New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: snagger sighting?  (Read 16891 times)

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
Re: snagger sighting?
« Reply #90 on: Nov 02, 2009, 09:43 PM »
not taking this week off...next week with Veterans Day as being my all time favorite day for Bow Hunting (9th,10,11th) then taking the full week of Thanksgiving off...gotta Love November.......
  You should sneak over this week too!  ::) Cato NY, I used to drive through there all the time when I lived in Ithaca, went to many a concerts at weedsport back in the day!  ;D Catch ya later!
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #91 on: Nov 02, 2009, 10:53 PM »
SNAGGER YOU NEED  A  HOVERCRAFT THEN YOU COULD ICE FISH ALL YEAR

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #92 on: Nov 03, 2009, 08:53 AM »
ahhh haaaa  i found where  snagger  has been hiding   :roflmao: i hear the  nov the best month i find myself wanting to fill the tags so i can get back to fishing and  have time to  check a few  traps :)

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #93 on: Nov 03, 2009, 12:19 PM »
my goal for this season... "to catch 3 eyes in one day...." its funny I can do it from a boat, and I can do it with waders...but never been able to catch 3 through the ice....

Concentrate on the necked down areas adjacent to the humps and flats. I find these areas to be very productive mid-winter. They usually have a nice mix of Jumbos and Walleyes funneling through. Also don't think mid-day is always a bust, I have good success on the 40+ ft. flats after 10:00- 11:00. Many times while there were mile high skys and blazing sun! The mid season bite could be tough, but this is when you need to try different things. Peak period structure fishin is always your high percentage time to be fishing, but when 9-9:30 rolls around and you only have one, two or none to show for your efforts, don't automatically assume the eyes are done till evening. Thats when you start looking deeper, fishing flats and STAYING MOBILE!!! I don't think I've ever been out there, and didn't have persistence and determination pay off.I also believe that the mid-winter period is the best time for mid-day walleyes...Most folks assume just the opposite, but ALWAYS march to the beat of your OWN drum..Before you know it you've assembled your own mid-winter pattern for icing more eyes!

-OR-

FOLLOW SNAGGER!!!! :whistle:
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #94 on: Nov 03, 2009, 09:29 PM »
Follow Snagger??......I'm a walker, but not sure I like walking that far....I require far to many beer breaks (.......hey lets drill some holes here and see if something bites for awhile......if nothing happens in an hour well move on that direction  ;D 8) :afro:)

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Nov 04, 2009, 11:00 AM »
  Hey Ice Addict your PM box is full again!  >:(   Mid day is my favorite time and sometimes most frustrating! I don't get frustrated easy, unless the weather is really nasty(7th year without a shanty & put 28 days on there last year)  I love walking around out deeper and looking for schools of walleye, and I do find them quite often. getting them to hit and loosing them at the hole is my biggest problem, But that's the challenging part of Ice Fishing. I'm stubborn and will not use a power auger, so I drill small 6 inch holes. I never take the transducer out of the hole either, just real the fish right up through it, I leave the floaty thing out on the ice and set my finder on it! I rarelly make daybreak, always have coffee with Rick and the guys at the bait shop( I really enjoy that) and get out there one hour after sun up! So I probably bring on the hard bite on myself!  So many little things to be successful at ice fishing, just got to remember to do them!  Now I'm really ready for ice, I'm gonna go look for my notes from last year now!!  ;D

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #96 on: Nov 04, 2009, 12:29 PM »
Ok Snagger, In-box all empty! I hear ya about being ready! I just hope this " el-nino" doesn't deal us a messy hand this year, but I have a bad feeling it will. Only thing we can hope for is that the melt downs come after a good hard solid base is already established, and they don't last to long. Last years Ice was truely AWESOME!!! I just hope we can experience those conditions again, sometimes that don't happen but once in a blue moon.

I know what you mean about the bait shop comradery, thats one of my favorite things to do! We also do it after fishing and at all different times of the day. So you don't have to miss that PRECIOUS first light bite! Mornings are my absolute favorite time to be on the ice, not just for the action, which is usually about the BEST of the day, but for the beauty and serenity of it all!

