Author Topic: We need rescued!  (Read 732 times)

Offline Osage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it ain't my business,It ain't my business !!!
We need rescued!
« on: Jan 22, 2012, 09:40 PM »
Being southern boys,me and my son are the main attraction,in our area.Seems nobody down here have ever heard of spring bobbers,schoolies,tip ups,tip downs or fishing rods shorter than six foot.Most have never seen rod holders for keeping rods off the ice,most of my fellow fishermen lean their poles on a beer cans or a chunk of fire wood.I have the only ice auger,everyone else use axes or sledge hammers to make holes.I watched a group of 12 fellows walk out on 3 1/2" of ice,pull out their axes and hammers and pound at least 25 holes,then they all set in a circle,one hangranade would have got them all.This is the main reason we like to fish on the lonely end of the lake.We need to move up Nort :-\

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: We need rescued!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2012, 09:46 PM »
What's wrong with any of that? Fishing ain't about having the best stuff. I use a spud bar till 6" of ice, same concept.

Offline fishinfanatic

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here Fishy,Fishy,Fishy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2012, 09:53 PM »
The question is were they catching any fish? I have chuckled at stuff like before, but they still out fish me !!!!! :(

Offline jonserfish1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hi, my name is Jeff and I'm a fishahaulic!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:45 AM »
I get what you are saying O! with all that room to fish no need to be on top of each other.

Offline Osage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:39 AM »
What's wrong with any of that? Fishing ain't about having the best stuff. I use a spud bar till 6" of ice, same concept.
It's not what they use as much as the fact they never knew any of those things existed.I also like a spud bar,but for some funny reason I don't feel at ease with a half dozen dudes with sledge hammers pounding holes through three inches of ice around me,call me crazy  ::) .Remember,where I'm from,half the folks think a web site is where a spider lives ;D

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2012, 08:46 AM »
You should certainly have quite the advantage then when thicker ice and colder weather comes. I sure wish guys around here had no augers, no electronics, no portables, no heaters and no knowledge. That would be awesome for me!! But not the case. Highly competitive area I live in, ice fishing is religion to many. What do you guys fish for down there anyway?

Offline Osage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:26 AM »
You should certainly have quite the advantage then when thicker ice and colder weather comes. I sure wish guys around here had no augers, no electronics, no portables, no heaters and no knowledge. That would be awesome for me!! But not the case. Highly competitive area I live in, ice fishing is religion to many. What do you guys fish for down there anyway?
On a good ice year we only get six inches of ice,and it only last a couple weeks.The state stocks trout starting in January,if it weren't for that nobody would ice fish.We have gills,crappie,bass and catfish,but nobody ever ice fishes for them.Our lakes are not that big,so it's hard to be isolated.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.