Author Topic: Barn Boots for Ice Fishing.  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
Barn Boots for Ice Fishing.
« on: Feb 19, 2007, 08:23 AM »
I use 'Barn Boot's when I ice fish because of the potential for water on the ice. They are about 15" high, have steel toes to keep errant cows from crushing your feet, and they are cheap. I use my loggers creepers on 'em and always have dry feet. Mine are large enough to slip on and off, and there's room for 'Hotties' hand warmers inside. Check with Agway or Tractors Supply.

The ONLY other boots that have worked for me are my West Coast Loggers boots which are handmade and cost about $300. a pair. Contact West Coast Shoe Company for those babies. They're the best.

I get no snow and ice build up when there's water under the snow on the ice and it's really cold out either. Your boots can end up weighing twenty pounds each with boots that have surfaces that collect freezing water, which my rubber 'Barn Boots' don't do.
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Offline gumpy2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's gator time...
Re: Barn Boots for Ice Fishing.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2007, 08:34 AM »
I use 'Barn Boot's when I ice fish because of the potential for water on the ice.

You mean SH!T KICKERS ?  :)

"Porkers??  You talkin' about porkers Mr. Hoopa?"

Offline MuskyHunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Time to play the game!"
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2007, 08:54 AM »
I use 'em too, mine have felt liners and tie tight at the top to keep snow out..Wallymart has 'em for 36$....Plus..ya never know when a rogue sheep might cross the lake, hehe ;)
Eddie D.      NYRC member 

Offline MuskyHunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Time to play the game!"
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2007, 09:51 AM »
My $36 wally specials keep my feet warm and dry..leaves me plenty of cash for bait!! Plus..I look goooooooood!! Besides, what is on my feet is not as important as what is on the end of my line! Oh, and with all the snow here..you can't see my boots. ;D
Eddie D.      NYRC member 

Offline ice junkies

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If you wana catch more fish, go more often
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2007, 06:28 PM »
 ;D i preff er the old MUCK boots they are welll insulated and i havent had a cold or wet foot yet they do set you back 60 bucks but i have had mine for a couple of years and all ive done is replaced the insoles with some jel.. good stuff

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2007, 05:00 PM »
I used those when I first got into the sport. I think the ice was actually warmer than my feet after about three hours on the ice. I'll stick to the 1,000 grams of thinsulate in pack style boots. They're a lot heavier but they're just as dry and I never get cold feet anymore.

:tipup:

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2007, 06:59 AM »
I use 'Barn Boot's when I ice fish

you may be able to gut a deal from clem ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.