New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: help on covid rules  (Read 5079 times)

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
help on covid rules
« on: Jan 12, 2021, 07:20 PM »
for the last 6 years my brothers and I have come up to Tupper to fish Simon pond. We live in Ma and CT but it appears with the new "covid" rules we will have to quarentine for at least a few days and get a test. Last month Mass and CT were exempt but im not sure now...any advise?
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline Arch75

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: help on covid rules
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2021, 07:25 PM »
Sorry to tell you but this years (2021) derby has been cancelled.

Offline Arch75

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2021, 07:28 PM »
The rules keep changing but I think they are different if you live in a state that borders NY.

Offline finsntins

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2021, 07:41 PM »
go fishing with your brothers and have a good time just like you have done the past six years.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2021, 07:42 PM »
No issues going to NY...don't speed and you'll be fine.  Go 10 mph over the limit with out of state plates and you'll get popped. 

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2021, 07:49 PM »
i just dont think the hotel is allowed to rent to us without covid negative tests
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2021, 07:52 PM »
Just go fishing as you have. Rules for thee not for me
I live back in the woods you see

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2021, 07:54 PM »
i just dont think the hotel is allowed to rent to us without covid negative tests

Not true.  They will be happy to have you there.  No one is enforcing the “rules”, most of all not any hotels.  From MA and CT you are not subject to them anyways. 

Stay safe, wear masks, and observe social distancing.  Have fun and enjoy Tupper!

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:13 AM »
they just want your money. most places shouldnt give you any issues from what i am hearing

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:17 AM »
go fishing with your brothers and have a good time just like you have done the past six years.
Second this

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:19 AM »
lol I wouldn't even think of going to spend my money at a place so restrictive.  camp in a tent on the ice and live free. remember to take the the plunger.  ;D
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:26 AM »
for the last 6 years my brothers and I have come up to Tupper to fish Simon pond. We live in Ma and CT but it appears with the new "covid" rules we will have to quarentine for at least a few days and get a test. Last month Mass and CT were exempt but im not sure now...any advise?

Id go for it Mike.  ;D

I haven't heard of any restrictions and I have fished up there a few times recently with my out of state plates and no one has said anything. I asked a gas station guy a few weeks ago if there were any restrictions and he said no.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:37 AM »

Just follow some really simple guide lines and come fish and enjoy ,

Offline DowneastPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:55 AM »
And that’s why people are dying all over the place because of “rules for thee and not for me” Well done.

This is true, people are ruining the fun for everyone else because they think the rules don’t apply to them. Maybe visit the cdc website or the state website and do some research, the answers you get here won’t always be from the brightest individuals as evidenced by that response.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2021, 07:22 AM »
This is true, people are ruining the fun for everyone else because they think the rules don’t apply to them. Maybe visit the cdc website or the state website and do some research, the answers you get here won’t always be from the brightest individuals as evidenced by that response.

It is not at all and you both are barking at the wrong tree.  Your elected officials are not stopping anyone from doing anything...because they really can't.  So you can attack your own kind (fishermen) which is a weak af look here.  Or you can do what is right for you and ignore the choices of others....because at the end of the day if you are "following the rules" your never going to bump into any of us fishing making your argument moot.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 13, 2021, 07:36 AM »
And that’s why people are dying all over the place because of “rules for thee and not for me” Well done.

I went to Florida for Christmas for 2 weeks and followed all the guidelines and then quartined for 10 days symptom free. If they follow the rules and aren't in contact with anyone other than their party come to NY fish have a great time. I suggest using Air BNB usally no contact they leave a key or code and you never see them
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 13, 2021, 08:34 AM »
I drove to new york, passed through new hampshire and vermont. got out of my car once, to fish. never got within 10' of anyone else...safer then going to the local grocery for milk and eggs

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2021, 08:42 AM »
I guess you don't understand sarcasm 🙄 look at all the elected officials who have traveled all over and haven't followed their own guidelines. COME ON MAN!!!😂😂 Go FISHIN and have fun.

Offline fatty crusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 13, 2021, 09:00 AM »
You do you, I do me. I like to fish so thats what I do.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Jan 13, 2021, 09:09 AM »
I guess you don't understand sarcasm 🙄 look at all the elected officials who have traveled all over and haven't followed their own guidelines. COME ON MAN!!!😂😂 Go FISHIN and have fun.

