The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hell Creek  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hell Creek
« on: Dec 05, 2023, 10:03 AM »
Was curious about lodging at Hell Creek: I've tried the 406-557-2345 number and get a recording to leave a message but cant get ahold of anyone to book a room there for fishing.. I"ve left messages as well but no one call's back???

Wondered if anyone might be able to help out on how to get lodging at Hell Creek..

Thanks in advance..

Marvin
Marvin

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
Re: Hell Creek
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2023, 01:03 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me if they took a little break after hunting season

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2023, 08:15 PM »
Thanks for the reply.. Guess we'll just keep trying the number i have..
Marvin

Offline PyroZuki

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dip-Dip-Jerk
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2023, 09:34 PM »
Was curious about lodging at Hell Creek: I've tried the 406-557-2345 number and get a recording to leave a message but cant get ahold of anyone to book a room there for fishing.. I"ve left messages as well but no one call's back???

Wondered if anyone might be able to help out on how to get lodging at Hell Creek..

Thanks in advance..

Marvin

Not my favorite style of communication, but have you tried to reach them through their bookface page?

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100063594789806

Or tried via their email?

[email protected]

Best of luck!

Pyro
I live in MT, so when I ain't huntin, I'm fishin!
Boy the way Glenn Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2023, 06:06 PM »
PyroZuki: No i havent tried the facebook way as i'm one of those older style gentleman that doesnt have/do Facebook. But i can and will try the Email route and see if i can get any response that way..

Thanks A Million- Really Appreciate it!!
Marvin

Offline missoulaicebeerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2023, 09:50 PM »
He takes off between hunting season and when it freezes it's his only time off.  Ive tried getting ahold of him this time of year...leave a Facebook message.  He tends to respond to that sooner than voicemail. Good luck!

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2023, 07:32 PM »
Finally heard back from Hell Creek Marina- Looks like everything is booked for june- So trying to see if there is anything open in July?  :'(..
Looking for other options as well- Motels in Jordan and such..  Never been there and guess that's why i'm late to the party..

Maybe they'll have a cancellation but i'm sure i wont be that lucky.. Thanks for everyone that help out along the way..
Marvin

Offline Fishy Fishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2023, 07:48 PM »
Garfield Motel isn’t bad.  I’ ve had good experiences with the owners in the past.

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2023, 10:15 AM »
Circle, which is just down the road from Jordan, has a motel as well. You could also consider camping along the Dry Arm, checking in with Rock Creek Marina, or even fishing the northern shore/dam area outside of Glasgow. Lots of options!

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2023, 09:05 AM »
Thanks for all the information and help along the way. I got lucky and rented an air bnb in Jordan for 4 nights. Not the ideal situation but at least i'll get to expierence Ft. Peck for the first time june 22-25 so should be some walleyes biting by then.. I have a buddy that will be there at hell creek with a trailer so can leave the boat with him at their campsite so will just have to do the Jordan/Hell Creek drive each morning which shouldnt be to bad..

Then i'll just book right then and there if its something we think we want to do year to year..

Thanks again for all the help!!
Marvin

Offline mtcommonwalleyeguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2023, 09:02 PM »
You'll have a great time at Hell Creek in late June. One of my favorite times of the year to fish there. Always lights out for me. Good luck!

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2023, 12:31 PM »
It's really difficult to get a Cabin/Motel at Hell Cr. in June.
You can almost always get an overflow camp site.

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2023, 02:45 PM »
BigSage- Thanks for the information. Being its our first time we just wanted to take the boat and see how long the drive is from Wyoming, check out the road from Jordan to see if its something we want to do alot. We do have a camper but of course that means taking two trucks to haul boat and traler and it might just be money ahead to rent a room at a motel or if lucky and do so a year in advance get a room there at hell creek..

Like I said thanks to folks like yourself we got it figured out, found a place close by and will get to expierence the great fishery of Fort Peck- Now just hoping it doesn't rain the whole time and we get to catch a few different species of fish..