So basically I guess what I'm trying to tell you is GET YOUR #@$!*&* BUTT OUT THERE!!!  ;D

I usually use a 7" or 8" hole, and lose my share of fish, but I almost always rip that transducer out of the water..
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Nov 04, 2009, 01:40 PM »
  Heres how I rip the fish up through the hole without damaging the transducer cord, DUCT TAPE, 5 hard years and tons of hooks in that tape! I know other people who are on there 2nd and 3rd transducer because of damaged cords!

Heres some waldo's too get you pumped up for Ice!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Nov 05, 2009, 12:56 AM »
I just hope this " el-nino" doesn't deal us a messy hand this year, but I have a bad feeling it will.
I got a bad feeling about The El Nino Too!! There will be good ice everywhere but Oneida Lake and Sandy pond because of wind and frequent meltdowns!  Maybe we will get lucky, there forcasting above normal temps in the western U.S., but average here in the Northeast. They say there could be a active east coast storm track, if that comes true, it will be cold here in upstate N.Y.! I got my fingers crossed, did a little jigging rapping tonight at the canal to get practiced up for the ice!                                            I am ready man! Bring on the Ice!!!!

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #99 on: Nov 05, 2009, 08:40 PM »
October/November gets me revved up for the sunrises (because of hunting) so I'm in tune with getting up at 4:30am, to be at our locations at or around sunrise with a fresh cup of coffee........Love that.........my wife thinks I should be admitted for watching the 11:00 news and get 4-5 hours sleep just to watch the sun come up (usually in a diffrent county)............just depends on which month of the year it is, and what species I'm after...........

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Nov 06, 2009, 01:35 AM »
October/November gets me revved up for the sunrises (because of hunting) so I'm in tune with getting up at 4:30am, to be at our locations at or around sunrise with a fresh cup of coffee........Love that.........my wife thinks I should be admitted for watching the 11:00 news and get 4-5 hours sleep just to watch the sun come up (usually in a diffrent county)............just depends on which month of the year it is, and what species I'm after...........
 As you can see I'm on the exact opposite schedule right now for eyes, then daybreak in winter, back to night owl for spring eyes, summer construction up before sunrise, salmon season 2 months up at 9 am, then back to this. an 89 year old guest says the key to a long life is regular eating and sleeping pattern. After all the partying he seen me do for 20 years and Mason tending, and my fishing schedules, He's suprized I'm still alive! I'm not long for this world, but sure did make the BEST OF IT SO FAR MAN!!!!      You are right though, all the pictures you see are sun sets. I like sunrise better. Sunsets means it's almost over on the ice, sunrise you still have all day to look forward too!  Maybe we'll run into each other on Oneida sometime meathunter, I fish alone alot!

Heres a pic from Williams beach with 2 close friends!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #101 on: Jan 06, 2010, 12:06 PM »
                      BUMP!!

Brought this back that CNY started, talk all you want about anything!!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #102 on: Jan 06, 2010, 12:13 PM »
better not  once it gets to  be the most popular thread  and someone says  something   that  moderators  don't agree with it  will be frozen =)).....  howdy  snagger  whats up  son!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #103 on: Jan 06, 2010, 12:18 PM »
better not  once it gets to  be the most popular thread  and someone says  something   that  moderators  don't agree with it  will be frozen =)).....  howdy  snagger  whats up  son!
   This persistant snow is killing me, not up here, could care less if we got 10 feet, it might as well be 60 degrees right now down at Oneida though..

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #104 on: Jan 06, 2010, 12:38 PM »
snagger how  much snow is on sandy pond  right  now?

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #105 on: Jan 06, 2010, 01:28 PM »
   I took a drive yesterday over that way, I'd say 18-20 inches on the ground,decent drifts near fields  but didn't go to the pond, just Sandy Creek. was looking for a local army navy store for mickey's, plus just bored as hell... it's breezy up here right now, just got done shoveling last nights 3 inches of fluff..

Offline jersey dave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #106 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:21 PM »
Snagger check out the what an idiot thread

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.