Oh man that's the funniest part of this entire debacle...the officials disobeying their own rules and getting called out over and over again.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 13, 2021, 09:25 AM »
"Governor Andrew M. Cuomo has announced new guidelines allowing travelers to New York to “test out” of the mandatory 10-day quarantine for asymptomatic individuals. Travelers from states that are contiguous with New York are exempt from the travel advisory; however covered travelers must continue to fill out the Traveler Health Form."

"Contiguous states are Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont. Travelers
from these states are not subject to this guidance."

PapaSly, you are in the clear.  MA is a contiguous state per their definition on their COVID travel advisory.  Don't let these knuckleheads who think you are going to spread covid and kill their families by ice fishing fool you.  I think the airBnB is the best option so you aren't eating out and have a full kitchen to cook whatever you'd like and can avoid eating out.  Good luck, hope you catch a monster.  ON A JAW JACKER  ;D ;D ;D
westernmas on the finder

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 13, 2021, 09:41 AM »
Oh man that's the funniest part of this entire debacle...the officials disobeying their own rules and getting called out over and over again.
And now look and listen to Dumbo in Albany he wants to reopen the economy 🙄 after all his buddies are leaving and he bankrupted so many small businesses.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22 on: Jan 13, 2021, 10:09 AM »
"Governor Andrew M. Cuomo has announced new guidelines allowing travelers to New York to “test out” of the mandatory 10-day quarantine for asymptomatic individuals. Travelers from states that are contiguous with New York are exempt from the travel advisory; however covered travelers must continue to fill out the Traveler Health Form."

"Contiguous states are Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont. Travelers
from these states are not subject to this guidance."

PapaSly, you are in the clear.  MA is a contiguous state per their definition on their COVID travel advisory.  Don't let these knuckleheads who think you are going to spread covid and kill their families by ice fishing fool you.  I think the airBnB is the best option so you aren't eating out and have a full kitchen to cook whatever you'd like and can avoid eating out.  Good luck, hope you catch a monster.  ON A JAW JACKER  ;D ;D ;D

Good share Pat.  Those knuckleheads won't get covid if they just stay home so what others do shouldn't effect them at all...thus I can't understand the beef.  Not like we are going fishing in their houses...

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 13, 2021, 10:16 AM »
Good share Pat.  Those knuckleheads won't get covid if they just stay home so what others do shouldn't effect them at all...thus I can't understand the beef.  Not like we are going fishing in their houses...

I mean if they have a heated spot with holes and the fishings any good I'll fish in there house lol
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 13, 2021, 11:02 AM »
Incorrect. It’s not about fishing. It’s about morons think rules don’t apply to them and running around like renegades. Go to Lowe’s or Walmart on any given day and you’ll see the healthily population in pajama bottoms and Dale JR tshirts not wearing masks and doing as they please. Only looking out for themselves and never once thinking that it could kill someone else’s mom who is compromised. America at its finest.
The ole “ain’t no one going to tell me what to do” is a low socioeconomic thought process and is the way this pandemic will continue to rampage. Now that’s cool AF!
But, I guess just igonoring the ignorance of others and letting them have a “win” because they don’t need to follow the proper human decency structure is something I need to work on.

I thought we were talking about fishing in a certain state, not going to wally world.  What did I miss?  This sounds like a script right out of a Facebook add.
westernmas on the finder

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25 on: Jan 13, 2021, 12:25 PM »

If jimmy Houston is making out with bass every time he catches one and he himself has Covid, does that stop us from fishing?
Just weed trout 😃

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26 on: Jan 13, 2021, 12:35 PM »
Just weed trout 😃
As an ol buzzard , I’ve heard this phrase from my parents , grand parent as a young man an (once of prevention is worth a # of cure)

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 13, 2021, 12:37 PM »
.. GO LAMAR AND THE RAVENS !!!!!  :-)

It’s statements like this that get threads locked....

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Jan 13, 2021, 12:44 PM »

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 13, 2021, 01:24 PM »
im just here for the generalizations..and cool ranch doritos

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum