Author Topic: The Best Fish House  (Read 3388 times)

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
The Best Fish House
« on: Jan 14, 2004, 09:22 PM »
The best fish house anyone can build is a house that fits his or her personal needs. I always find it interesting how each Ice Fisherman puts His or Her own personal touch in there shack.
I've been in houses so elaborate i could have moved into and retired. I have also been in some very crude dwellings. Heck I used to own some. Finding the right house is a evolution
   Over time my houses have gone from homemade collapsibles, to store bought collapsible NORTHLANDER great house.
   As I have gotten older I have started to enjoy comfort. The house I presently own is smaller than my last two, made of wood it fits on a snowmobile trailer. The size 6' x 8' insulated a 30,000 btu HANDI-HEATER ( By the way this is the best heater I have ever owned vents to the outside, A 20,000 btu would be more than adequate but the 30,000 came out of my 8' x 8' house made of metal which fits on a snowmobile trailer and is for sale. It sleeps two and you can load a 4 wheeler inside.)
  I have a 12 volt deep cycle battery mounted inside it runs my lights, music radio, UHF two way radio. ( when my buddies and I go to the BIG ICE we will each take a point, trying to find fish and communicate through out the day and night, also instant weather update 24-7)
   Some other things I have are a 12v cigarette plug in, to run my electric filet knife, oustde light, filet board mounted on the outside of my house to filet those fish after the big evening runs.
   I went to my local computer store and picked up a 12V computer fan 3" x 3" x 1" mounted in the celing, celing fan put in a toggle switch, to blow warm air down to the floor keeps my holes clear.
  If you ever come into my house and see some ELK teeth hanging from a leather neckless or see a Ice fisherman with elk teeth around his neck it's probably me. You know every Ice Fisherman needs a good luck charm. When to fishing gets tough! you need something    Tell me some your intresting things about your ICE SHANTY!                      
                                     Good luck fishing
                                        BIG ICE

Offline Cook078

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good Fishing
Re:The Best Fish House
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2004, 09:38 PM »
Big Ice, you make me very, very jealous!!  Sounds great, and sounds like something I will strive for...Until then the Shappel will have to do!!
Good luck!!
Mike
have a CRAPPIE day!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.