Thanks again and we'll take a look at all the aspect of hell creek once we make it there.
Marvin

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2023, 02:51 PM »
On the off chance you're not aware, definitely bring chains! That's one heck of a road when soggy with a couple of steep climbs/drops.

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2023, 06:21 PM »
BigSage- Thanks for the information. Being its our first time we just wanted to take the boat and see how long the drive is from Wyoming, check out the road from Jordan to see if its something we want to do alot. We do have a camper but of course that means taking two trucks to haul boat and traler and it might just be money ahead to rent a room at a motel or if lucky and do so a year in advance get a room there at hell creek..

Like I said thanks to folks like yourself we got it figured out, found a place close by and will get to expierence the great fishery of Fort Peck- Now just hoping it doesn't rain the whole time and we get to catch a few different species of fish..

Thanks again and we'll take a look at all the aspect of hell creek once we make it there.
Bringing an extra vehicle does cost a lot in gas, but if that road is washboard it's miserable and if its raining, you may not make it in. 

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2023, 04:41 PM »
You guys are making it hard on a guy. Thought the road would be dried up by June and great going in an out? Guess from what your saying the 30 miles from Jordan to Hell Creek isnt a good hard road and any moisture you get the road turns to mush? So a guy might as well just stay on pavement?

Yeah, don't have chains and probably won't buy a set just to go fishing. Fishing is supposed to be a fun enjoyable sport not one where someone has to worry about getting to a lake.. Guess we'll see- If nothing else I guess we can just keep pulling the boat north till we hit the dam area where one can stay on good roads..

Thanks again for helping a guy out!!
Marvin

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 19, 2023, 10:30 AM »
Fishing is supposed to be a fun enjoyable sport not one where someone has to worry about getting to a lake..

That's part of the charm of the place  ;) I wouldn't necessarily ditch your plans, it's just a rugged part of a rugged state. If you truly don't want a set of chains onboard, definitely have a backup plan (i.e. routes with pavement) like you mentioned.

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 19, 2023, 07:43 PM »
Thanks- And I'm sure not ditching plans as there are like 3 groups of us going now. Some folks have been there for the last 8 years and take their camper and camp right at hell creek either in one of the camping sites or the overflow camping area.. The other two of us have never been there before but i'm sure with 5 days schedules we will at least make it there one day for sure if not all 5..

Thanks for all the good advice!!
Marvin

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 19, 2023, 08:03 PM »
You guys are making it hard on a guy. Thought the road would be dried up by June and great going in an out? Guess from what your saying the 30 miles from Jordan to Hell Creek isnt a good hard road and any moisture you get the road turns to mush? So a guy might as well just stay on pavement?

Yeah, don't have chains and probably won't buy a set just to go fishing. Fishing is supposed to be a fun enjoyable sport not one where someone has to worry about getting to a lake.. Guess we'll see- If nothing else I guess we can just keep pulling the boat north till we hit the dam area where one can stay on good roads..

Thanks again for helping a guy out!!

Lol, any rain and it all turns to gumbo, that happens and you might be wishing you had some chains.

Offline coleworld

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2023, 12:17 PM »
Same area but different topic...how is ice looking this year? Been really warm in Billings, and I have been curious if we have ice yet on the lake.

Thanks!

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2023, 12:37 PM »
Welcome aboard Cole! You have your requisite post and should be able to view the reports page (linked below). But to answer your question, I would be astonished if Peck had fishable ice yet.

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=142939.0

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Dec 22, 2023, 10:43 AM »
From the webcam- Fort Peck is "Wide Open".

https://www.milescitywalleyes.net/hellcreek/
Marvin

Offline FishingCowboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 27, 2023, 04:29 AM »
All I see is black....oh yeah it's 3:30 AM   ;D
Rounding them up for the corral.....

Offline Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Dec 28, 2023, 10:30 AM »
Well go look at the webcam now and you'll see quite a bit of open water when eventually ice will be..
Marvin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.