Wisconsin > Ice Fishing Wisconsin

Hartland area

(1/7) > >>

PACKERBACKER:
Hi folks, I live in upstate NY on the south shore of Lake Ontario. My daughter will be moving to the Hartland area. I will be making occasional trips and wondered about the ice fishing in the area nearby. I'm primarily a perch/crappie/bluegill guy. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks and have a great season.

packerbacker

esox_xtm:
Hartland is in the "heart" of what is known as "Lake Country" in SE WI. Dozens of lakes with everything from trout to muskies plus the big pond half an hour east. There are many panfish options but heavy pressure keeps the size structure on the average to smaller size. Exceptions to that exist if you're willing to walk and/or work for some special fish.

I'm maybe a dozen miles from there. Let me know when you'll be visiting and I will try to give you the current info. And thanks for being a "packerbacker" in a hostile environment.  :thumbsup: :clap:

ChadLeton:
Welcome Packer!

Give me a shout when you'll be in the area. Happy to share info!

esox_xtm:
Hey Chad, welcome to the Shanty! I see you've been here since August and are probably still mousing around. Lots of good stuff here and great folks to go along with that. Delafield, that makes up practically neighbors.  ;D Don't get over that way to fish much, there's just too much in the Ocon area that's only 10 -15 minutes for me. Good luck this season and stay safe!

TheCrappieFisherman:
I have family in hartland/oconomowoc area, hoping I can combine a trip to visit them with some ice fishing also this winter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version