Author Topic: Killing nuns  (Read 3576 times)

tony_d

Killing nuns
« on: Feb 09, 2004, 09:01 PM »
When I ask most of my "liquid" water fishing friends to go "ice fishing" I think that they hear
"Do you want to go out and kill nuns?" Does anyone else get this reaction? Or are my friends just a bunch of wussies?  I am getting to the point that I don't like to tell people about my "problem".   Seeya, ya bunch of sickos!! t.

Offline fzrpilot6

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Killing nuns
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2004, 11:54 PM »
offer to buy the beer.  couple of my friends are not sure about walking on the ice, funny what free beer will make people do.  then when they get hooked u can make them buy the next time.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2004, 04:01 AM »
i really like it when you get someone who has never been before,and they are nervous about being on the ice .as you are approaching the lake and they realize you are driving your truck down the boat launchand onto the ice    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH H........ BAIL OUT ,BAIL OUT!!!

Offline nocash0000

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2004, 05:18 AM »
billditrite, that's a good one.
walk the hard water side.

Offline Fish Monger

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Maine
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2004, 05:54 AM »
Or when the ice is shifting and cracking, nothing dangerous but it is noisy. They just about come unglued.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2004, 07:00 AM »
Yeah! when that big boomer of a crack passes nearby...you jump up and say UH OOOH!

Their face turns white!

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2004, 07:32 AM »
I did that to a friend of mine the first time i took him icefishing. It was a pressure starting to form, you know the long rumble - ice shifting... I yelled look out we're going thru ;D ;D ;D well it took me 10 minutes to get him to move. I thought I was going to have to take him to the funny farm :) :). It took him awhile but he has calmed down since then but he did say my day was coming....

Offline kinkyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2004, 07:37 AM »
One rather humorous reply that I heard:

"The only thing dumber to do with a hook then ice fish is to sit on one"

I guess i'm dumb, but not dumber!!!  I have hooked just about every part of my body but my butt.

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2004, 07:48 AM »
 I like it when rookies stand on shore and yell to ya, HOW THICK is the ice? I always Yell back 1"- 11/2" seems to keep them at bay lol.

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2004, 07:49 AM »
I asked my father n law if he wanted to go ice fishing with us and his response was "Nope, Too Fat"  ;D and then he said it cost too much money. ??!! :o Lets see if I can figure this out. He has a $15K boat with about $4k in extras, $700 in poles, ummm. 15+4+7 carry the one and hmmmm round to the nearest dollar, GOT IT $20,000. My dad and I have about $1500 invested between us in our ice fishing gear. Must be that old math.  ::) I haven't asked him since.

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2004, 08:10 AM »
People do not understand that while setting on that bucket in what appears to be a stupor at best or frozen solid, ice fishermen are actually communing with God and nature as well as escaping their wives. Those, who when asked to join us  (the chosen few) and then decline are soulless savages fearful of what a few hours of introspection and peace will do to them. That plus they are scared to death of going through the ice and dieing a horrid death. ;D
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Offline Sub Zero

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Ice?
« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2004, 09:10 AM »
It's sad to think that most people will never experience the tranquillity of being out there on the ice at the crack of dawn setting up camp having hot coffee and seeing a view of the world that so few us truly appreciate. I just smile when people say "you're nuts" :P
People think we're crazy but we know better!

Offline Lottie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pa. Goat Boy member
« Reply #12 on: Feb 10, 2004, 01:58 PM »
I live in NE Pa. and we have alot of people moving here from NY and NJ.. When I talk to them I ask some of them to go icefishing and they look at me as if I have 2 heads.  But the other day I was talking to one of my clients on my cell phone and I nailed on on my jigging rod. I asked to hold on for a min. I landed the perch and then picked the phone up off the ice.  I was laughing so I told her where I was and what had happened. The lady came back to me and said that the view from my "office" must be awesome. She was right and I was lucky to be able to enjoy God's world.     

Offline triton 5

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 10, 2004, 04:06 PM »
Typical conversation between ice fishmen and much of the rest of the world;
"Where are you going?"
     "Ice fishing!"
         "What are you nuts?"
              "Yup!"
 I say to myself; Why let everyone in on the secret! 

8)

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #14 on: Feb 10, 2004, 04:13 PM »
People do not understand that while setting on that bucket in what appears to be a stupor at best or frozen solid, ice fishermen are actually communing with God and nature as well as escaping their wives. Those, who when asked to join us  (the chosen few) and then decline are soulless savages fearful of what a few hours of introspection and peace will do to them. That plus they are scared to death of going through the ice and dieing a horrid death. ;D
actually they say its quite a peaceful death but id rather not find out

Offline hardwater freak

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • why i icefish
« Reply #15 on: Feb 10, 2004, 04:43 PM »
hey fellow icefishing buds. i think the comment about getting in touch with nature and my higherpower is where it's at. i also get to catch a batch of teasty fish.
 my self and a fishing buddy are having sweatshirt made up with a slogan that say's (if i have to explain what hardwater fishing is you will not understand) then i will have a picture of my logo on it. you know fishing dude sitting on a bucket with a jigging rod. 
live to fish ,fish to live.!!!!      fishon dude..

tony_d

« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2004, 09:37 PM »
 ;D I am glad that i am not the only member that gets reactions ranging from "Yeah, right" to " You really are serious, aren't you" . Since I started this, then there has gotta be some really strange reactions. seeya,t.

Offline LoveIce

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #17 on: Feb 12, 2004, 09:45 PM »
When I ask one of my friends he said nope dont go ,not since CABLE TV
YOU DONT HAVE A FLASHER what are you nuts.

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #18 on: Feb 12, 2004, 10:50 PM »
I asked this girl once if she had ever been Ice Fishing and she said " Isn't that illegal " ??? Oy Vay....
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
« Reply #19 on: Feb 13, 2004, 09:14 AM »
Hi Gang!
I get the funniest looks when I even bring up ice fishing.
 I keep asking my wife to go ice fishing with me even begging her. 26 years and counting! She said I am crazy.  I think thats what she loves about me most!
     I think you as ice fisherman, your doing things your way and we have a secret too!  I just sit there and try and figure out what it is.  I have no clue why I like ice fishing so much do any of you?  I just can't wait to go?  When or if I catch fish it adds to the fun.  I can't think of anywhere else I would rather be for 8 or 10 hour's. I guess its like racing.  Once you get the bug it never stops that darn tick never goe's away.  Plus I never have had cabin fever!
  Staying Warm in my new fish trap scout.  Orange flag flying!
  Sincerely
  Da-Roc

maine-ly backward

« Reply #20 on: Feb 13, 2004, 09:16 AM »
Maybe it has something to do with being able to walk on water?

Offline mrlongbeard1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flags up and rods bent...
« Reply #21 on: Feb 13, 2004, 09:52 AM »
    It's how people react when you share some of the fish you caught with them and then tell them how you got them.And I like to  walk on water.
When the ice is on. I'm on the ice.

cultiva77

« Reply #22 on: Feb 16, 2004, 12:14 PM »
Most of my friends are the same way.  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr they say or ask how I can sit on the ice all day.  They think I'm nuts.  I'M NUTS???  These are people that will either ride their snowmobile all day (that is out in the cold too, duh) or sit indoors all day with cabin fever.  Man, get out and enjoy the cold slushy beers. :'(

Offline Big Dawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 16, 2004, 07:01 PM »
when im rolling up my 2 tipups and 6 cusk lines in below 0, i swear to myself im never doing this again...but the next day im right back out doing the same thing!  ya gotta love icefishing!!!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.