Author Topic: Nh snow dog owners  (Read 4567 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nh snow dog owners
« on: Mar 17, 2019, 11:20 AM »
Anybody have a snowdog in NH? If so do you register it? Is it required. Will inquire but wondering what NH requires. Nothing found online thanks
Salmonemia

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Nh snow dog owners
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2019, 11:48 AM »
I doubt you would. You will need a trailer to haul it.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2019, 01:02 PM »
I doubt you would. You will need a trailer to haul it.
Planned on that denny. Heard i might have to reg in nh but seems silly considering i wont be using trails. Ill play dumb.  I havent even seen one in use here.
Salmonemia

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2019, 01:41 PM »
Planned on that denny. Heard i might have to reg in nh but seems silly considering i wont be using trails. Ill play dumb.  I havent even seen one in use here.

My Argo isn't allowed on trails either...still have to pay up "sucker" and extra $$ because of no club affiliation.
If it has a motor and a track (which it does) you will likely have to register it in my opinion...

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2019, 03:57 PM »
Nothing is free anymore

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2019, 06:24 PM »
I’d say you would have to...even using a golf cart needs registration OHRV
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2019, 06:42 PM »
My Argo isn't allowed on trails either...still have to pay up "sucker" and extra $$ because of no club affiliation.
If it has a motor and a track (which it does) you will likely have to register it in my opinion...
Can you explain this.? Im not familiar with this.  Why join a club ? I wont be using trails.  If i have to register it so be it. Whats the process ? Seems more complex than a boat reg or a car
Salmonemia

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2019, 06:45 PM »
By joining a club it is cheaper to register if not it will cost you more

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2019, 06:47 PM »
Being a member of an ATV or snowmobile club makes you eligible for a discounted registration on your machine.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2019, 06:48 PM »
It winds up being the same you save 30 bucks if you join a club but it costs 30 bucks to join a club. It's a no win!!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2019, 06:52 PM »
As of right now you do not need to register a snow dog but I am sure that will change because nothing is free phone calls go along way

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 17, 2019, 06:52 PM »
It winds up being the same you save 30 bucks if you join a club but it costs 30 bucks to join a club. It's a no win!!
That was my thought.  Thanks
Salmonemia

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 17, 2019, 06:54 PM »
Eventually they'll probably try to make it like a snowmobile or an ATV good luck

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 17, 2019, 06:54 PM »
As of right now you do not need to register a snow dog but I am sure that will change because nothing is free phone calls go along way
I will look into it. Just wondering where you found out ? Ill call tomorrow if i have time. Thanks for the info.  Figured no registration is a pipe dream
Salmonemia

Offline ice fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 18, 2019, 03:23 AM »
How much does. A snow dog go for price ?

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 18, 2019, 04:46 AM »
2900 to 3700. Im looking at a used one that might be for grabs
Salmonemia

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 18, 2019, 05:57 AM »
You are not riding ON it so why should you have to register it? Registering a lawn mower will be next!

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 18, 2019, 06:01 AM »
You are not riding ON it so why should you have to register it? Registering a lawn mower will be next!

Don't give them any ideas.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 18, 2019, 06:59 AM »
Same concept as the old “Diablo Rouge” back in the day...it pulled you along just like the Dog. That’s why they have the “OTHER” designation in the registration rules. My Argo is an “other” and so should the snow dog.
One call the department and you’ll get your answer (as vague as they usually are)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 18, 2019, 08:11 PM »
Spoke with someone today that has one in NH. It is required to be registered.  66 dollars he said. Im assuming that is with a club membership.  Thanks everyone. 
Hope he decides to sell it and ill grab it.
Salmonemia

Offline johnnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Mar 19, 2019, 03:11 AM »
Looking at the snow dog brings back memories of a relic Gravely 2 wheel tractor from the farm a long time ago.  It had a cant kill it motor (might have been a tecumseh), handlebars, pto, snow plow, etc. My Gramps(a fine irishman) put heavy chains on the wheels and built a sled with skis on it with a sulky seat to haul firewood, etc.. The Gravely was built in the 1930s and my Gramps probably found it at the dump and gave it a new life. Fast forward 85 years and add technology and you have a snow dog.

