Author Topic: Looking to buy a NEW sled, for ice fishing and riding around. Recommendations?  (Read 12605 times)

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
Congrats!  Good luck with the new ride.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
you can get a brand new 2021 VK540 for $9700. its fan cooled with high/ low range. 20in. 154in 1 1/2in lugged track . has under seat storage with a large back rack. its fairly good on the trails since they improved the suspension a few years back. just picked up a lightly used 2020 and love it! no more getting stuck in deep snow or slush. if you need to break trail or pull a good sized shack, shift it into low range. no more burning  belts. things a tank and still very affordable compared to the others. #1 selling sled in Russia if that says anything ;).

Offline TheLionsFan

• Team IceShanty Regular
you can get a brand new 2021 VK540 for $9700. its fan cooled with high/ low range. 20in. 154in 1 1/2in lugged track . has under seat storage with a large back rack. its fairly good on the trails since they improved the suspension a few years back. just picked up a lightly used 2020 and love it! no more getting stuck in deep snow or slush. if you need to break trail or pull a good sized shack, shift it into low range. no more burning  belts. things a tank and still very affordable compared to the others. #1 selling sled in Russia if that says anything ;).

I definitely appreciate the info, however we ended up buying a new Polaris 2-up.  Just need some snow....

Thank you!

Offline TheLionsFan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well this got expensive since my last post to this topic...

After we were able to get the sled out on the lake, my wife fell in love with it and she had to have "her own" lol.  So after getting a new trailer to haul our first one, we quickly realized this wasn't going to work for TWO sleds.  I then realized how hard finding a new snowmobile trailer was going to be during Covid, but got super lucky and found a 13' hybrid.  She ordered the same sled as our first, but a year newer. 

That escalated quickly...lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.