Author Topic: Infinite Thread  (Read 134725 times)

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Kicked Off Town Lake by Police
« Reply #90 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:48 PM »
Don't drive angry!!   don't drive angry......side of the eye,     side of the eye
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:50 PM »
then take your whining and crying to your board.  What he did was wrong.....no need to keep harping on it

Who are you, the moderator? This is an open forum. He made a post, and I responded. No lurking, it was right there on the home page for all to see. The OP as well as others have responded to my postings. I'm just responding to that, just like anyone else could do. State lines do not matter in this case. If you don't like it, don't continue to follow the thread.

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #92 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:52 PM »
I love threads like this!  I love the debates/discussion as long as guys don't start attacking each other.  I also enjoy gaining some perspective on the person behind the name.

Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline DannyBoy74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:57 PM »
Phil, like the groundhog Phil? Look out for your shadow there pal. Sad thing is I was trying to the friendly midwestern thing and really hoped the fellow knew something or had an opinion on the festival because I would really like to go sometime.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:57 PM »
On a more light hearted note. I was wondering about the Groundhog Festival in PA is it any fun? I would like to take the wife and kids some year. Groundhog Day is one of my favorite movies of all time. The movie was actually filmed in Woodstock Il for the most part. Lets Pennsylvania Polka Frankie Yankovic style.

At one time it was quite a party, but not so much anymore. They still draw the crowd though. If you ever came over, there are a lot of interesting things to do within a hr's drive or so. The Quecreek Mine, and Flight 93 memorials are not too far away either.

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #95 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:58 PM »
Eddie,  You don't need my invitation but you can come visit Indiana anytime.
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline DannyBoy74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:59 PM »
Would much rather be fishing  FYI but I have a nasty upper respiratory infection. I love checking in on this site in the evening but would rather be fishing.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:00 PM »
Don't drive angry!!   don't drive angry......side of the eye,     side of the eye

"that not bad for a quadruped"   

Offline DannyBoy74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:00 PM »
Thanks Eddie.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:02 PM »
Eddie,  You don't need my invitation but you can come visit Indiana anytime.

Thanks Bret!

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:06 PM »
Thanks Eddie.

You ever come out for it, you let me know. We have some decent fishing here in WesternPA.

Offline DannyBoy74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:15 PM »
Will do.

Offline stag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's what I do....
« Reply #102 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:20 PM »
you Pennsylvania guys must really be bored
lmao...exactly what I was thinking....
Duane

Offline stag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's what I do....
« Reply #103 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:29 PM »
dont forget his biggest gripe was that he missed the evening crappie bite-----guess his poaching got interrupted?
Its not about a "season" like you must have up there in wonderful NY...here we can legally catch fish during any "season"...if there was not ice he could fish and no prob....understand? Or should I break it down for you ???
Duane

Offline stag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's what I do....
« Reply #104 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:30 PM »
The lake is closed to ice fishing, wouldn't any fish taken while breaking this law be akin to poaching?
Ummmm...NO
Duane

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #105 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:39 PM »
Its not about a "season" like you must have up there in wonderful NY...here we can legally catch fish during any "season"...if there was not ice he could fish and no prob....understand? Or should I break it down for you ???

Fishing on a lake closed to fishing is just like hunting in a refuge. Its poaching. Season doesnt matter. If its private ita also tresspassing and theft if you keep any fish.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline stag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's what I do....
« Reply #106 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:47 PM »
Fishing on a lake closed to fishing is just like hunting in a refuge. Its poaching. Season doesnt matter. If its private ita also tresspassing and theft if you keep any fish.
Its not closed to fishing....its closed to fishing from the ice....difference for sure.
Duane

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #107 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:48 PM »
Its not closed to fishing....its closed to fishing from the ice....difference for sure.

You're nuts. No difference at all. Its poaching plain and simple... Ask any warden.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #108 on: Feb 01, 2015, 03:33 PM »
I'm usually the one causing all the ruckus!  :flex: :flex: :flex:

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #109 on: Feb 01, 2015, 05:50 PM »
Agree ^^^^.  If you chose to break the law, don't blame the police, the law itself or someone who called to enforce the law.  Taking responsibility for ones actions seems to happen less and less with each generation that gets born.  It is always someone else's fault now days.  There are certainly exceptions to this as I know several young guys that own what they do.  Instead the OP and CS37 decided to attack those from another state because they questioned their illegal actions?  Anyone see a pattern here?
professor waxy why am I included in his illegal actions sir spewman?

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #110 on: Feb 01, 2015, 06:43 PM »
professor waxy why am I included in his illegal actions sir spewman?

I didn't say you participated in his illegal activities.  Were you not bagging on the guys from PA, for calling him out for breaking the law and them blaming it on others?  That is why you were included and the name calling above further proves the point I was making.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #111 on: Feb 01, 2015, 06:47 PM »
Heck by Stag's logic if you want a snack you can break into a closed convenience store take what you want and leave some cash on the counter to cover what you stole and it is OK because shopping is allowed there 'sometimes'.   ::)  The OP would probably blame the store owner for calling the police too.

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #112 on: Feb 01, 2015, 06:51 PM »
What a stupid post.

Break the law -- I don't care (as long as it doesn't effect me) -- but own up to it and accept the outcome if you are caught.

Taking fish in an illegal manner (ice fishing when ice fishing is not permitted) is poaching -- all poachers should be stoned.  Stag's logic is flawed, snagging is illegal in some places, but fishing is legal -- based on his logic if you snag you are not poaching because fishing is permitted.

We all break laws from time to time, but if I get a ticket I accept it, pay the fine, and move on.

Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #113 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:03 PM »
Heck by Stag's logic if you want a snack you can break into a closed convenience store take what you want and leave some cash on the counter to cover what you stole and it is OK because shopping is allowed there 'sometimes'.   ::)  The OP would probably blame the store owner for calling the police too.
now you know I'm just giving you a hard time wax. I consider you a friend even though I haven't ever met you. I respect you very much as a fisherman and a person. You are always willing to help everyone The best you can. Its just a funny post and I bit. My bad lol.

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #114 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:26 PM »
What a stupid post.

Break the law -- I don't care (as long as it doesn't effect me) -- but own up to it and accept the outcome if you are caught.

Taking fish in an illegal manner (ice fishing when ice fishing is not permitted) is poaching -- all poachers should be stoned.  Stag's logic is flawed, snagging is illegal in some places, but fishing is legal -- based on his logic if you snag you are not poaching because fishing is permitted.

We all break laws from time to time, but if I get a ticket I accept it, pay the fine, and move on.
.  I would assume that you aren't ticketed very often for something you really feel is rediculous. Because then just paying the fine and moving on would do nothing for you. At some point you would get fed up of the stupidity and really try to do something, like attend a board meeting or start a petition to get that law overturned. Which is what I would suggest the OP to do. You would probably get an idea of why it's posted that way, and what could be done about getting it changed!

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #115 on: Feb 01, 2015, 07:41 PM »
.  I would assume that you aren't ticketed very often for something you really feel is rediculous. Because then just paying the fine and moving on would do nothing for you. At some point you would get fed up of the stupidity and really try to do something, like attend a board meeting or start a petition to get that law overturned. Which is what I would suggest the OP to do. You would probably get an idea of why it's posted that way, and what could be done about getting it changed!

I have had a few tickets in my days. 

Underage drinking in college - minor possession (consumption)
Probably half a dozen speeding tickets.
Last winter I got two tickets for "fishing without permission" -- one was fishing in a posted no trespassing area at an old quarry, the other in a state park before the posted 8AM enter time (ticketed at 7:37) -- the state park one was BS because the gate was open, but at the end of the day the sign does say park opens at 8am, you don't see me whining about it.

I knew what I was doing during the acts.  I accepted it and paid the fines.  Also my time is more valuable than fighting a ticket when I can just pay the 120 and be done with it

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:02 PM »
I have had a few tickets in my days. 

Underage drinking in college - minor possession (consumption)
Probably half a dozen speeding tickets.
Last winter I got two tickets for "fishing without permission" -- one was fishing in a posted no trespassing area at an old quarry, the other in a state park before the posted 8AM enter time (ticketed at 7:37) -- the state park one was BS because the gate was open, but at the end of the day the sign does say park opens at 8am, you don't see me whining about it.

I knew what I was doing during the acts.  I accepted it and paid the fines.  Also my time is more valuable than fighting a ticket when I can just pay the 120 and be done with it

Ok, so everyone should just give in to a bunch of stupid laws or ordinances because it's easier and their time is more valuable than that? Where would you draw the line? I'm just saying that if the OP really thinks that there shouldn't be a posted sign on the lake, there are certain steps he could, and maybe even should take to get it overturned. Paying a ticket, and doing nothing else would do nothing for that.

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #117 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:13 PM »

Ok, so everyone should just give in to a bunch of stupid laws or ordinances because it's easier and their time is more valuable than that? Where would you draw the line? I'm just saying that if the OP really thinks that there shouldn't be a posted sign on the lake, there are certain steps he could, and maybe even should take to get it overturned. Paying a ticket, and doing nothing else would do nothing for that.

You are barking up the wrong tree.  Do what you want: fight it, challenge it, push for change --  I don't care, but until there is change in the law don't whine about it. 

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #118 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:17 PM »
You are barking up the wrong tree.  Do what you want: fight it, challenge it, push for change --  I don't care, but until there is change in the law don't whine about it.
you spelled win wrong  ;D

Offline Zktaylor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #119 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:18 PM »
What's going on in here :callcops: :callcops: lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.