Boys being boys we put the Gravely  to other uses. We took it out to a pond and plowed out ice skating trails for the girls and a pond hockey rink. We had some great memories from those times.  Yes it was slow but it sure beat shoveling.
John

Offline ice fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 19, 2019, 04:34 AM »
I recently called concord headquarters about antique snowmobile reg . Was told if the machine is 25yrs or older one time registration fee . Also applies to atv s .  Think that will be the way I go next season . Look for a antique sled . Just something to get on and off the lake .

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 19, 2019, 06:04 AM »
Sno dog is the modern version of the Bolens Hus -Ski.

Offline burgerunh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 19, 2019, 07:50 AM »
If you want some ice transportation on the cheap, you can't really beat an old fan cooled, long track snowmobile.  Bought myself a 1991 Polaris 340 GT Lite for $500 this past December.  Registered it at F&G as an antique for $52.50 for the rest of my life.  Probably the best money I have spent on ice fishing gear and it puts a smile on my face every time I ride it!  Pair it up with a Bayrunner Shanty and you've got it made!  If you see me out on Ossipee Lake stop by for a beer!

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Mar 19, 2019, 09:32 AM »
Looking at the snow dog brings back memories of a relic Gravely 2 wheel tractor from the farm a long time ago.  It had a cant kill it motor (might have been a tecumseh), handlebars, pto, snow plow, etc. My Gramps(a fine irishman) put heavy chains on the wheels and built a sled with skis on it with a sulky seat to haul firewood, etc.. The Gravely was built in the 1930s and my Gramps probably found it at the dump and gave it a new life. Fast forward 85 years and add technology and you have a snow dog.

Boys being boys we put the Gravely  to other uses. We took it out to a pond and plowed out ice skating trails for the girls and a pond hockey rink. We had some great memories from those times.  Yes it was slow but it sure beat shoveling.
John
Cool story!
Relic is a relative term. I have seen a few of those Gravely's used for their intended purposes not that long ago. I'm sure there's some still working around, today.
It's remarkable how much newer farm machinery is based on original horse drawn designs. I used a horse drawn mowing machine (cutter bar) of the 30's and older vintage for many years. There's thousands of those old machines still being used today.   

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #25 on: Mar 19, 2019, 01:09 PM »
Cool story!
Relic is a relative term. I have seen a few of those Gravely's used for their intended purposes not that long ago. I'm sure there's some still working around, today.
It's remarkable how much newer farm machinery is based on original horse drawn designs. I used a horse drawn mowing machine (cutter bar) of the 30's and older vintage for many years. There's thousands of those old machines still being used today.   
Thats because stuff back then was built to last and work. Most things now a days are all disposable. I have a john deere lawn tractor and a snowblower that are both 30 years old and have never let me down yet. where as my neighbor is on his 3rd snowblower and 2nd mower in the past 10 years all bought at home depot.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Mar 19, 2019, 01:39 PM »
Thats because stuff back then was built to last and work. Most things now a days are all disposable. I have a john deere lawn tractor and a snowblower that are both 30 years old and have never let me down yet. where as my neighbor is on his 3rd snowblower and 2nd mower in the past 10 years all bought at home depot.
Sad, but true!
Before John Deere made those lawn mowers and blowers, and tractors, they made horse drawn equipment. Some is still in use today. FWIW, a lot of their smaller tractors today, are made by Yanmar in Japan.
Kinda sad to have to grab a metric wrench to work on a green tractor. 

Offline ice fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Mar 19, 2019, 06:17 PM »
Burgeruh  that's my thought  vintage snowmobile  and it'll be the best money spent to ice fishing equipment for me as well😊

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Mar 19, 2019, 07:11 PM »
Sad, but true!
Before John Deere made those lawn mowers and blowers, and tractors, they made horse drawn equipment. Some is still in use today. FWIW, a lot of their smaller tractors today, are made by Yanmar in Japan.
Kinda sad to have to grab a metric wrench to work on a green tractor.

Our JD 2210 at the shop is 100% Yanmar... 10 grand extra for green and yellow paint...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Mar 19, 2019, 07:24 PM »
Our JD 2210 at the shop is 100% Yanmar... 10 grand extra for green and yellow paint...
Yep, Stealth!   :(
I have a 1070.
Good little tractor, not sure why JD thinks their paint & parts are so special though?
I always buy OEM parts for a fraction of their cost, elsewhere!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.