New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Is anyone up for a gathering on Lake George?  (Read 17904 times)

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
Re: Is anyone up for a gathering on Lake George?
« Reply #120 on: Feb 14, 2010, 08:35 AM »
Jimi - I'll have my power auger with me if you want to borrow it. (If i make it there before you're done!!) Look for the Rover2.0 DX and the Black polaris. I'll be goin for perch, so I'll be inland a bit, but no reason to make you hand crank! although it would be fun to watch... ;D

Zak
When the waters hard, so am I.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #121 on: Feb 14, 2010, 08:40 AM »
haha you think that would  be fun to watch. i was on south bay a couple weeks ago hand crankin threw about 16inches. now that was funny to watch. taking breaks, taking of layers, panting like a dog. im not sure how far out im gonna be but iill keep an eye out for you and will deffinetly take you up on that offer. unless my buddy gets on my nervs on the way up, then hell be drilling. ;D

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #122 on: Feb 14, 2010, 08:47 AM »
Im gonna throw some dead suckers down  in the perch grounds..most of the time someone gets a big laker that way  when the perch feeding frenzie is on long as this wont disrupt anyone...also may have the wife ddrop the kids off later weather permitting!
*REMOVED*

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #123 on: Feb 14, 2010, 08:53 AM »
im thinkin about doing the same thing. im gonna be with one of my buddies so well just be taking up two lines of five not too much space. but ill be jiggin for perch too. i havnt done a lot of it and want to giv e it a try. can you guys suggest some jigs for me to go out and buy or at least look threw my stuff and see if i ahve any.

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #124 on: Feb 14, 2010, 08:54 AM »
Ha ha alright! Maybe we should have him drill anyways, I'll swing in halfway through his last hole and offer it up. The ice is pretty dang thick. I was up there watching the fireworks last night, they had trucks and everything else out there, it's gotta be SOLID

Offline fishngameguy2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #125 on: Feb 14, 2010, 08:59 AM »
im thinkin about doing the same thing. im gonna be with one of my buddies so well just be taking up two lines of five not too much space. but ill be jiggin for perch too. i havnt done a lot of it and want to giv e it a try. can you guys suggest some jigs for me to go out and buy or at least look threw my stuff and see if i ahve any.

Very small, white or black, no swivel, extremely light line, hide the hook with grubs hooked through the head, spring tip or lighter poll and dead stick for the lite bite. If no electronics...couple cranks off the bottom...Hope this helps.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #126 on: Feb 14, 2010, 09:30 AM »
just looking to see roughly how many plan on being there at around 530 or so  and who's looking for the lakers
combsey i'll be there early and try working for lakers,unless the bite sux then i'll switch up for perch,i'm not going to have any tip ups but i'll prolly have some of those laker rigs for the "big bait"

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #127 on: Feb 14, 2010, 06:16 PM »
I will definitely be there by 5:30. Maybe earlier. I plan to put out tipups not to far out.  I've caught plenty of keeper lakers in shallow. It doesn't bother me a bit to have guys jigging through my spread whether I know them or not. I'm not sure how much jigging i'll do. I will probably do more chit chatting than jigging.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #128 on: Feb 14, 2010, 06:34 PM »
combsey i'll be there early and try working for lakers,unless the bite sux then i'll switch up for perch,i'm not going to have any tip ups but i'll prolly have some of those laker rigs for the "big bait"
You won't catch anything logan don't even bother. Oh I will also add that you look pretty cute in that minivan you were in the other day LMAO

On a serious note I'm not going to be able to make it. I'll be in NJ for import vs domestic spanking up on some v8's. I won't be back until sunday night.
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #129 on: Feb 14, 2010, 06:45 PM »
You won't catch anything logan don't even bother. Oh I will also add that you look pretty cute in that minivan you were in the other day LMAO

On a serious note I'm not going to be able to make it. I'll be in NJ for import vs domestic spanking up on some v8's. I won't be back until sunday night.
We don't wanna see any Subaru's out there anyway. Kidding man.
I didn't know you had a minivan mealworm. As long as it doesn't have wood on the side...You're good. Chicks in Hudson Falls love minivans.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #130 on: Feb 14, 2010, 07:36 PM »
thats the "money bus" my company vehicle that i beat the p*** out of on weekends when on call or running for parts and what not,oh yeah shes pimpin baby,but it sure beats putting all those miles on my truck

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #131 on: Feb 15, 2010, 04:37 AM »
thats the "money bus" my company vehicle that i beat the p*** out of on weekends when on call or running for parts and what not,oh yeah shes pimpin baby,but it sure beats putting all those miles on my truck
I say you cut some holes in the floor for the 7th. Lay the carpet right back over them when your done...blame it on someone else.

