Author Topic: Berkley Gulp Crappie Nibbles  (Read 2099 times)

Offline RickTheRock

• IceShanty Rookie
Berkley Gulp Crappie Nibbles
« on: Jan 22, 2009, 10:42 PM »
Has anyone tried or used Berkley Gulp Crappie Nibbles on there jigs? Do they work?

Thanks,
Rock

Offline brokeinNYS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Berkley Gulp Crappie Nibbles
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2009, 05:18 AM »
Rick I have noticed when gills or perch slow down , I switch from wax worms my primarily bait to the green colored crappie nibbles which usually catches several quick responses - the red nibbles don't seem work as well - have also been known to switch to a single piece of sweet corn - don't laugh it works - pieces of slightly under done chicken fat, cut into strips a 1/4 inch wide and an inch long - small pieces of trout worms from Walmart and the list goes on.  Yesterday I was using the black fly jig with wax worms. Noticed the fluffy part of the fly fell apart after a dozen or so gills and under the fluff was a solid black body with two white spots - talk about something that drew attention - it worked super - limited out on gills for the third day in a row.   

Offline fiesty

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Berkley Gulp Crappie Nibbles
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2009, 05:54 AM »
yes the nibbles work...been using em for years...I prefer the larger maggot type, but usually keep them both in the same jar, and they seem to catch about the same...the maggot types stay on the hook longer=more fish....leaving right now....
It's all about Karma.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.