Author Topic: We lost one!  (Read 6522 times)

Offline crappieman12887

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love them crappies!!!!
Re: We lost one!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 06, 2004, 01:45 PM »
Sorry about your brother, I too had lost a great friend and fisherman last year to cancer. Which had the love of the great outdoors, he was a lobsterman for many years and a hunter.  When I am outdoors doing some of the things that we done together I think of all the good times we had.  So my prayers go out to you and your family.  Again sorry about your loss.  I won't tip a beer but I will hold the tip of my fishing pole high for him, and bow my head.

Offline crappieman12887

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love them crappies!!!!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 06, 2004, 01:46 PM »
Sorry about your brother, I too had lost a great friend and fisherman last year to cancer. Which had the love of the great outdoors, he was a lobsterman for many years and a hunter.  When I am outdoors doing some of the things that we done together I think of all the good times we had.  So my prayers go out to you and your family.  Again sorry about your loss.  I won't tip a beer but I will hold the tip of my fishing pole high for him, and bow my head.

(In memory of all the good fisherman)

fishmann

« Reply #32 on: Feb 06, 2004, 02:16 PM »
My condolances on your loss. I have been fortunate to not have any close loved ones pass for many years. Consider another beer tipped to him the next time I get out on the ice.

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #33 on: Feb 06, 2004, 09:44 PM »
As this tear rolls down my cheek and freezes :( I will pray for my lost ice fishing buddy.  Though I may of never met  him his life echoes in all our thoughts.  God Bless Herman and may GOD cover his traps forever!!

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lottie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pa. Goat Boy member
« Reply #34 on: Feb 06, 2004, 10:08 PM »
When My son (best friend & fishing partner) go Fishing on Monday we will release the 1st fish in Herman's Memory.
God Bless

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
« Reply #35 on: Feb 06, 2004, 10:48 PM »
Every black cloud has a silver lining, in that he probably has better fishing, better beer, & better everything where he is now, and is laughing at us for our feeble attempts at comparison.  Little do we know!!!  My sincerest sympathies.  I will offer a prayer at Mass on Sunday.

Offline Lottie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pa. Goat Boy member
« Reply #36 on: Feb 10, 2004, 09:34 AM »
I have an interesting story to relate as to my previous post.  My minister called me on Sat. and asked me to bring in some fishing equipment for a childrens sermon about Jesus fishing for the multitude. So I took her a tipup, one of my bass rods and a tackle box. She did a great job (sometimes I think that the chlidrens sermons are really ment for the adults).  After the service I took a pen and marked the tipup with a cross so I new which one I took to church.  On Monday my son and I went Ice fishing and by the time we put in the 4th tipup the first flag went off.  We went over to it and han a nice 12" perch at the end of the line. At that time we released it in the memory of your brother.

After having a gread day of jigging up a load of fish we still only caught 1 fish on the tipups. When I was picking up the equipment I pulled up the tipup which had caught the perch. On the tipup was the cross I had marked.  As they say God works in mysterious ways.

I am also going to talk to the minister about bringing in the rest of the equipment.               

Offline rmichaels

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #37 on: Feb 16, 2004, 05:50 PM »
I want to thank you all for the wonderful comments, and to apologize for not replying earlier (though I've been reading all the messages).

I have to say of the all the comments/stories/explanations people have told me about my brother's death, the ones I read here were some of the best ones and really made me (and my fishing party) feel better.

I'm gearing up for some fishing on Lake George right now.. Unfortunately the guys we usually go with are not going due to my brother's death, but I absolutely MUST be out there on the ice, for the rest and some reflection.  And of course, I'm going to have a flag out for Herman. 

Once again, thank you for all the replies.  You guys really did make things a bit better for us :)

-Rob

Offline ice_eyez

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Looking for Walter Walleye!!!
« Reply #38 on: Feb 16, 2004, 05:59 PM »
So sorry to hear of your loss.

Prayers and Best Wishes are Sent Your Way. I lost my father last year, he was a huge Sailing fan, and got me hooked on fishing at an early age.

I will release the first fish when I'm on the Ice tomorrow. I can't seem to find the words as to how much I enjoy this board, and all the people who are able to share hardships such as these, makes me believe the online world is a place for healing. And to everyone who takes the time to reach out to folks like this, we are truly blessed.

LD
Ice Fishing Nut from NE Pennsylvania. Love Walleye, Perch and Crappie! E-Mail me if your planning a trip in the Poconos or General Area and want more Tip Ups!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.