Author Topic: Nh snow dog owners  (Read 4568 times)

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Nh snow dog owners
« Reply #30 on: Mar 20, 2019, 08:37 PM »
Yep, Stealth!   :(
I have a 1070.
Good little tractor, not sure why JD thinks their paint & parts are so special though?
I always buy OEM parts for a fraction of their cost, elsewhere!

Yeah, ours has been supper reliable and a good little unit. x2 on getting oe parts from anywhere but the Deere dealer.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: Mar 21, 2019, 04:26 PM »
Vintage ice fishing snowmobiles could be a whole new thread on IS.  Here's my battle wagon.

"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Mar 21, 2019, 06:24 PM »
Sweet
Salmonemia

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Mar 21, 2019, 07:53 PM »
Vintage ice fishing snowmobiles could be a whole new thread on IS.  Here's my battle wagon.

Only one ski? That’s pretty neat!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Mar 21, 2019, 07:59 PM »
Only one ski? That’s pretty neat!

That looks like a SkiDoo Alpine!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Mar 22, 2019, 08:31 AM »

You are right! We should have a vintage thread. Here is my 36 year old beauty!! The first of the "long tracks":
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Mar 22, 2019, 09:25 AM »
I think vintage is the way to go for ice fishing... I'm gong to look for a late 60s Skidoo Olympic 299 this summer. Had one when I was a kid and it was a blast, air cooled and bogey wheeled... could ride that thing through or over anything without worrying about melted slides over overheating and if you did get stuck it only weighed like 300 pounds so you could just pick it up and move it over. I grabbed a sled last fall with the thoughts of ice fishing but the car guy in me blinded logical thought and I ended up with ported and piped ZR900.. Not great for pulling a shack slow and mellow lol.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Mar 22, 2019, 11:03 AM »
Having owned a few sleds in the past I decided to go with a used 4x4 this year. Can put it to use dragging/transporting deer and deer stands then add chains and I am on the ice. So far it is the best purchase I have made for fishing/hunting purposes and since I have the added mobility I also upgraded to a eskimo fatfish. Warmth, comfort and mobility..

Offline burgerunh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Mar 22, 2019, 11:10 AM »
I would love to add a nice 25+ year old 4x4 4-wheeler to the arsenal that I could register as an antique as well.  This is a lot harder to find than a decent old sled.  I think that there was less of them back then and what was sold back then has been beat so hard that it isn't worth buying.  You can buy a decent 4x4 quad for $2-3k but it probably will not qualify as an antique.  Then you are stuck dropping close to a c-note every year just to be able to legally use it on the ice.

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Mar 23, 2019, 03:31 PM »
It winds up being the same you save 30 bucks if you join a club but it costs 30 bucks to join a club. It's a no win!!

The money out of pocket is the same if you are registering one machine. Each additional machine saves $30 if you join a club. This can be substantial savings for a family with several machines to register.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.