The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Crooked Creek  (Read 842 times)

Offline 4icefish

• IceShanty Rookie
Crooked Creek
« on: Jan 14, 2013, 08:41 PM »
Did anyone get up to Crooked Creek This past weekend?  I was curuous how the road is going in and how much snow is on the ice?

Offline bowhtr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Crooked Creek
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2013, 08:53 PM »
Is that all you wanted to know?  I would have asked where is a good spot to start fishing?  How did you do there?  Hows the ice conditions?  Did you do any night fishing for Cropies?
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º'>

BOWHTR

Offline MTangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Here fishy fishy fishy.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2013, 09:22 PM »
I was going to go there this weekend but I don't own a four wheeler. So I scrapped that idea because everyone tells me how its a must to get to decent fishing. Making the haul to hell creek instead.But if anyone tells me different than I might change my mind for the third time  ;D

MTA

Offline TJet Apprentice45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2013, 10:21 PM »
You can walk in at crooked creek, it's not all that bad.  we did 1.76 on the GPS three weeks ago out into the bay.  Fished 7 ft of water, iced some nice northerns, a walleye and even a perch.  A wheeler is ideal, but if you don't have one it'd definately doable.  Ice was 7-9 depending on the holes, and closer to ten in the areas it was more shallow.
Slugs "N" Sinkers Jet Boating

Offline double_a85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2013, 11:31 AM »
Anyone know if you can pick up minnows at Winnett or will I need to get em in Billings before I head up to Crooked Creek?

Offline NorthernAngler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 38.5 Inches of Power
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2013, 11:33 AM »
Get them in Billings...
NorthernAnglers - "You Catch It, I'll Put It On The Wall"

Offline double_a85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2013, 11:36 AM »
Thanks whiric--- Thats what I assumed... just going for the day on Saturday and wasn't feeling ambitious to run out to Huntley for a dozen on Friday... Guess I better suck it up in the name of fishing ;D

Offline flylinemt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Anyone know if you can pick up minnows at Winnett or will I need to get em in Billings before I head up to Crooked Creek?
we stopped at Winnet last may to get minnows & the lady said they weren't going to do minnows anymore.So Pryer bait or the Minnow Bucket would be your best bet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.