The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: WIND  (Read 1095 times)

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
WIND
« on: Feb 09, 2019, 06:31 AM »
WOW, so much for fishing in portables last night, the wind was brutal!

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: WIND
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2019, 06:57 AM »
The roar of the wind coming off the lake kept me awake all night. I have a funeral to go to so fishing today wasn't in the cards. I  just saw a guy go by on his wheeler looking for perch. Going to be a lot of buckets and sleds going for a ride today and a popup would be suicide. With this wind and no snow on the ice tip ups could get blown right out of the holes. Hope all the people fishing the Islands Derby stay safe.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline Adam.love05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2019, 07:21 AM »
Yea, I experienced that last year with a fold over.. Slid for about 50 yards.. No fun.. Tomorrow is going to be better so family day today for me!

Good luck to everyone in the Derby, stay safe

Offline EyERipLip

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Above the Ice, under the influence
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2019, 09:29 AM »
It was a lil nerve wracking even in a pop up camper shanty yesterday!!! She was blowing. Had two tip ups hop outa the hole and head down the lake!! Sunday looks much nicer

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:52 AM »
Anyone else have a hard time with the wind gusts Friday thru Saturday?

Offline dave b.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • waitin for winter
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2019, 11:38 AM »
I was the only one fishing on Lake Rescue on Saturday . Wind was strong, I didn’t attempt putting up my pop up shelter.  Wasn’t sure if I gott it up if I would be able to get it back down and in it’s bag. Anything that could blow away was gone in a heartbeat. Chased down gloves and had tip ups come partially out of the hole. The bigger lakes must have been brutal. If you fished Champlain or willoughby on Saturday I hope you had a way to get out of the wind.

Offline peteinvermont

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2019, 12:43 PM »
I was the only one fishing on Lake Rescue on Saturday . Wind was strong, I didn’t attempt putting up my pop up shelter.  Wasn’t sure if I gott it up if I would be able to get it back down and in it’s bag. Anything that could blow away was gone in a heartbeat. Chased down gloves and had tip ups come partially out of the hole. The bigger lakes must have been brutal. If you fished Champlain or willoughby on Saturday I hope you had a way to get out of the wind.

Did you catch anything?  I fish lakes in that same area, and I find very little success on the windy days, but it might all be in my imagination. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.