Author Topic: Camping and fishing  (Read 801 times)

Offline BroAces

• IceShanty Rookie
Camping and fishing
« on: Jan 01, 2011, 10:32 AM »

Went on a 2 night camping trip, beautiful secluded cabin, wood fired Japanese Ofuro soaking tub. Got some fishing done on a small private lake. Wife got one Pike and I caught 4, the biggest was a least 4 lbs. I guess I'm not as rusty as I thought I was.

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Camping and fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2011, 12:32 PM »
BroAces

Nice pike - how the hell did you get the wife on the ice?  My lady likes summer fishing (mosting tanning on the boat), but I've never seen a lady out on the hardwater!

Got any info on the cabin?  Is it open to public rentals?

happy new year!
Tight lines

Offline BroAces

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2011, 02:17 PM »
Yes here is the web site www.lonewolfcabin.com. As for my wife we like to do things together, biking, hiking, snowshoeing and kayaking. My new ambition is to start kayak fishing, check this site out. 

http://kayakfishingtv.oncourss.com/

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:51 PM »
BroAces- you're a lucky man to have a wife like that.   I will check out that cabin for sure.  I am looking to get into kayak fishing also, as currently I depend on others for boating....there's only so much you can do from shore.  what kind of pricing have you seen on the fishing kayaks?  I've seen them used on TV, looks like tons of fun!
Tight lines

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Very nice, myself and 3 buddies do a trip like that each season, I will have to keep this link for future use.  Wish there site had some more fishing pics, but looks like you ran into some pike which is good

Offline drillin n chillin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2011, 11:10 PM »
Hey DL. I'm not married but every girlfriend i've had( and there have been a few) all loved icefishing. Especially if you have a hard side hut with heat. If the fishing is slow theres other things to do.lol.

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2011, 03:37 PM »
ahh....now I'm getting the picture.  Perhaps if I upgrade from bucket to hut... ;)
Tight lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.