleet Farm just sent out their Black Friday preview ad and they will have the Striker Hardwater jacket and bibs on sale for $129.99 each.

Only available at this price 11/29 - 30.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5883 on: Nov 15, 2019, 08:33 AM »
Only available at this price 11/29 - 30.

Right, but will it be online too? Anybody familiar what they did last year? My understanding is that this is the ultimate outdoor tournament suit,  warmer than the Predator?

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5884 on: Nov 15, 2019, 08:39 AM »
Right, but will it be online too? Anybody familiar what they did last year? My understanding is that this is the ultimate outdoor tournament suit,  warmer than the Predator?
Yes, this is significantly warmer than the predator, and has a thicker fabric (600D vs 320D).  I have the Hardwater, and when I walk out, I normally need to unzip the jacket so I don't overheat.  This is an amazing price, and a price that you normally only see at end of year clearance.  If I was in the market, I'd stay up until 12:01am on the 29th to purchase if they allow online sales, just to make sure it doesn't sell out.

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5885 on: Nov 15, 2019, 08:40 AM »
I believe it goes from warmest: Climate, hardwater then predator

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5886 on: Nov 15, 2019, 08:41 AM »
Yes, this is significantly warmer than the predator, and has a thicker fabric (600D vs 320D).  I have the Hardwater, and when I walk out, I normally need to unzip the jacket so I don't overheat.  This is an amazing price, and a price that you normally only see at end of year clearance.  If I was in the market, I'd stay up until 12:01am on the 29th to purchase if they allow online sales, just to make sure it doesn't sell out.

Is the sizing accurate on the hardwater set?

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #5887 on: Nov 15, 2019, 08:42 AM »
I don't know if they'll ship it but I did order online with store pickup last year. Missed some of the items as you're at their mercy of when they go to pick your stuff.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5888 on: Nov 15, 2019, 08:48 AM »

Several years ago I was able to buy a Striker Suit  ,the Hardwater sister style forgot the name, for a gift online from their Black Friday ad/pricing ..they are under new management now ..things may have  changed .. this maybe a doorbuster item too ..so usually its a no go. My suggestion is to make an account with Mills Fleet Farm.. place it in your cart and wait till 1201 AM on Friday and give it a shoot..Believe the ad says Hardwater.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5889 on: Nov 15, 2019, 08:50 AM »

Yes ..my buddy used my Climate suit  as a guide in large to purchase his Large Hardwater Suit.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5890 on: Nov 15, 2019, 10:25 AM »
Does the hardwater suit still have the knee pads?  That feature alone might make me grab them to wear vs my climate bibs.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5891 on: Nov 15, 2019, 10:31 AM »
Does the hardwater suit still have the knee pads?  That feature alone might make me grab them to wear vs my climate bibs.

https://strikerbrands.com/products/hardwater-bib

Offline JigDragger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5893 on: Nov 15, 2019, 01:18 PM »
Does anyone know of any places online that do sales for tire chains for atvs or any good sites you guys have used to buy chains? In the market for two sets.

Offline Ice Thunder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5894 on: Nov 15, 2019, 09:00 PM »

I thought the parka was a little small and the bibs were close, so I'm normally a 2XL and I bought the 3XL and I'm happy with them.

One thing, I usually take a tall if I can find them, but the Striker talls are for NBA players, I'm ONLY 6' 7" and a tall was way too long.

Offline Newman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5895 on: Nov 15, 2019, 09:24 PM »

Hi
Cabela’s in Canada has pre Black Friday sale. Otter xth  pro lodge hub $100 off
For $399 . Good price in Canada!
                                      Thanks

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/112151/otter-outdoors-xth-pro-lodge-hub

Offline tlzkaasen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5896 on: Nov 16, 2019, 04:26 AM »

+1 - I've used the Stryker Hardwater Jacket and bibs for 4 years now.  That price is incredible (hard to believe to be honest) and I feel the warmest combo I've worn on the ice.

Good Luck
Alva Lake in Harshaw, WI (15 minutes to Rhinelander, Tomahawk and Minocqua)

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5897 on: Nov 16, 2019, 06:47 AM »

Offline ndsumiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5898 on: Nov 16, 2019, 01:20 PM »
Reed's is having their Pre-Black Friday sale currently. 15% off, check the exclusions list, but promo code: 5Day15OFF.

I've always had great luck with them on anything hunting/fishing I've ordered from them online or in store. Knowledgeable too, so don't be afraid to call if you are curious about something.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5899 on: Nov 16, 2019, 02:10 PM »
Reed's is having their Pre-Black Friday sale currently. 15% off, check the exclusions list, but promo code: 5Day15OFF.

I've always had great luck with them on anything hunting/fishing I've ordered from them online or in store. Knowledgeable too, so don't be afraid to call if you are curious about something.

Dang beat me to it..  dont forget the free shipping on $100+orders on top that no code needed..

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5900 on: Nov 16, 2019, 02:24 PM »

Dang beat me to it..  dont forget the free shipping on $100+orders on top that no code needed..

Yeah looks like they increased the under $100 shipping some too ..so fill that cart.

the site is new ..and frustratingly wonky

Offline pikemann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5901 on: Nov 16, 2019, 05:17 PM »
Sportsman Warehouse Black Friday
Eskimo Quickfish 5 ice shelter
Sale $229.99
Reg  $319.99

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5902 on: Nov 16, 2019, 06:26 PM »

I have bought some fairly high price items from reeds. Very easy to work with, good customer service. And yes if you have questions call them, they will take care of you.
Keep it safe! JDL

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5903 on: Nov 16, 2019, 07:10 PM »
Sportsman Warehouse Black Friday
Eskimo Quickfish 5 ice shelter
Sale $229.99
Reg  $319.99

Not seeing the word i insulated anywhere in the ad or on their sites product descrption ..does Eskimo make a 5 sided non insulated?

Offline pikemann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5904 on: Nov 16, 2019, 07:31 PM »
Yes, the eskimo 5 and 5i. The one on sale is a non insulated shelter.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #5905 on: Nov 17, 2019, 04:23 AM »
[/quote
I’m a bigger guy 6’6 and I weigh 220/230 any givin day. I like my coats a little big but bibs just right. I have a set in 2x and the jacket is perfect for me, bibs are actually a little tall. That’s the best I can do for info on sizing
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5906 on: Nov 17, 2019, 04:29 AM »
American Angler Pro Electric Fillet Knife - $66.33!  Lowest price ever!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CWX4JTG?psc=1

DN

DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5907 on: Nov 17, 2019, 07:36 AM »
Thanks DN. Picked one up for my Dad for Christmas!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5908 on: Nov 17, 2019, 07:55 AM »
If it’ll be his first one, tell him to be patient learning to use it.  There is a learning curve, but once he masters it, he should be able to do this.

Great buy!  Congrats!

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5909 on: Nov 17, 2019, 08:51 AM »
Nice unit. That is a very good price!
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.