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #132 on: Feb 15, 2010, 05:28 PM »
Holes? What holes? ..... HOLY CRAP!!!!! HOW'D THOSE GET THERE????? Dang KIDS! :whistle:

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #133 on: Feb 15, 2010, 06:08 PM »
I say you cut some holes in the floor for the 7th. Lay the carpet right back over them when your done...blame it on someone else.
dude now thats an idea,we do lone thew "bus out to people who are having work done on there cars,oh but wait my boss is no dummy,as much as i talk about ice fishin he'd know exactly who and where those holes came from

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #134 on: Feb 15, 2010, 06:21 PM »
oh yeah looks like i can't make it on the 7th my boss is going snowmobilng so i don't have anyone to cover for me...sux,but if i'm out and about near the beach i may try to stop out for a little bit anyway,i just won't be able to fish

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #135 on: Feb 16, 2010, 05:09 AM »
Dangit! Got a freaking birthday party for a 1 year old to go to that sunday now. why do 1 year olds have birthday parties? they'll never remember them! Grrr, whatever. I'll just fish my @$$ off until noon or so, then unfortunately leave and go there. Unless i'm having too good of a time. I'm still on for 5 though.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #136 on: Feb 16, 2010, 06:17 AM »
That's cool guys. Gotta have life outside of fishing too...I guess. Little kids b-day parties can be some killer milf fests. Kidding...well...
Mealworm-Call the celly man on your way over. We'll have a pole with a big fat pimple on it and the hole already drilled. There will be plenty of ice for one of your work trucks by then. You won't even have to get out of the truck!

Offline troutaddict33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #137 on: Feb 16, 2010, 06:57 AM »
Little kids b-day parties can be some killer milf fests.

hahaha

Offline Fishinkidd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #138 on: Feb 16, 2010, 07:06 AM »
Little kids b-day parties can be some killer milf fests.

Haha .... That is about the only thing I look forward too when going to one of those!

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #139 on: Feb 16, 2010, 03:42 PM »
I never looked at it that way before... I'm kinda excited now. But then again, ice fishing season only comes but once a year, MILF season is open all year! Hmmm... I'll keep you posted. I'll be fishing either way, milfs just determine how long! 8)

Offline andycapp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #140 on: Feb 16, 2010, 04:21 PM »
Anyone fishing the Hague Derby?? I want to target Atlantic's. Between the 4 of us that is 20 tipups. Add to that anyone else than knows where to find them. Anyone? 

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #141 on: Feb 16, 2010, 05:10 PM »
I'm not much of a derby guy. I'm not dead against it. I just choose to not fish them. I like to fly off the cuff and fish as long as I want. What weekend is it? I do have the following weekend off.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #142 on: Feb 16, 2010, 08:51 PM »
Would anyone else care to jon us? Our thread has been a little quiet.

Offline andycapp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #143 on: Feb 17, 2010, 03:58 AM »
It's 2/26-2/27 The registration is Hague Beach. It's $15. Kids under 16 are free. I am looking for Atlantic's. I have some ideas, but I have never been to any of these spots. It's a learning experience for the Derby just makes me fish harder. I will keep mixing it up until I hit something. It would be great if there was someone that had been there done that kinda thing.

Offline FishinJenn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ME! :)
« Reply #144 on: Feb 17, 2010, 03:16 PM »
I'm pretty sure you can count us in, how far are out are you planning on going? Sounds like quite a few on foot. We're usually on foot, though suppose we could drive the SUV out. We live right here in LG .
Kids who hunt, fish and trap...dont mug little old ladies.

<span style='display:block !important; width: 170px; text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12px;'><a

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #145 on: Feb 17, 2010, 03:34 PM »
I'm going to have my little ones dropped off to me on the ice (thanks uncle tank) so I don't plan on heading out to far. Hopefully I can get them on some perch then send them home to mom tired and covered in scales.lol. 

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #146 on: Feb 17, 2010, 03:54 PM »
ill probibly gonna go out pretty far. hoping to get the tip ups outs out ofr lakers and salmon but stay close enough too the perch

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #147 on: Feb 18, 2010, 05:18 AM »
I'm not on foot, but I am lazy and mainly gonna be jiggin for perch, so I'll be semi inland, 35 FOW +/-

Offline tankdelivers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #148 on: Feb 20, 2010, 08:00 AM »
i'm not drivin out on the ice even though everyone else probably will.  Especially with three kids in the back....so, lets keep the walkin minimal heh?

Offline DShooo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #149 on: Feb 21, 2010, 10:45 AM »
Would anyone else care to jon us? Our thread has been a little quiet.

Count me in...providing I'm not too beat up from the Schroon Lake Derby...
Do you think the ice/shoreline will hold up with the bout of weather coming our way?
I'd rather be fishing...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.